Shiggi

i am mad, but Lo is the boss

4 hours ago, Shiggi said:

i realy mad about that info. that cheaters unbanned, i hope you know that all what you do with you charakter make your account precious with Gold killstreak medals and total kills on you charakter information.

thats not fair a cheater can look like a CBT Veteran with 100.000 kills and 300 gold Killstreak medals. that messes up the value the precious. Cheater level faster becouse more kills more chash more Exp for the contakts. i could have cheated for years and will be rewarded now. i play since end of 2011 and i have on my account 11 gold streaks medals and i am proud of it. now it is worth nothing.

i can understand your taktics about the Population, but now you stolen my Value of my account.

You should change your way of thinking, the value of your account remains the same regardless of what occurs. To compare your personal goals and achievements to another player is meaningless as like you say it is all about how much effort you put into it. The cheater looking at his own account stats doesn't have the same level of accomplishment and pride as any genuine player but more importantly you should never compare your efforts to anyone else.

Just remember this, what takes someone 10 years to learn may take someone else 10 seconds. < I hope you understand the message.

Making a comparison between two players based on stats is meaningless as you do not get a sense of the real level of personal achievement.

Walk away from this knowing that how you feel about your account can never be matched by anyone else. 👍

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MrChan said:

Is it impossible to weed the unjust from the just though? How were Matt and the new support guys able to tell there were unjust bans? There was obviously some level of record keeping that was able to tell them that, I doubt they just took players at face value when they emailed support with "I got unfair ban :(" as soon as they saw the new owners.

Sure they will be able to see that here or there in that particular case the circumstances were fishy, maybe they even put the old system to the test and found it lacking, no doubt there. The error is in your next point:

13 minutes ago, MrChan said:

I'd say they could theoretically go through the old bans and separate out the just from the unjust...

As you stated yourself it would be a task beyond any mortal to go and look over each individual ban, the exact circumstances that led to the ban and review whether FF worked properly that day, or whether some GM had cat-piss in their coffee this morning and was banning for the most harmless things, or if these persons got banned for things unrelated to cheating even.

I am not quite sure what the latest count on ffbans.org for cheaters only was, but it would have been somewhere in the six-digit range.

Edited by Sniperturtle

while I'm kind of ok with LO decision to reverse majority of FF bans I believe people that continuously cheated and gained more than let's say 10 bans by cheating or exploiting over years should stay banned. those are pretty rare cases but they are also most toxic and destructive for the game and community. those people haven't learned the lesson before and most likely they will keep seeking for unfair advantage in any way possible.

on the other hand this massive unban thing would've done a good job as a stress test for the new anticheat solution.

5 hours ago, Dexem said:

Well if they decide to cheat again it is likely that they will be banned. If they want to play legit again good, I think not having access to an account you've spent a lot of money on for years is punishment enough

Completely agreed.

if they get banned again by the BattlEye, there will be no coming back; they just want to make sure all bans are deserved bans considering there have been many, MANY unnnecessary manual bans since the implementation of FairFight. Take Tobii and Dogfish as very obvious examples. LO wants a clear conscience.