Divait

Colby .45 AP recent nerf

Just want to hear your thoughts again...

I think recent nerf of this gun is not enough, it's still pretty powerful I would say. My opinion to developers - make this pistol 6 shot to kill and the magazine size of 8/9 bullets per magazine.

I agree, you need to lower it even more, because there are a lot of macros in the game with COLBY.45 AP, you can shoot any weapon, for example, the same Colby PMG with a 3 rate of fire or a Nano Oca, you can give many examples

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dsntw said:

I agree, you need to lower it even more, because there are a lot of macros in the game with COLBY.45 AP, you can shoot any weapon, for example, the same Colby PMG with a 3 rate of fire or a Nano Oca, you can give many examples

Colby PMG is automatic gun but yeah - colby 45 with macros equals to colby PMG, just less bullets in pistol, it's insane.

The only reason the .45 out shoots the PMG is because these idiots nerfed the range of the PMG from 40M to 20M.

can you fill me in on what the nerf was? so i can give my expert opinion.

Edited by FakeBungo

8 hours ago, FakeBungo said:

can you fill me in on what the nerf was? so i can give my expert opinion.

https://apbdb.com/changelog

1.30.0.839420 > 1.30.0.839648

Pistol_ColbyClassic - fMinDamageRange - Old 2500 - New 1000

Pistol_ColbyClassic - fRampDistance - Old 4000 - New 3500

It still has more range, faster ttk, and better accuracy than the FBW. It's still the most versatile secondary.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, BlatMan said:

It still has more range, faster ttk, and better accuracy than the FBW. It's still the most versatile secondary.

and also more recoil, less precision, shorter magazine and higher reload time than FBW..

FBW is still the more versatile secondary for the higher magazine, .45 close second in 1 vs 1 and slighty better finsher weapon.

Can the thread author make a video of half hour playing with solo .45 and another solo FBW (or any secondaries he likes)... just for understanding from his view of point why .45 is so superior for needing a nerf.

OFC Assuming, he has an Colby .45 ... 

14 hours ago, BlatMan said:

https://apbdb.com/changelog

1.30.0.839420 > 1.30.0.839648

Pistol_ColbyClassic - fMinDamageRange - Old 2500 - New 1000

Pistol_ColbyClassic - fRampDistance - Old 4000 - New 3500

the damage drops off at 10 meters? lmao what a stupid change.

On 5/14/2023 at 1:32 PM, PingOVER9000 said:

and also more recoil, less precision, shorter magazine and higher reload time than FBW..

FBW is still the more versatile secondary for the higher magazine, .45 close second in 1 vs 1 and slighty better finsher weapon.

Can the thread author make a video of half hour playing with solo .45 and another solo FBW (or any secondaries he likes)... just for understanding from his view of point why .45 is so superior for needing a nerf.

It's mostly vertical recoil, and it's not absurd like the old tommy gun. The lower draw time and reload time on the FBW does make it better in some situations, but if you missed 15 rounds, you weren't going to kill with any weapon.

Thing is, I don't think the .45 needed a nerf. I think the other pistols needed tweaking to make them worth using. The gamersfrist buffed RFP-9 was a good alternative to the .45. Better accuracy at range while sacrificing TTK. They could have reduced the FBW's bloom or gave it a little more over damage, rather than nerf it's competitors.

On 5/14/2023 at 8:32 PM, PingOVER9000 said:

It's hard to find a person, who is playing with FBW nowadays but you are still defending the OP gun again...

True, I prefer another pistol (S-AS PDW) may be found few people who are using it as well but not on the level with colby 45 in terms of popularity.

4 hours ago, Divait said:

It's hard to find a person, who is playing with FBW nowadays but you are still defending the OP gun again...

True, I prefer another pistol (S-AS PDW) may be found few people who are using it as well but not on the level with colby 45 in terms of popularity.

Popularity, especially alone,  doesnt increase or lower the worth of the wonders at your feet.. the contrary most of the times it blinds people of what it's really worthed to be treasured.

I am not defending anything, I am just ascerting the facts from my experience and you avoiding to confirm me if yes/No you have a .45.. whatever

I used FBW for very long time until I become quite confident with it to the point when I got at the beginning the weird though of playing solo FBW for weeks.. from there then I realized it's the best thing I have ever done, because everytime I play any FPS game in third person for instinct I know how to move and firing so a lot well than before.

.45 is a meritocratic weapon, it has its unforgiving weakness but reward skill, it's not overpowered and it has been the same for ages,  it's neither close to the OPness PAYToWIN of the nano of ages ago, you clearly you have no idea what you are talking about, I find so weird now people suddenly after using .45 for years think it need a nerf, LMAO.

@Divait it seems you havent one .45 anyway whatever... just show me a a pair of missions sessions video recorded with YoU solo FBW, I am not your judge and maybe I may learn something from you instead, who knows, I may help you after with a pair of advice how to use it, in relativily no time you will get so good to use it you may kill 2 people alone with one mag as a lot of people already do.. something you can never do with a Colby .45

19 hours ago, BlatMan said:

Thing is, I don't think the .45 needed a nerf. I think the other pistols needed tweaking to make them worth using.

SUUPER AGREED with this above.. the secondaries are so messed up business and the are several useless ones need a rework with their stats.. 

Generally, secondary weapons aren’t suppose to dominate primary CQC  weapons, and  with Colby 45 that's not the case a skilled player with .45  can compete against an opponent with CQC specialized weapon, but 8-9/10 if your opponent is using an OCA/PMG/ Oscar, decent Assault rifle etc shall shreed to oblivion anyone with a secondaries until 25m quite easy.

If if you outgunned blame because you got ambushed  or blame your low skill (or PC/lag whatever).

19 hours ago, BlatMan said:

They could have reduced the FBW's bloom or gave it a little more over damage, rather than nerf it's competitors.

There is a little trick quite trivial at end, but changed for me and a lot of people for managing the bloom of the FBW.

• Around the 3/4 shots switching right/left with view side button of the weapon or just crouching a millisecond-moment one time or two also while walk shotting right and left, I assure you he bloom of the FBW get reset and you will note the results. A lot of vets or players dont know it, they just do it in automatic by muscle memory/ habit, but it's true XD

With little practice it become automatic.. TRY IT! 😂

Edited by PingOVER9000
FBW, the dear italian berreta, it's wonders at your feet and It's free, learn to used it

2 hours ago, PingOVER9000 said:

Popularity, especially alone,  doesnt increase or lower the worth of the wonders at your feet.. the contrary most of the times it blinds people of what it's really worthed to be treasured.

That's a good point but it's just the meta pistol and overall better than FBW. (of course if you will fight 1v1 the colby 45 with FBW but if you will fight some bronze or silver guys with FBW, maybe you can handle it, but I'm talking about the equal situations in terms of skill and pushing the weapons to their limits) I had a free trial of colby 45 and for me it was easier to play with it comparing to FBW.

I am not defending anything, I am just ascerting the facts from my experience and you avoiding to confirm me if yes/No you have a .45.. whatever

I didn't buy this pistol but tested a little bit for 6 hours or so.

@Divait it seems you havent one .45 anyway whatever... just show me a a pair of missions sessions video recorded with YoU solo FBW, I am not your judge and maybe I may learn something from you instead, who knows, I may help you after with a pair of advice how to use it, in relativily no time you will get so good to use it you may kill 2 people alone with one mag as a lot of people already do.. something you can never do with a Colby .45

I'm not into this stuff but we can play together if you want to.

• Around the 3/4 shots switching right/left with view side button of the weapon or just crouching a millisecond-moment one time or two also while walk shotting right and left, I assure you he bloom of the FBW get reset and you will note the results. A lot of vets or players dont know it, they just do it in automatic by muscle memory/ habit, but it's true XD

Well, that's good to know, will try this out, cheers.

if you are interested and want to improving, test yourself with this challenge  with this loadout below:

1. - Get a Oscar and slot it with IR3 and HIgh magnification scope (last slot whatever you like ) + Secondary whatever you like, but we were talking about FBW so why not keeping testing with it? XD
  2. - Use this loadout and play with only it for at least a pair of weeks, train yourself firing and killing more possible without a crosshair.
  • SelfBreak n*1: You can sometimes use PMG, OCA, JG in case you feel tired of tapfiring/ spamming with the mouse wheel bla bla, but remind always of slotting High magnifcation scope.
  • SelfBreak n*2: OFC if you retain your opponent is 20+m or quite far, OFC you can go in markmanship mode

- The goal is: make 15+ kills for at least 3 missions serie consequently with Oscar.. you may continue repeat this series of 3  until "you feel sort of confident "

The hidden goal or result, it's arriving at one point you sort of bypass that needing of looking always the crosshair when aiming, especially in CQC,  you way of playing will be sort of auto or INSTICT aim I assure you after this fun experience your reaction will be a lot faster than before and you feel time by time you have improved quite significantly than before this challenge, not only apb but FPS in third person in generally

A sample video below of what I mean 

Note for Oscar from contacts:

OSCAR NFCP 2

https://apbdb.com/items/Weapon_Rifle_Oscar_Slot2

Unlock in game: Birth at contact level 14.

Ernst 'Mule' Templeton at contact level 14.

16 hours ago, Divait said:

Well, that's good to know, will try this out, cheers.

Let me know if I am wrong or you note something at the end of the challenge above.. ofc if you dare to keep it 😂

Have fun 

3 hours ago, PingOVER9000 said:

if you are interested and want to improving, test yourself with this challenge  with this loadout below:

1. - Get a Oscar and slot it with IR3 and HIgh magnification scope (last slot whatever you like ) + Secondary whatever you like, but we were talking about FBW so why not keeping testing with it? XD
  2. - Use this loadout and play with only it for at least a pair of weeks, train yourself firing and killing more possible without a crosshair.
  • SelfBreak n*1: You can sometimes use PMG, OCA, JG in case you feel tired of tapfiring/ spamming with the mouse wheel bla bla, but remind always of slotting High magnifcation scope.
  • SelfBreak n*2: OFC if you retain your opponent is 20+m or quite far, OFC you can go in markmanship mode

- The goal is: make 15+ kills for at least 3 missions serie consequently with Oscar.. you may continue repeat this series of 3  until "you feel sort of confident "

The hidden goal or result, it's arriving at one point you sort of bypass that needing of looking always the crosshair when aiming, especially in CQC,  you way of playing will be sort of auto or INSTICT aim I assure you after this fun experience your reaction will be a lot faster than before and you feel time by time you have improved quite significantly than before this challenge, not only apb but FPS in third person in generally

A sample video below of what I mean 

Note for Oscar from contacts:

OSCAR NFCP 2

https://apbdb.com/items/Weapon_Rifle_Oscar_Slot2

Unlock in game: Birth at contact level 14.

Ernst 'Mule' Templeton at contact level 14.

Let me know if I am wrong or you note something at the end of the challenge above.. ofc if you dare to keep it 😂

Have fun 

When I will get rank 195 - I will do it, I can even promise but I'm not sure what day it will be. I play as an enforcer too by the way so for making challenge proofable - we should play together since I'm not into recording stuff as I said before.

P.S. Oh shit, I forgot to ask you on which server are you playing?

Edited by Divait

I prefer old tommy gun with high mag scope and muzzle break.

Switching shoulders doesn't remove bloom. It's a placebo because you shoot slower focusing on switching and crouching.

Edited by BlatMan

On 5/18/2023 at 5:35 AM, BlatMan said:

Switching shoulders doesn't remove bloom. It's a placebo because you shoot slower focusing on switching and crouching.

it does and if I may add,I noted the resetting bloom is a lot of faster  and work better with weapons with low accuracy drops while moving.

Depending from the weapon, crouching you also get better accuracy modifier,  with Fbw the speech is valid.

In case you have still some doubts or dont understand about The placebo you call, in syntesis just try moving/ disorienting a little while firing engaging opponents, with fbw, try fire burst of 3/4 shorts per time or one round of mousewheel, not going full auto except close or opponent busy with fbw.. otherwise do as you like or usual you seems play.. pratically standing still + full macro & / or  quickswitching,

Merged.

On 5/17/2023 at 7:10 PM, Divait said:

When I will get rank 195 - I will do it, I can even promise but I'm not sure what day it will be. I play as an enforcer too by the way so for making challenge proofable - we should play together since I'm not into recording stuff as I said before.

P.S. Oh shit, I forgot to ask you on which server are you playing?

EU. if you need other help or something let's talk PM

Edited by PingOVER9000
  • Thanks 1

On 5/14/2023 at 7:32 PM, PingOVER9000 said:

So, I played a bit with FBW and yeah, I was capable to kill people who even had colby 45 but you know - still feels like that the TTK of colby 45 should be somewhere in 1 second exact. 0.8 of the seconds makes the colby 45 too powerful, (in my humble opinion) so Little Orbit should make it slower or 6 shots to kill like FBW has. With that being said - the colby 45 still will be better than FBW but only because it's a pistol of the JT currency.

P.S. Or in opposite way they can make FBW faster (without nerfing the colby 45) with TTK of 1 second exact or 1 to 1.1 somewhere. (1.05 for example)

Merged.

On 5/18/2023 at 8:10 PM, PingOVER9000 said:

it does and if I may add,I noted the resetting bloom is a lot of faster  and work better with weapons with low accuracy drops while moving.

Depending from the weapon, crouching you also get better accuracy modifier,  with Fbw the speech is valid.

In case you have still some doubts or dont understand about The placebo you call, in syntesis just try moving/ disorienting a little while firing engaging opponents, with fbw, try fire burst of 3/4 shorts per time or one round of mousewheel, not going full auto except close or opponent busy with fbw.. otherwise do as you like or usual you seems play.. pratically standing still + full macro & / or  quickswitching,

I don't know really, it also could be because of the weapon's recovery delay maybe? (because when you switch the camera position of your character - you stop shooting for a second or so)

Edited by Divait

10 hours ago, PingOVER9000 said:

"fire burst"

Why? You just said switching shoulders resets the bloom.

2 hours ago, BlatMan said:

"fire burst"

Why? You just said switching shoulders resets the bloom.

Yes it does.

that's what I observerved during my experience for how using pretty well a FBW, I have nothing to add to what I wrote until now,  we have plenty talk about it... Then in case if you just want start separating a pair words from the speech and twisting in your way, it's a matter of yours, I am just sharing with you/others what I understood from myself.

I understand and maybe I am not good enough or it's difficult at least for me explain and you understanding the speech, I will try make a video evidencing better in practise what I mean.

On 5/18/2023 at 2:10 PM, PingOVER9000 said:

14 hours ago, PingOVER9000 said:

Yes it does.

that's what I observerved during my experience for how using pretty well a FBW, I have nothing to add to what I wrote until now,  we have plenty talk about it... Then in case if you just want start separating a pair words from the speech and twisting in your way, it's a matter of yours, I am just sharing with you/others what I understood from myself.

I understand and maybe I am not good enough or it's difficult at least for me explain and you understanding the speech, I will try make a video evidencing better in practise what I mean.

I'll quote the whole thing since you're suffering from dementia. I changed the color so you can see exactly what you wrote.

Again. Why do I need to fire burst of 3/4 shots if the bloom is going to be reset when I switch shoulders?

On 5/18/2023 at 2:58 PM, Divait said:

I don't know really, it also could be because of the weapon's recovery delay maybe? (because when you switch the camera position of your character - you stop shooting for a second or so)

https://apbdb.com/items/Weapon_Pistol_FBW

The FBW has a recovery delay of 0.1s. It has a recovery per second of 1, or 0.2. It has a fire rate of 0.2.

If switching shoulders reset the recovery delay, it would not have any bloom if timed perfectly. There is no difference. I can switch shoulders within 20ms. It should affect it somewhat but there's no change. It doesn't hurt to test though, never know what stupid bug will be introduced between patches.

On 5/20/2023 at 4:01 AM, BlatMan said:

I'll quote the whole thing since you're suffering from dementia . I changed the color so you can see exactly what you wrote.                                                         😂

Again. Why do I need to fire burst of 3/4 shots if the bloom is going to be reset when I switch shoulders?

Because otherwise has no sense behaving differently 😂Ofc Unless you have are using aimlocks or being very extremely close (less than 5 m) to your opponent and using a macro for going full fire, which about at the last one with your silence you are not denying of not using it actually 

Switching shoulder will switch also your crosshair or aim and you have adjust that first of all before firing, you generally will only waste precious bullet going full-auto during the switch.

On 5/16/2023 at 8:16 PM, PingOVER9000 said:
On 5/16/2023 at 12:29 AM, BlatMan said:

They could have reduced the FBW's bloom or gave it a little more over damage, rather than nerf it's competitors.

There is a little trick quite trivial at end, but changed for me and a lot of people for managing the bloom of the FBW.

On 5/18/2023 at 8:10 PM, PingOVER9000 said:

Above what I wrote until now, which some parts you forgot to read probabily, whatever,  as I told before I dont know what to add more about my personal view about using an FBW, except making a video as I told..

Merged.

On 5/20/2023 at 4:01 AM, BlatMan said:

The FBW has a recovery delay of 0.1s. It has a recovery per second of 1, or 0.2. It has a fire rate of 0.2.

I guess reasoning with numbers or mathematics it's not your Forte, seeing the faltering/ confusion above and anyway... I dont think need calling a  physician, for telling a human body doesnt handle in automatc  and it can never perfectly manage this accuracy drop per bullet consequently also distort from lag/ perceptible or not fps shuts, except using aim-locks/assist, that's why I suggested while using an FBW firing a burst of bullets until weapon has still a decent accuracy and let footwork by switching sides/ crouching closing for well the circle on how using the Fbw, from my weak opinion of course.

in APB reloaded the way of using secondaries is a decent mix of aim/ footwork play aka the placebo you called, not a standing still madonna,  seeing your joining date I guessed I didnt have to remark about it, but really I guess it's weird you have difficulty to not see people or understand how people play, but well I guess in the same range matter some people are still self-centered after the baby period and play despite an latency of 200ms... right Blat?... but Who I am for judging someone between the border of passions and wackos stupidity? 

Bye

Edited by PingOVER9000

So switching shoulders and crouching does not affect the bloom. You need to shoot slower. You've moved the goal post so far it's on the other side of the field.