TheProfit

MattScott - Windows Security Features That Can Help Combat Against Cheaters

I am aware the development team is very small and because I love this game I'd like to send some tips or awareness to the team that might help the fight against cheaters. This is just a extra layer of security FYI. From this video I watched, I am led to believe that Battleye doesn't require these windows security features to be enabled and if they were enabled then it could potentially prevent high percentage amount of cheaters. If a Anti-Cheat rep is suggesting these tips then why not take a look. Let me know what you guys think.

Windows Security Features:

-SecureBoot UEFI, not Legacy.

-TPM 2.0

-HVCI

-Preboot iommu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdyHnvZyQYo

From 5:18 onwards.

Edited by TheProfit
  • Like 1

2023 Roadmap already has plans to switch back to Easy AntiCheat with additional server side FairFight anti cheat.

8 minutes ago, Sergsininia said:

2023 Roadmap already has plans to switch back to Easy AntiCheat with additional server side FairFight anti cheat.

I'm very sceptical about this.

None of my hardware supports that crap, and cheaters will get around it. You'll only prevent legitimate users from playing.

Edited by BlatMan

4 hours ago, xHenryman90x said:

I'm very sceptical about this.

It provides analytics about player behavior and performance, which is useful for manual review of accounts (either before a potential action, or during an appeal process).

Whether LO will use it for this purpose, remains to be seen. Considering FF's history with this title (may Tiggs rot in hell for eternity), I'm also concerned about it.

8 hours ago, Hexerin said:

It provides analytics about player behavior and performance, which is useful for manual review of accounts (either before a potential action, or during an appeal process).

Whether LO will use it for this purpose, remains to be seen. Considering FF's history with this title (may Tiggs rot in hell for eternity), I'm also concerned about it.

Thing is they can't even detect blatant cheaters with the current tools for UE3. Support can't even tell the difference between hip firing a DMR with and without recoil. I doubt they will be capable of properly configuring Fairfight. The default rules most likely won't work for APB due to the 3rd person camera and various ways to mark a player's location. There's also too many bugs that will look like a cheat. For example, the car glitch when a character gets stuck to the vehicle on other players clients. Fairfight can detect that as a silent aim hack, since you're not aiming towards the player's real location.

Edited by BlatMan