Eyepop

New Gun: Dual-Mode Shotgun

I was giving the Yukon some thought, how it has a different fire mode for marksman vs hip shooting, and happened upon an idea for a new weapon.  I think we have the tech for this: could we get this weapon?

ksg25-right.png

It's a long-barrel Kel-tec KSG, a bullpup shotgun that hold 20 + 1 shells.  The more-interesting part, though, is that it has two chambers of ammunition, which can be switched.  So one could have shot, and the other could have slugs...

Maybe you see where I'm going with this.  I think it would be cool to have a weapon that fires like a shotgun in hip fire, and like a rifle in marksman mode.  Even cooler if they had separate ammo capacities!

Proposed stats:

Hip mode:

TTK: .9 sec

Shots to kill: 3

Health Damage: 20x20

Hard Damage: 6x20

Fire Interval: .45 sec

Dropoff Range: 20m

Min Dropoff Range: 20m

Magazine capacity: 10

Spread at 10 meters: 100 cm

Marksman mode:

Health Damage: 400

Hard Damage: 60

Dropoff Range: 50m

Min Dropoff Range: 60m

Spread at 10 meters: 18 cm

Marksman modifier: .5

Edited by Eyepop
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Eyepop said:

I was giving the Yukon some thought, how it has a different fire mode for marksman vs hip shooting, and happened upon an idea for a new weapon.  I think we have the tech for this: could we get this weapon?

ksg25-right.png

It's a long-barrel Kel-tec KSG, a bullpup shotgun that hold 20 + 1 shells.  The more-interesting part, though, is that it has two chambers of ammunition, which can be switched.  So one could have shot, and the other could have slugs...

Maybe you see where I'm going with this.  I think it would be cool to have a weapon that fires like a shotgun in hip fire, and like a rifle in marksman mode.  Even cooler if they had separate ammo capacities!

Proposed stats:

Hip mode:

Marksman mode:

Hard Damage: 60

Well... We already have thumper. But another Shotgun that can be used in markmanship will be great.

2 hours ago, TheFreelancer said:

Interesting concept needs to be worked out well cuz of potentially becoming the META instantly

True. Hey, and thanks for listing my Suggestion for the old login menu in your Suggestion WoF. :v

Marksman mode:

Hard Damage: 60 // Too much seeing that range.

I think that range + hard damage would make Alig useless. It's like having 3 weapons in 1, Shotgun, A very OP Obeya + Alig.

Not claiming that these numbers are exactly balanced (especially given that so much is hidden behind range curves on APB:Db, making it hard to compare weapons), but the NTEC has 132 hard damage per sec at the same range, vs 133 with this weapon.  And this weapon wouldn't be usable from windows.

So unless NTECs have made the ALIG useless (which one could possibly argue), this would not do so.  The ALIG has 413 hard damage per second up to 70m.

Relative to the Obeya, you're looking at 3 shots vs 5, but with a longer TTK and worse range even than an NTEC.  This weapon would definitely not be trading punches where an Obeya is best-suited, as the 3 shots become 10 above 60m ranges.  And for car-destroying purposes, the Obeya has 175 hard damage per sec at longer ranges...

Edited by Eyepop

13 minutes ago, Eyepop said:

Not claiming that these numbers are exactly balanced (especially given that so much is hidden behind range curves on APB:Db, making it hard to compare weapons), but the NTEC has 132 hard damage per sec at the same range, vs 133 with this weapon.  And this weapon wouldn't be usable from windows.

So unless NTECs have made the ALIG useless (which one could possibly argue), this would not do so.  The ALIG has 413 hard damage per second up to 70m.

Relative to the Obeya, you're looking at 3 shots vs 5, but with a longer TTK and worse range even than an NTEC.  This weapon would definitely not be trading punches where an Obeya is best-suited, as the 3 shots become 10 above 60m ranges.  And for car-destroying purposes, the Obeya has 175 hard damage per sec at longer ranges...

I though Alig had 74.25 hard damage, as it says in Armas Marketplace 

Damage Per Shot (%) 22.5%

Time to Kill (s) 0.72

Hard Damage 74.25

Fire Rate (r/s) 5.55

Edited by TheKeanuReeves
Grammar

Yeah, that's per shot.  The ALIG fires 2.5 times every .45 seconds, versus this proposed weapon's 1 shot.  So for every 60 hard damage this weapon deals, the ALIG deals 185.625.

Edited by Eyepop

Might be a cool weapon, but it seems like it would only be used for marksman mode with those stats. 20x20 is a joke for a pump shotgun. Although, it's not as powerful as say JG/CSG and Fang, but it would allow you to use a Flare gun and not be gimped for long range. So that would be cool at least.

On 6/28/2018 at 1:59 AM, Eyepop said:

ksg25-right.png

Proposed stats:

Hip mode:

Marksman mode: