Sign in to follow this  
AthenaX1

High Skilled Competitive Weapon Balancing Suggestions

But that takes away from the role the sniper is meant to play. If you make it more effective close up, then you're just making it more versatile. This, in my opinion would be a bad change.

Ideally, when you take a sniper, you're fulfilling the role of long range support. Your weakness is when people close the distance on you.

That weakness, with the HVR however, doesn't really exist due to various reasons. If you made certain snipers have a faster RoF and thus more versatile, you take away from the team play aspect, since you can handle more fights by yourself.

I hope they consider making snipers a little slower, if anything (not RoF or equip speed, but you have to be stationary for longer to get the gun gain accuracy and thus land a shot), to ensure that you play that role and realise where your weaknesses are, so you can coordinate with your team more effectively without losing your potency.

Of course, other weapons will need to be adjusted as well to compensate, but you get the idea.

Edited by Kempington
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, AthenaX1 said:

What I mean by this is that you have weapons like n tec 5 hitting targets at very long ranges with modifications and performing sniping tasks better then weapons specifically designed to do that very task. Anubis at the moment for example has damage drop off at 80m. n tec 5 if i recall has min damage drop off 60 or 65m.  It does max damage at 50m with Improved rifling 3 itd make the weapon go to 57m. Damage drop off doesnt happen all at once so your effectly extending the range to about  65m for sure. With the higher rate of fire making it less noticeable and almost instantly replacing the damage lost. Your talking about a fully automatic sniper rifle sniper rifle that could possibly kill at 70m in the right hands. Itd also have more uses rendering certain snipers completely useless.

Ntec is 6stk to kill up to 50m.

By 70m its 18stk.

8 hours ago, Kempington said:

But that takes away from the role the sniper is meant to play. If you make it more effective close up, then you're just making it more versatile. This, in my opinion would be a bad change.

Ideally, when you take a sniper, you're fulfilling the role of long range support. Your weakness is when people close the distance on you.

That weakness, with the HVR however, doesn't really exist due to various reasons. If you made certain snipers have a faster RoF and thus more versatile, you take away from the team play aspect, since you can handle more fights by yourself.

I hope they consider making snipers a little slower, if anything (not RoF or equip speed, but you have to be stationary for longer to get the gun gain accuracy and thus land a shot), to ensure that you play that role and realise where your weaknesses are, so you can coordinate with your team more effectively without losing your potency.

Of course, other weapons will need to be adjusted as well to compensate, but you get the idea.

Sniper rifles due to thier power are effective at all ranges. Its just skill required to use them when up close due to the poor rate of fire which is why I meantion only some sniper rifles. The weapon is usually used as a support weapon but is a weapon none the less. The rate of fire wouldnt be a major increase either. Theres different types of sniper rifles for different types of situations. There are even automatic sniper rifles in existance today. But to slow the rate of fire on a sniper rifle that already kills at about 1.70 which is HVR isnt appropriate. To do so is to take away from its support capabilities. Youd be asking them to make the weapon useless. The sniper would no longer be rewarded for sniping if he cant kill anything. Team members arent always going to be around to finish opponents off. To be able to kill is also apart of support. HVR is already nearing 2sec in TTK and when in a fight 2sec is life or death in majority of the cases for either you or your teammate. Youd be hindering anyone for using a sniper rifle. Youd need a sniper rifle that would one shot kills at this point and I doubt anyone wants that. A missed shot up close or long range already causes death with HVR for either you or the team member youre supporting. 1.7 even with Cooling jacket takes it over 3sec before another round can go out. Youre not supporting anyone if you were to increase this any farther.

8 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Ntec is 6stk to kill up to 50m.

By 70m its 18stk.

N tec has over damage increasing its effective range past its drop off before actually having an impact. Then you stack improve rifling on top of that with its rate of fire and you could definitely kill someone nearing 70m. Its Putting out 6 bullets every .70 seconds. If you double that itd be 12 at 1.40. If you were to tripple it youd be putting out 18 bullets in 2 seconds. At 70m'ish you cant full auto but you still fire rounds pretty fast compared to 3 shot sniper rifles. Im guessing itd take maybe 10 to 11 rounds at that range. With a steady hand you could effectively still kill before a 3 shot sniper rifle. at 1.53.

Edited by AthenaX1

6 minutes ago, AthenaX1 said:

N tec has over damage increasing its effective range past its drop off before actually having an impact.

Overdamage or not, still 6stk / 18stk.