Yhcrana

A How To Guide: Fix Matchmaking

the current matchmaking is honestly a joke, always has been in my opinion...but, that being said here are a few things that should be done in order to make the game better for everyone:

-have matches based off of ones RANK instead of THREAT LEVEL (due to the folks that dethreat when they hit max rank/high rank)

-lock* bronzes/greens to their own server, silvers to their own server, and golds to their own server (so threat becomes balanced)

*if they so choose, there should be a server that mixes everything into one (much like what we have now)

-Ainrialach

Uhhhhh...

Lost count how many times I've said this. Locking threats is what started dethreating.

Also on APB you can create more then 1 character, Max rank players can make more characters and just by pass the rank based threat system

A player's true threat really needs to factor in hours spent in action/fight club districts, K/D ratio, and each game's performance percentage wise in missions.

• Like 1

Rank is not an indicator of skill. It is an indicator of time played and progression on that character alone.

• Like 1

On 6/26/2018 at 3:24 PM, VickyFox said:

Uhhhhh...

Lost count how many times I've said this. Locking threats is what started dethreating.

Also on APB you can create more then 1 character, Max rank players can make more characters and just by pass the rank based threat system

A player's true threat really needs to factor in hours spent in action/fight club districts, K/D ratio, and each game's performance percentage wise in missions.

Again I hate to agree with VickyFox, but I am here.... I've lost count my damn self of how many proposals on the subject of locked districts...... now I have a new idea.... let's make the match maker on BRONZE DISTRICT a pay 2 play district.... if your not Green/Bronze threat level, you need to pay $100,000 in-game currency every 4 hours just to play there...while there you will receive only 100 pts and cash per mission  you do, no matter how much you do... even if you get 30 kills... your over all score will be 100 pts and $100 cash...

Is this mean?? Fu  CK  yea it is...

• Like 1

21 hours ago, cyral said:

Again I hate to agree with VickyFox, but I am here.... I've lost count my damn self of how many proposals on the subject of locked districts...... now I have a new idea.... let's make the match maker on BRONZE DISTRICT a pay 2 play district.... if your not Green/Bronze threat level, you need to pay $100,000 in-game currency every 4 hours just to play there...while there you will receive only 100 pts and cash per mission  you do, no matter how much you do... even if you get 30 kills... your over all score will be 100 pts and $100 cash...

Is this mean?? Fu  CK  yea it is...

Is it fair to say we're all getting tired of arguing and repeating ourselves? 

A financial deterrent is not a bad idea but 100k is a bit too steep, I'd say 60k. Not a fan of the idea of financial deterrent but it would work, but as always the usual comment from me: This is not a fix to a broken match making system.

Controversial but I think the matchmaking system is, by itself, actually good (as it is now). The problem that most people don't recognize is that it's a POPULATION issue not a system issue.

Example: A full district is 80 people (40 E / 40 C), when you queue up you have to get lucky because at least half of those 40 (enemy faction) people are going to be already in a mission. So that leaves us with 20 potential people to get matched against. Out of those 20 people several are going to be in groups with their friends, so the system is trying to 'puzzle piece' all these people together as best it can.

There are only 2 real solutions to fix this:

(A) Increase the district pops -- This used to be 100 players (50 E / 50 C) but over the years has been reduced to the 80 we see today. 100 would help but only marginally and anything beyond that range would make for a bit of crowding given the district size (map).

(B) Come up with some sort of 'phasing' system like World of Warcraft has. No more segregated districts, just plain 'ol Financial / Waterfront. Anyone can be in any district instance but the queue will match people across all instances and phase them into a specific one seamlessly.

Edited by Triksterism