Sign in to follow this  
Yapopal

The fifth level of threat as a replacement for anti-cheat. And also as a tool for regulating the balance of teams.

How about making the fifth level of threat work as an anti-cheat? The number of murders and deaths is estimated. If the player seems suspicious, they are temporarily assigned the fifth level of threat, say, for 4 minutes (the time of the passage of the mission stage). The fifth level of threat does not disappear even after death. The fifth level of danger disappears if the number of kills and deaths falls below a certain threshold.

• Like 2

Sounds like a nice goal/achievement for cheaters to reach and gives them incentive to cheat with no positive to the greater community.

• Like 1

Fraudsters do not have a positive attitude towards society. That is why they are called scammers. The option I proposed does not require much effort to implement. The game is in the state of a living corpse. Therefore, the introduction of a new one that can help will not cause a negative reaction.

Merged.

I see that new players appear in the game, but the population decreases. This is due to cheaters and a huge imbalance in the skills of opponents. Anti-cheat does not work, the selection system does not work due to a small population. All this looks like a swamp.
In my opinion, my option will be beneficial to everyone. Fraudsters will get a hardcore mode. The imbalance of the team is compensated. Experienced players will not be bored, and beginners will get a chance to complete the task. A bunch of pluses.

Fraudsters with the fifth level of threat can block the completion of missions for third-party players. To prevent this from happening, third-party players must themselves agree to fight with the fifth level. It should be the same as in the case of robberies. After the death of a side player, a menu appears on the death screen with a choice of whether they are ready to continue fighting or prefer to do their own thing.

Edited by Yapopal
  • Like 1

Okay let me explain this simpler with a little scenario.

I am a cheater that ruins the game.

I get rewarded by being the highest threat level for ruining the game.

Everyone gets to know I'm a cheater ruining the game.

I keep ruining the game because I now have even more incentive to do so.

Meanwhile all the legit players get no positive outcome from it this.

3 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Okay let me explain this simpler with a little scenario.

I am a cheater that ruins the game.

I get rewarded by being the highest threat level for ruining the game.

Everyone gets to know I'm a cheater ruining the game.

I keep ruining the game because I now have even more incentive to do so.

Meanwhile all the legit players get no positive outcome from it this.

The highest level of threat does not provide significant benefits. What is the purpose of seeking it?

The cheater will ruin the game anyway. He is doing it now. An honest player will receive 500 bucks for each kill of a cheater. The cheater will be distracted from the main mission, thereby giving the enemy a chance.

Edited by Yapopal

47 minutes ago, Yapopal said:

The highest level of threat does not provide significant benefits. What is the purpose of seeking it?

The cheater will ruin the game anyway. He is doing it now. An honest player will receive 500 bucks for each kill of a cheater. The cheater will be distracted from the main mission, thereby giving the enemy a chance.

The benefit is a social one. One of social reward/achievement to them that is ALSO publicly shown. It is giving them a way to boast about their cheating.

And you're also distracting actual players. The only one that gets anything of true value is the cheater.

6 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

The benefit is a social one. One of social reward/achievement to them that is ALSO publicly shown. It is giving them a way to boast about their cheating.

And you're also distracting actual players. The only one that gets anything of true value is the cheater.

You're talking about distracting other players. But the player is free to choose what to do. The fight will start only after he agrees to it. If the player really has something to do, he will not pay attention to the cheater. If the player maintains a threat level of 5 at all times, then they are either a cheater or too skilled for this copy of the district. In this case, it must be warned and then kicked out, limiting entry into the copy for some time.

Merged.

You can find a lot of excuses, but I think that now is the time to change something in this part of the game, because there is nowhere to go below. Updating the engine version will not fix the situation. Anti-cheat will not fix the situation due to weapon bugs that allow you to shoot bursts from a fucking pistol.

Cheaters and skilled players will brag about the new cool higher threat icon on their head. Dethreaters will know to lower their kill count to prevent gaining too much threat. Griefers and kids with severe ADHD will ram into your vehicle because you have shiny icon on your head. The disabled players won't stop calling normal players cheaters.

And how does this stop cheaters if they're allowed to continue playing?

Edited by BlatMan

11 hours ago, BlatMan said:

Cheaters and skilled players will brag about the new cool higher threat icon on their head. Dethreaters will know to lower their kill count to prevent gaining too much threat. Griefers and kids with severe ADHD will ram into your vehicle because you have shiny icon on your head. The disabled players won't stop calling normal players cheaters.

And how does this stop cheaters if they're allowed to continue playing?

Fraudsters and experienced players will not have to brag about this badge for long. They are kicked out of the district. The number of kills in the mission will decrease due to third-party players. Children with severe ADHD will finally be of some use. Noobs will stop calling experienced players cheaters because experienced players will be in a different area.

Merged.

Two people have replied to this thread. Both wrote that my proposal would not help change the situation, but only aggravate it.
I don't understand why you think so. The situation in the game is worse than ever. Whether my suggestion will help or not will be shown by practical implementation.

On 11/2/2022 at 6:47 PM, Yapopal said:

How about making the fifth level of threat work as an anti-cheat? The number of murders and deaths is estimated. If the player seems suspicious, they are temporarily assigned the fifth level of threat, say, for 4 minutes (the time of the passage of the mission stage). The fifth level of threat does not disappear even after death. The fifth level of danger disappears if the number of kills and deaths falls below a certain threshold.

This is exactly the reason company removed P5/N5 (5star).

Too many cheaters, griefers,blatants and closet were complaining about their fake mission with fake legit skills """Ruined""" by a mass of legit player with Highest right to compete all vs 1.
 Restoring justice for any legit player with the bad luck to meet scum cheating in mission was not cheat-friendly, so they removed once for all.

No fun allowed. 

3 hours ago, Yapopal said:

I don't understand why you think so. The situation in the game is worse than ever. Whether my suggestion will help or not will be shown by practical implementation.

LO already struggles to do anything, let's not bog them down with more useless stuff.

8 hours ago, Yapopal said:

Fraudsters and experienced players will not have to brag about this badge for long. They are kicked out of the district. The number of kills in the mission will decrease due to third-party players. Children with severe ADHD will finally be of some use. Noobs will stop calling experienced players cheaters because experienced players will be in a different area.

Merged.

Two people have replied to this thread. Both wrote that my proposal would not help change the situation, but only aggravate it.

You're suggesting that we punish players for playing good in a competitive game. If you don't see a problem with that you seriously need psychological help.

4 hours ago, BlatMan said:

You're suggesting that we punish players for playing good in a competitive game. If you don't see a problem with that you seriously need psychological help.

Exactly the opposite.

If they are good should not be a problem break for bit and allow poorest to have some kind of fun and some score more.

Is interesting how for lower skill player the 5star is a proud, but for the "good goldies " is like some kind of insult .

Oh, and while waiting a mission, Apb is maybe the most boring mmo on earth .

Hunting p5n5 was something nice to do.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, BlatMan said:

The fifth level of danger will be given to the player only if the enemy team is clearly inferior in strength. If the teams are clearly not rivals to each other, then what kind of competition can we talk about? Players are just waiting for this boring mission to end.

Merged.

22 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

LO already struggles to do anything, let's not bog them down with more useless stuff.

You call useless something that can help solve the main problem of the game. Hopefully the developers will release a patch soon. But the patch will not solve the problem because it is aimed at improving the performance of the game. The patch will not solve the problem of matchmaking.

• Like 1

How about you just state everything you want changed instead of back pedaling every time someone points out a flaw?

Why not make suspicious people with certain statistics like a ridiculous amount of kills get permanetly put in a new rank and server (and it does not have to be "higher or brag worthy" rank/server...besides they can only brag to eachother in that server).   If they are stuck there they wont scare away new and old people.  If they reroll they still wont want to hack or hack much as they wont want to reach that rank/server.  This will acumulate more players and weaker guns can then start to be used again as its always the same top guns people use which is BORING. (ntec, carbine, snipers, etc.)  Then other guns in the armas store may be purchased more often as they may feel better again so they will do good business wise.  If this rank/server is in the back of everyones mind people will calm down a little and maybe make a better environment too...less toxic.  Its a win/win and you wont see Gold's destroying Gold's 6 kills to 30 kills in matches and say no i'm not hacking and saying the same stupid stuff in 2023 like ggezyourtrash so much.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Risensoul said:

Why not make suspicious people with certain statistics like a ridiculous amount of kills get permanetly put in a new rank and server (and it does not have to be "higher or brag worthy" rank/server...besides they can only brag to eachother in that server).   If they are stuck there they wont scare away new and old people.  If they reroll they still wont want to hack or hack much as they wont want to reach that rank/server.  This will acumulate more players and weaker guns can then start to be used again as its always the same top guns people use which is BORING. (ntec, carbine, snipers, etc.)  Then other guns in the armas store may be purchased more often as they may feel better again so they will do good business wise.  If this rank/server is in the back of everyones mind people will calm down a little and maybe make a better environment too...less toxic.  Its a win/win and you wont see Gold's destroying Gold's 6 kills to 30 kills in matches and say no i'm not hacking and saying the same stupid stuff in 2023 like ggezyourtrash so much.

Ah yes. Punish people for using the guns they want to use.

Its not about the guns, its the mods, macros's, hacks and using mostly those same more powerful guns with them so no one has a chance.  i've been killed by a stubby pistol with one shot...the worst gun in the game.  Just need some balance by having that separate district/s for them if thats how they want to play.

11 hours ago, Risensoul said:

Its not about the guns, its the mods, macros's, hacks and using mostly those same more powerful guns with them so no one has a chance.  i've been killed by a stubby pistol with one shot...the worst gun in the game.  Just need some balance by having that separate district/s for them if thats how they want to play.

Snub nose cannot one shot.

On 11/13/2022 at 11:44 AM, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Snub nose cannot one shot.

You're right. But that's how it often happens.
All hits are counted at the same time. The victim does not have time to make decisions. This is due to some kind of prolong with the server or the game. The problem becomes much more serious if you use a mouse with a macro or inertial wheel.

4 hours ago, Yapopal said:

You're right. But that's how it often happens.
All hits are counted at the same time. The victim does not have time to make decisions. This is due to some kind of prolong with the server or the game. The problem becomes much more serious if you use a mouse with a macro or inertial wheel.

Wtf are you talking about.

On 11/15/2022 at 4:24 PM, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Wtf are you talking about.

I wrote about the fact that the character dies first, and then the enemy starts shooting. I don't know exactly why this is happening. The reason may be in the server, in the internet connection, in bad code, in my PC. The problem is exacerbated if the enemy shoots quickly. What is not clear?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yapopal said:

I wrote about the fact that the character dies first, and then the enemy starts shooting. I don't know exactly why this is happening. The reason may be in the server, in the internet connection, in bad code, in my PC. The problem is exacerbated if the enemy shoots quickly. What is not clear?

That's your internet then. I never get that issue, and most don't.

2 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

That's your internet then. I never get that issue, and most don't.

Why do you think players leave the game? Why are you saying that most of the community does not experience the problems described above? Active players make up a small part of the community. The ones you know are a small part of an active community. They are not the majority.
Maybe my internet connection is not the best. But this is enough to play any online shooters except APB. Sometimes APB is reminiscent of the homemade SAMP I played 15 years ago.

Edited by Yapopal
  • Like 1

On 11/3/2022 at 9:39 AM, NotZombieBiscuit said:

doesnt have to be shown. can be a hidden flag. they do this in GTA online and it puts all the problematic players with other problematic players.

threat level already works kinda like this. if you are super super high gold with many missions under yourbelt and your threat stays super high and cannot fluctuate normally, you will usually have imbalanced matches or not get op at a normal pace. 

so now if the system could flag a possible cheater, maybe just make it so that they cannot get op or matches and have them just waiting there with no opposition.... till another guy with same flag can op vs them. normal players wont ever have to face them ever. 

for this to work well, would need proper logic to flag actual cheating players properly, else we will end up with fairfight 2.0

if it works properly cheaters will get the idea that they are flagged because of lack of opposition, then they will just leave since no games to play. Possibly they will come back and either cheat and get flagged again then be forced to reroll or they might actually stop cheating and play legit so that they cannot get flagged again.

Edited by safdfsgkjhdgsjkhs
  • Like 1