Esther

[Game] Change Default Camera Distance To Max (FOV)

This can be an issue for long time players too but mostly for new players who are freshly starting with APB. I'm not trying to say that the possibilty to change the camera distance is an issue per se but there're tons of players who might not know that his is even possible to do.

When you're creating a fresh new account, start playing APB: Reloaded for the first time, spawning on the district then the default camera distance is set to be the closest to your character.

Of course there's the possibility to zoom out the camera when you press "default button -" but this isn't explained in the tutorial neither does everyone have knowledge of camera distance and FOV in shooters that's possibile to change it. I've seen several youtube videos, streams, footages of players but also friends playing with the camera zoomed to the closest point where most of them don't even know they can move the camera distance.

The small suggestion but improvement would be:

• Change the default camera distance to the maximum distance (zoomed out) for new accounts.
  • Add a zoom in/out task to the tutorial so you have to complete it at least once.

The only reason I can think of why the camera is zoomed in on a new account is probably the first impression, immersion and the feeling of joining a world where Enforcers fight against Criminals.

To compare the differance of the camera distance, I've taken several screenshots with a new account. They're hiding in the spoiler box.

bsyqx1c.png
p3Cmjro.png
uc7GFP6.png
Pz2a18B.png
VyuRRsA.png
Spovr1V.png
5htXGix.png
rAM4QhQ.png
GKTzBQj.png
obi3eSh.png

Edited by Esther
  • Like 3

+1 for this. This should either be set as Standard or explained within the Tutorial.

• Like 2

+1 for this aswell.

Another related issue is that sprinting seems to move the FOV to a set value instead of adding to it.

So if you're fully zoomed in normally, the camera would zoom out when you would be sprinting, and vice versa.

I believe the original intention was to increase the FOV to give you a greater sense of speed, but I'm not sure how that would be if you're already zoomed out a lot. Personally I would prefer to be able to disable the FOV changes while sprinting.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dopefish said:

+1 for this aswell.

Another related issue is that sprinting seems to move the FOV to a set value instead of adding to it.

So if you're fully zoomed in normally, the camera would zoom out when you would be sprinting, and vice versa.

I believe the original intention was to increase the FOV to give you a greater sense of speed, but I'm not sure how that would be if you're already zoomed out a lot. Personally I would prefer to be able to disable the FOV changes while sprinting.

Thank you @Dopefish as usually. I agree, the small little FOV change from sprinting (when zoomed out to max camera distance) could be disabled or at least they could offer a disable button in the settings.

However, the FOV change from camera distance close (zoomed in) to sprinting maximal camera distance (zoomed out) is a huge jump and also generates a huge camera movement. I'm certainly sure that not everyone enjoys those camera movements and shakes.

7 hours ago, Esther said:

The small suggestion but improvement would be:

• Change the default camera distance to the maximum distance (zoomed out) for new accounts.
  • Add a zoom in/out task to the tutorial so you have to complete it at least once

A3Wtm3H.gif

• Like 1