Seems fair.

6 minutes ago, AlexandraTromp said:

Unless they bring in server wide matchmaking this won't be fixed.

Or do you guys wanna wait 20+ minutes to jump into a match because there was none of equal skill?

I don't think server wide matchmaking will fix it.

Doing such thing as that will probably mess with people wanting to be in a specific district, and loading between districts if you're not using the advanced launcher is a pain.

Now if they removed threat districts and just had matchmaking reworked completely, that would probalby work out much better than forcing people to load into the district for one match and load to another for the second.

32 minutes ago, Obvious Lesbian said:

Doing such thing as that will probably mess with people wanting to be in a specific district, and loading between districts if you're not using the advanced launcher is a pain.

Now if they removed threat districts and just had matchmaking reworked completely, that would probalby work out much better than forcing people to load into the district for one match and load to another for the second.

Remove the separation of threat while fixing how players are actually rated MMR wise and toss in some sorta of handicap for the higher MMR side and boom then we can have instanced matchmaking across all of whatever district people are in. Sorta like wow only well not exactly.

20 hours ago, a Pair of Socks said:

Like someone would fucking group up with me anyway lmao, too generous

someone needs a hug

cmere

*hugs* *pats head* it'll be ok

i know the feels, some people dont want to team with me also , they just hate us

59 minutes ago, Obvious Lesbian said:

Well then, Financial wide or waterfront wide matchmaking, the point is 1 district has the problem of having a small pool of players.

You can perfect your matchmaker all you want as long as there are not enough people to choose from you either end up waiting a very long time or the matchmaker has to loosen up which isn't a big difference from now.

4 hours ago, Obvious Lesbian said:

but that separates the playerbase!1!!1 its unfair to teams!11

yea i feel like matchmaking is really bad and needs to be reworked to separate solo people and groups into different queues.

but the majority will cry about how it will separate the playerbase because they rely on grouping up and fighting solo players in order to inflate their egos and make them feel better.

or it should let a group of randoms get +1 / +2 players against the guys grouping up. you know, just in case there are only 3-4 4 player premades in the whole district

57 minutes ago, Obvious Lesbian said:

now, im no profesional -read: i havent worked in any AAA title- but, talking without knowing much, you might be able to "phase" players without loading screens if you do a "server-district wide" matchmaking, that means, for example, all players in all financials share matchmaking. so, when it needs to change a player from a financial to another, the map is already loaded in the memory, and it can just load the information(position, movement, actions) of all players in the new distirct(pretty fast thing, if im not completely wrong, you do it at least 20 times every second) and show them with pre-loaded placeholders (just like when you just join a distirct that you see everybody as a guy with a backwards cap) until it loadsthe actual characters.

20 minutes ago, SelttikS said:

Remove the separation of threat while fixing how players are actually rated MMR wise and toss in some sorta of handicap for the higher MMR side and boom then we can have instanced matchmaking across all of whatever district people are in. Sorta like wow only well not exactly. 

a "baised rank" for every posible mission spot would be pretty cool. like, "this place is 3 points baised for attackers" means its easier to attack than defend, thus it gives the defensive position to the stronger team.

2-polar-bear-cub-playing-in-snow-alaska-

30 minutes ago, TheOppositePolarBear said:

now, im no profesional -read: i havent worked in any AAA title- but, talking without knowing much, you might be able to "phase" players without loading screens if you do a "server-district wide" matchmaking, that means, for example, all players in all financials share matchmaking. so, when it needs to change a player from a financial to another, the map is already loaded in the memory, and it can just load the information(position, movement, actions) of all players in the new distirct(pretty fast thing, if im not completely wrong, you do it at least 20 times every second) and show them with pre-loaded placeholders (just like when you just join a distirct that you see everybody as a guy with a backwards cap) until it loadsthe actual characters.

This would have to be after the engine upgrade though. You would have to change how maps load onto people's computers. The way they work now, the map loads upon you selecting the district, and when you change district channels, you will reload a new map. Each district is reloaded regardless if its the same district mostly due to how each district has different set of cars and NPCs wandering around and the data is stored on the servers.