Cuve

Dear LO

15 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

The only way to stop cheaters is to bring back ffbans dot com.

agreed

APB has always been the game where everyone thinks everyone is cheating, but the majority aren't.

Since LO first changed the anti-cheat, every single public APB hack was taken down.

No one can purchase a cheap public hack anymore, as of like 2018. This means the only cheaters left are paying absurd prices for private hacks (which will likely come with a free RAT), or they're coding their own (which requires bypassing BattlEye and some braincells). Sure, if you have a good undetectable private cheat then you're pretty much invincible, but that's the case in any game and is usually the minority. These people probably exist in APB, but I can't imagine there's many. Its not even worth the time for anyone with the development knowledge to code cheats for this game, considering how little money there is to make off of it due to the lack of players.

The APB playerbase's average skill level is a tiny fraction of what it used to be in 2014-2015. Absolute night and day difference to now.

I've seen such a tiny amount of people cheating in the past 4 years. If there's one single thing LO actually did, it was eliminating the majority of script kiddies.

Bottom line is: get gud.
Or go play a better game instead.

46 minutes ago, heyheyheyhey said:

APB has always been the game where everyone thinks everyone is cheating, but the majority aren't.

Since LO first changed the anti-cheat, every single public APB hack was taken down.

No one can purchase a cheap public hack anymore, as of like 2018. This means the only cheaters left are paying absurd prices for private hacks (which will likely come with a free RAT), or they're coding their own (which requires bypassing BattlEye and some braincells). Sure, if you have a good undetectable private cheat then you're pretty much invincible, but that's the case in any game and is usually the minority. These people probably exist in APB, but I can't imagine there's many. Its not even worth the time for anyone with the development knowledge to code cheats for this game, considering how little money there is to make off of it due to the lack of players.

The APB playerbase's average skill level is a tiny fraction of what it used to be in 2014-2015. Absolute night and day difference to now.

I've seen such a tiny amount of people cheating in the past 4 years. If there's one single thing LO actually did, it was eliminating the majority of script kiddies.

Bottom line is: get gud.
Or go play a better game instead.

imo the biggest issue with cheaters, or even suspected cheaters, in apb is how present they are

frustration from facing a suspected cheater is multiplied exponentially by the persistent instances and matchmaking mechanics - it can be impossible to escape when they keep popping up in the district or when they keep being placed in your mission, its currently too easy for a even a single cheater to potentially sour entire play sessions

as the pop gets smaller this issue gets worse, removing the option to switch districts until the only alternative is to not play at all

On 1/29/2022 at 7:04 PM, glaciers said:

imo the biggest issue with cheaters, or even suspected cheaters, in apb is how present they are

frustration from facing a suspected cheater is multiplied exponentially by the persistent instances and matchmaking mechanics - it can be impossible to escape when they keep popping up in the district or when they keep being placed in your mission, its currently too easy for a even a single cheater to potentially sour entire play sessions

as the pop gets smaller this issue gets worse, removing the option to switch districts until the only alternative is to not play at all

Yeah, I agree. Back when we had a decent population, it was so much easier to avoid certain players but now we don't really have an option.

11 hours ago, heyheyheyhey said:

Yeah, I agree. Back when we had a decent population, it was so much easier to avoid certain players but now we don't really have an option.

You will play the same opposition 10 times in a row and you will like it.