Sign in to follow this  
gdfgdfgfdgfd

Custom Crosshair

4 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Yeah, here it Matt from the Q&A:

Q: Shaders and certain configs, will they be allowed back into APB?
A: I feel like that this would be a super slippery slope, to say we’re gunna allow custom shaders or changes to the game. Now having said that, I do think we need to make these options available in the game, we need to put them in. We need to allow players to change the colour of the crosshair for low accessibility, and low processing reasons (Editorial: He meant low processing power.). That’s something that we should be putting in. While we appreciate the community doing the leg work, we feel it should come from our side, because it’ll not only look better, it’ll come from us, it’ll work properly and won’t be flagged by our anti-cheat. It’s a slippery slope to say “sure, you can mess with the components of the game”.

That to me says they will allow the in game crosshair to be changed but the core design will remain despite a color change and that custom crosshairs from outside sources wont be allowed. Changing the color is fine but outside crosshairs I agree shouldnt be allowed.

I suppose one interpretation from Matt's statement concerning changes to the "delivered product", is that any changes that might be sanctioned,

(other than the "Advanced Launcher"), would be available to all, via the in-game menu options.

Features that LO would like to add.

Anything outside of the "delivered product" is not sanctioned.
(with the exception of Voice COMM & Advanced Launcher)

So all these questions concerning AHK/Auto-it /Custom Crosshairs / Overlays /Custom Configs.... etc,

would be considered outside of the "delivered product".

Just my understanding.

2 minutes ago, Westford said:

I suppose one interpretation from Matt's statement concerning changes to the "delivered product", is that any changes that might be sanctioned,

(other than the "Advanced Launcher"), would be available to all, via the in-game menu options.

Features that LO would like to add.

Anything outside of the "delivered product" is not sanctioned.
(with the exception of Voice COMM & Advanced Launcher)

So all these questions concerning AHK/Auto-it /Custom Crosshairs / Overlays /Custom Configs.... etc,

would be considered outside of the "delivered product".

Just my understanding.

Delivered product did not clearly state you needed a monitor or keyboard and mouse to play, so those are outside the intention of the "delivered product" too.... Right?

1 minute ago, SelttikS said:

Delivered product did not clearly state you needed a monitor or keyboard and mouse to play, so those are outside the intention of the "delivered product" too.... Right?

I could be wrong, but the "delivered product", is the software service ... ie ; APB:R .

How one accesses that service is up to them.

From the Steam APB store page, the Minimum & Recommended Requirements.

n183tw.jpg

It does not mention either a Monitor/Keyboard or Mouse.

Nice catch..

3 minutes ago, Westford said:

I could be wrong, but the "delivered product", is the software service ... ie ; APB:R .

How one accesses that service is up to them.

From the Steam APB store page, the Minimum & Recommended Requirements.

n183tw.jpg

It does not mention either a Monitor/Keyboard or Mouse.

Nice catch..

So then it should be fine to access it with a Gaming mouse and keyboard. And lets say a nice Gaming Monitor with overlays built in as crosshairs.

Also just cause its funny... Doesn't it technically mean that Windows 10 is third party software that wasn't approved at the time the product was published? 😛

Edited by SelttikS

13 minutes ago, SelttikS said:

So then it should be fine to access it with a Gaming mouse and keyboard. And lets say a nice Gaming Monitor with overlays built in as crosshairs.

Also just cause its funny... Doesn't it technically mean that Windows 10 is third party software that wasn't approved at the time the product was published? 😛

Considering that neither G1 or now, LO, have ever offered any hardware (Monitor/Keyboard/Mouse), to accompany the software service that they provide,

that anything outside of the "delivered product".. ie, the "Software Service", that potentially changes the gaming experience, is not intended or

provided by the software service publisher.

Hence, "outside" of the "delivered product".

That's my understanding at least.

As far as the OS, whether it is Windows 10, Linux or what have you,

is that not the platform for the service to run ?

// Check the Minimum & Recommended Requirements.

I believe that was a Requirement and did not modify/enhance the "delivered product".

I could be wrong.

Maybe Windows 10 does provide outside options, other than Resolution....

Edited by Westford

Sign in to follow this