Jump to content
Disrupt

Clan name and Character names

Recommended Posts

Hello!

 

Could there be a huge whitelist of names of characters and clans that aren't active anymore?
There are a lot of great names but those are taken by people that aren't playing the game anymore.
This would also benefit more people of having something Unique!

 

Thanks in advance!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd also like to grab one of those unique names...

like "EpicGoat" or something 🙃

 

It's a bit difficult cuz... what do u think how long ppl got to be offline till their name is deleted.

1 Year? 2? 

 

I don't have any problems with names online...

Seems like the names i use are kinda unique and always free to take.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The name purge, if I am not wrong, already happened once, as you can see it here.

However I believe this should happen at least once per year, perhaps even biannually. 

 

I spend about an hour creating my new character and way more than that looking for a free name I like. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Use ignore list. It's not perfect solution (tried to name mine as "Euryale" because it was "not existing", but failed), but it often helps. Try it. 🙂

I would also like to see official list of forbidden names like "god" and "mattscott" (it's the same person anyway, why forbid it???!) with explanations. Thanks.

Edited by Nagletz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Bambola said:

The name purge, if I am not wrong, already happened once, as you can see it here.

However I believe this should happen at least once per year, perhaps even biannually. 

 

I spend about an hour creating my new character and way more than that looking for a free name I like. 

that's the same name release that's been thrown on the roadmap, its just been delayed several times

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, xiphos said:

that's the same name release that's been thrown on the roadmap, its just been delayed several times

Oh, thank you for the clarification. Shame, they should really make it a standard practice. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/13/2021 at 9:45 AM, HighSociety said:

I'd also like to grab one of those unique names...

like "EpicGoat" or something 🙃

 

It's a bit difficult cuz... what do u think how long ppl got to be offline till their name is deleted.

1 Year? 2? 

 

I don't have any problems with names online...

Seems like the names i use are kinda unique and always free to take.

Dont understand me wrong tho like I also have the name Disrupt, GodBlessDisrupt, Bludgeon and something else.
But its more like Clan names that have been created but no one does something with it.
And if someone has a nice clan name 9/10 aren't even playing anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Disrupt said:

Dont understand me wrong tho like I also have the name Disrupt, GodBlessDisrupt, Bludgeon and something else.
But its more like Clan names that have been created but no one does something with it.
And if someone has a nice clan name 9/10 aren't even playing anymore.

Clan Names... ya okay there i am with u.

Also many diffrent ways of spelling are blocked by 54736 twinks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We've asked for this many times. I've even asked for this as far back as 2014 during old G1/RP. LO said they were going to do a wipe on names that have been inactive for some years but they eventually scrapped the idea because of people who would hoard names for themselves which in their eyes kills the whole point of this (which isn't really true as no one can hoard THAT many names as they would've released and most of those names are just a handful of edgy, dictionary names). Instead, they now speak of changing the naming system all together at some point after the engine upgrade. Just another thing that got tossed in the after the engine upgrade pile. Until then, we're stuck with practically everything even remotely nice being taken as character and clan names.

 

Honestly, sure, go for the new naming system. But that's going to take another few years before its realized, if ever. They should name wipe for the time being anyway and players who return down the line will be able to get their names back and if they can't - tough luck, they've been away for so many years and never cared about it to begin with. And they'd definitely be able to get it back with the new naming system, assuming that its what most people suspect, which is names with # numbers to them like Discord and some other services. Just because the engine upgrade is coming at some point in time doesn't mean that the game should be left as is for the time being (and this goes for many things, not just names).

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...