EVInezca

Out of Memory

alltime when i play apb i become out of memory very early 1-2 missions then crash. this is new.

before 4 month i played i didnt have this, what changes=? how i can fix it?

im using Windows 10 

and dont come and say i didnt have enough ram i play some new games on ultra. 

Nvidia GDDR6 GPU by any chance? 

And system memory doesn't matter much for a 32 bit process. That's why they're working to get it to 64 bit

oh your post was come fast. I have rtx 2070 super it means i have to wait and cant play, and need wait for a patch. is that what u mean?

1 minute ago, Eviltara said:

oh your post was come fast. I have rtx 2070 super it means i have to wait and cant play, and need wait for a patch. is that what u mean?

Lowering the settings can reduce the amount of crashes, but there's no fix available at this time.

Yea, gonna have to wait for the engine update, which brings the game to 64 bit. No ETA on that though 

• Like 1

I have a new laptop with a mobile 2070, not super or max-q, and I crash frequently, but I don't see an error message. Is there a way to see what the error is that caused the crash?

On 1/15/2021 at 9:43 PM, Eviltara said:

alltime when i play apb i become out of memory very early 1-2 missions then crash. this is new.

before 4 month i played i didnt have this, what changes=? how i can fix it?

im using Windows 10 

and dont come and say i didnt have enough ram i play some new games on ultra. 

So there is a lot of different "factors" to take into consideration, but the fundamentals are pretty simple.   however there is really no Ultra setting. Low medium and kind of max for APB. 

The Games happy spot with hardware I have found is as follows, 

minimum Quad Core 2.6ghz  - Absolute Minimum 4 GB DDR3 memory -  Minumum GTX980 {my previous card was a 980 and played this game perfectly] (not sure for amd/ati) but this will not be high res/Q. - windows 10 is actually more stable & 32bit or 64bit doesnt matter, 64bit is better .

You can also still run this game on a HDD 7200rpm.  no noticeable different to my SSD version. 

My own setup if it is of interest , but not vital, 

Intel 8 core 16 thread 3.4Ghz - 32GB DDR4 2133Mhz - EVGA XC3 Ultra RTX3070 - OS on SSD - APB install on sata3 (6) HDD 7200rpm -  monitor 4k 60hz , played at 2560x1440 at 60fps.   

One big issue with this game since wheyyyy-back-when is the system memory ,  it wants and will use 3GB easy.  there is this unconfirmed 3GB limit which causes the game to crash. even having 32GB in my system the game will go to 3GB and crash. 

Fix for my self and possibly others 

Res above 1920x1080 in game and on monitors above this res.   Screen Grabs = "Here"

Basic Options > Quality = Custom - Resolution set - option fullscreen = Window mode/borderless - Vsync off - Smooth Frame Rate on - 

Advanced options > all on - except > Low quality heath hud = off - render eye-lashes = off  - Anisotropy = x2 (no point going higher) - Anti Aliasing (beta Feature) = Off. 

Go to Your "Nvidia Control Panel > manage 3d settings > program settings > add = Locate APB Reloaded (you might have to located it in the installed directory) do not select launcher, you want the actual game.exe. 

IN "specify settings for this program >

8771540ab3b2ef0f9a9396d166f4237177ad3ca9

set  & make sure you click "apply" before exiting. you will have to completely close apb if you had it open, and relaunch the game. 

graphics Notes :

1) ingame Vsync off  is because when you run a game in "window mode" or "borderless"  these peramiters do not support in app vsync, however if you have nvidia control panel overrule this by enableing vsync the graphics card will "try" its best to sync frames of the application, same as desktop, if you run high res desktop you should run vsync as default in "global settings". 

2) in nvidia control panel go to > configure surround, physX > set PhysX settings > processor = "Graphics Card name" , this will prioritise your graphics card to handle PhysX , APBR when it originally launched was a big supporter of PhysX and Rag Doll. 

Additional info :

1) you can run the game in "full screen borderless" mode with these settings, but it might not be as stable.   Running the game 2560x1440 "window mode" on 4k (3480x2160) monitors it will only use half the screen in the  middle. for some idea of size. 

2) Further ways to stop memory leakage , "alt-Tab" out of game, go to task manger and locate "vivox-speach" and end this task, if you use discord and not ingame this service is a huge resource sucker, 

3) close other apps, ie chrome, firefox,  even discord if your not using it as they all use huge amounts of memory , if you have 4GB you need to keep it clear.

4) There is a few Dx9 Titles being reported to not like "full screen" mode on RTX cards, especially 3ks. there will not be a patch fix, companies simply dont care about dx9 now, but window mode appears to be the generic fix. 

I have published videos in the past about running the game over multimonitor and recently pushed the game over dual 4k monitors, just for fun.  but over the 10+ years of playing APBR, its build on Dx9 + has always had system memory issues. hopefully the new UE engine build will fix this, and allow more memory allocation . 

Recently posted a less detailed info about my RTX3070 on the other thread > "for all Gtx16xx and RTX series users"

hope this helps you. 

Edited by Sgt Drayke
  • Like 1