asdsadfdfa

Symbol Showing Blank After Hours of Work

I'm not particularly a fan of this feature. I was working on a symbol for a few hours, making sure to save every 5 minutes incase there was a random afk boot despite not being afk. However I was in-fact kicked for afk. But that's not why I'm a bit upset. I did remember to save and I had begun working on a different symbol altogether which is also okay because I have been saving that as well. BUT THEN I log back in only to find my previous symbol which was already completed and saved became completely blank with 0 layers. Why did this happen? Can I get it back and should I wait or should I just start again. 😂

Not sure if this helps but I'm pretty sure the corrupted symbol was a Save As of another symbol which I used as reference for the corrupted symbol because when I view all my symbols it shows the same Icon as the reference.

Merged.

& I just tried to load the corrupted symbol onto a new template and it says there are no layers so that's great.

2 hours ago, asdsadfdfa said:

I was working on a symbol for a few hours, making sure to save every 5 minutes incase there was a random afk boot despite not being afk. However I was in-fact kicked for afk

Not sure what happened to the symbol, but there is no AFK kick in Social, so that must have been something else.

22 hours ago, Kevkof said:

Not sure what happened to the symbol, but there is no AFK kick in Social, so that must have been something else.

There is an afk kick in social because I get kicked while working on songs all the time and when I reach the login section the message is: you have been kicked for inactivity after 15mins something something so I'm forced to save regularly. Perhaps it'll only afk kick you if you're in one of the stations? I've never afked in social without actually doing something

3 hours ago, asdsadfdfa said:

There is an afk kick in social because I get kicked while working on songs all the time and when I reach the login section the message is: you have been kicked for inactivity after 15mins something something so I'm forced to save regularly. Perhaps it'll only afk kick you if you're in one of the stations? I've never afked in social without actually doing something

The AFK message doesn't have any timeframe that it mentions, so it's probably

ERROR/DISCONNECTTED you have been disconnected from the server unexpectedly. the server may have gone offline, or you may be experiencing network connectivity issues.

Please note: a common problem is that your character has been locked in a district server - it takes a maximum of 15 minutes for them to be unlocked

Which can happen if you lose connection and has nothing to do with going AFK. Since it's not everyone disconnecting I'll assume the server didn't go down so it's then either in your route to the server (blame your ISP) or on your end (try restarting the modem/router). If someone is taking all the bandwith for a larger amount of time (for example downloading/uploading at maximum speeds) that could also cause you to lose connection

1 hour ago, Kevkof said:

The AFK message doesn't have any timeframe that it mentions, so it's probably

ERROR/DISCONNECTTED you have been disconnected from the server unexpectedly. the server may have gone offline, or you may be experiencing network connectivity issues.

Please note: a common problem is that your character has been locked in a district server - it takes a maximum of 15 minutes for them to be unlocked

Which can happen if you lose connection and has nothing to do with going AFK. Since it's not everyone disconnecting I'll assume the server didn't go down so it's then either in your route to the server (blame your ISP) or on your end (try restarting the modem/router). If someone is taking all the bandwith for a larger amount of time (for example downloading/uploading at maximum speeds) that could also cause you to lose connection

My internet is extremely good I'll only disconnect once or twice a year from anything when they do maintenance or have a crash at iinet headquarters. I never disconnect while I'm doing missions or fight club unless the servers go down it's only ever when I'm at a kiosk for an hour or more or so. So if it's not an afk timer then it has to be a gm pulling my plug or something stupid like that.

7 minutes ago, asdsadfdfa said:

So if it's not an afk timer then it has to be a gm pulling my plug or something stupid like that.

Hate to disappoint, but that would be a different message as well:
"An ingame GM has kicked you for the following reason: [No reason was provided]" is usually what that says or something along those lines. 

Maybe there's something within the kiosks that's causing more stress on your system. Does it happen with all kiosks or just some types?

Edited by Kevkof

3 hours ago, Kevkof said:

Hate to disappoint, but that would be a different message as well:
"An ingame GM has kicked you for the following reason: [No reason was provided]" is usually what that says or something along those lines. 

Maybe there's something within the kiosks that's causing more stress on your system. Does it happen with all kiosks or just some types?

It mostly happens at music studio kiosk because that's where I am most of the time if I'm at a kiosk, but it's happened at the appearance, decals and clothing kiosk in the past. I've never used the market one long enough to find out if that kicks me after a while also.