Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
MarnickV

Getting kicked by Battleye for use of AutoIT (hadn't even heard of it before this)

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

I've been away for a while (last time I played was about a month ago) and now I'm having real difficulties trying to run the game. As I've mentioned I'm getting kicked by Battleye for the use of AutoIT but I can't seem to figure out what is causing Battleye to trip. I've read some other posts on here regarding the same issue but I couldn't really find any information that applied to my specific use case. It did seem like the most likely culprit is some or other keyboard or mouse software. Both of which I have removed only to find out it still didn't work.

 

I use a Glorious Model D (never installed the software for it) , Corsair keyboard (usually with iCUE installed) and a small program called X-Mousebutton control that allows me to rebind keyboard keys to mouse keys for older games (Unreal Tournament 99) that don't know how to deal with extra mousebuttons. Besides that my install is pretty vanilla. I'm not using a VPN, not using VmWare or any of the other programs that were listed as incompatible. I have uninstalled every program that I could possibly think of might have a relation to the crash but I'm out of options.

 

Is there a way for me to figure out which file Battleye exactly is picking up so that I can delete it? I haven't found any log files anywhere and I don't get the pop-up window PUBG and Rainbow6 used to give me.

 

Kind regards,

Edited by MarnickV
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey MarnickV, it sounds like you have been going down the list, but just in case I wanted to share our Battleye FAQ thread. There are several troubleshooting suggestions in there as well as some community solutions shared by other players. If none of those work for you, you might try locating the autoit script on your computer itself. Finally, I would consider taking a look at disabling your X-Mousebutton control to see if that is getting flagged.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Sakebee said:

Hey MarnickV, it sounds like you have been going down the list, but just in case I wanted to share our Battleye FAQ thread. There are several troubleshooting suggestions in there as well as some community solutions shared by other players. If none of those work for you, you might try locating the autoit script on your computer itself. Finally, I would consider taking a look at disabling your X-Mousebutton control to see if that is getting flagged.

Thanks for the quick response. I tried to go ahead with the steps specified and have uninstalled X-mousebutton control. That unfortunately didn't help. I also tried to locate the AutoIT program in the task manager but there's no such program listed under the 'details' tab. Not whilst running APB and not whilst just on the desktop. Any other suggestions that could help my case?

 

6a4c880333b01e2f2aa5e8bee0b8f303.png

Edited by MarnickV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After trying a few more options I have now been struck with a 3 day trade ban and as such will refrain from attempting any further at the moment. Is there no way to get more info out of Battleye? The message is very generic and I can't find any log files detailing which file exactly is causing the issue. It would be really nice to have a better idea of why exactly Battleye is having a problem..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You might want to uninstall whatever dcshelper is since its signed by Huawei and they work with the chinese communist party. Also if your willing maybe doing a complete windows reinstall and than adding back programs one by one should show which program is conflicting with battleye.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MonkaS said:

You might want to uninstall whatever dcshelper is since its signed by Huawei and they work with the chinese communist party. Also if your willing maybe doing a complete windows reinstall and than adding back programs one by one should show which program is conflicting with battleye.

Thanks for you reply!

 

I have to occasionally reflash USB modems that have Huawei chipsets in them. Without the proper drivers that process doesn't function very well. I don't have anything to hide from the chinese government anyway as there's nothing of significance on this machine.

 

Regarding reinstalling I'd rather avoid that because it would take me multiple days to reconfigure everything and I wouldn't even have the guarantee that APB will work again after it. Not to mention that I rarely play the game due to time contraints. I have been playing for a decade however and it's a great way of relieving stress that I would like to keep so any other advice would be welcome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This isn't comprehensive, but one other thing you might try is locating any AutoIT script file extensions which may be on your machine. Do a search for these file types and see if anything comes up: *.A3X and *.AU3

 

If that doesn't work, I recommend checking out the Battleye Website's FAQ and perhaps reaching out to support.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sakebee said:

This isn't comprehensive, but one other thing you might try is locating any AutoIT script file extensions which may be on your machine. Do a search for these file types and see if anything comes up: *.A3X and *.AU3

 

If that doesn't work, I recommend checking out the Battleye Website's FAQ and perhaps reaching out to support.

 

Thank you for your reply.

 

The search results come up empty when searching for them on the entire system. Regarding the link you provided; I'm not quite sure where to look as I'm not seeing anything on there that seems related to my problem but perhaps I'm overlooking something and someone can point me in the right direction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...