Sakebee

Battleye Summary

1 hour ago, Dead_Game said:

you seems to be defending  deeper config edits further than what Advance APB Launcher provides. It is considered cheating if those edits are giving advantage over regular players who plays apb. Streaming with it seems to rub off the fact that LO doesn't bat an eye  since "those skills"  seems to grab some viewers and all they care about is marketing , yet except some new players every old player out there knows this is a clear cut advantage over when playing apb. So they should take action against these "skilled players" if not they should implement scans of config files if the edits mismatches from  the allowed configs out there. 

Using an actual cheat is even worse but this is no better lol. 

Not at all what I was aiming to say. But I think there is still a bit of a distinction to be made between minor config edits, full file removals and cheating. Those are not all on the same level, imo.

I would love to have the game fully locked down, but in the current state that doesn't seem like a good choice. RTX users for example are frequently unable to play the game if it weren't for config edits. There should be limits on what can/can't be changed, but that's not something you or I get to decide on.

58 minutes ago, wHisHi said:

Alright, can you share the link to this launcher? My potato laptop needs this

Sure thing, here's the official link: https://media.gamersfirst.com/gamersmedia/apb/Advanced_APB_Launcher.zip

On 7/22/2020 at 12:55 AM, Kevkof said:

There should be limits on what can/can't be changed, but that's not something you or I get to decide on.

Yes this is exactly what I was bringing up , LO should make it clear on those edits if not this is so unbalanced.

8 hours ago, Dead_Game said:

Yes this is exactly what I was bringing up , LO should make it clear on those edits if not this is so unbalanced.

If you arent sure, I would recommend the advanced launcher. If you want to do your own edits, you can only edit what is edited by the advanced launcher. Anything beyond that and you risk punishment.

(I dont know how strongly this is enforced, or what the penalties are)

Edited by CookiePuss
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

If you arent sure, I would recommend the advanced launcher. If you want to do your own edits, you can only edit what is edited by the advanced launcher. Anything beyond that and you risk punishment.

No one knows that and that triggers me

12 minutes ago, wHisHi said:

No one knows that and that triggers me

I feel the same.

4 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

I feel the same.

They definitely read forums but yet still not make any official statement. There are obv more people that need clarification

1 hour ago, wHisHi said:

They definitely read forums but yet still not make any official statement. There are obv more people that need clarification

I've a pretty good idea what is and isnt allowed. It's the enforcement and such I dont know about.

• Thanks 1

On 7/23/2020 at 10:41 AM, CookiePuss said:

there is no penalties, if there was, half or more than half of the apb streamer would be penalized for it and would only exist few "skilled players" in apb. Why kill the remaining  population right ? 

4 hours ago, Dead_Game said:

there is no penalties, if there was, half or more than half of the apb streamer would be penalized for it and would only exist few "skilled players" in apb. Why kill the remaining  population right ? 

I can't really comment on that.

None of the streams I watch use forbidden edits.

If you think someone is you can report them to LO.

• Thanks 1

On 7/25/2020 at 10:55 AM, CookiePuss said:

I can't really comment on that.

None of the streams I watch use forbidden edits.

If you think someone is you can report them to LO.

again we are coming to the original argument as the loop  ends here , LO is not prioritizing this violation. How many times you report the same people , these reports do not matter cause as of today LO has no way of checking this . LO do not bat an eye nor the current anti-cheat system can  detect these custom configs .
Many of the streamers have [ removed effects_ particle , explosions effect  ( the explosions effect cannot be seen on the client UI) ,  disable muzzle-flash etc.] So either you are just closing ur eyes or u must be using these as well , which are against allowed config limits. 

Some even have custom cross-hair from the shader config edit lol 

Sakebee disliking this wont hide the truth. Next time come dislike this being anonymous LOL 

Edited by Dead_Game