Too_many_snowflakes

Suppressor love?

Will weapons with a mod slot permanently taken up by a suppressor gain any significant perks for having one? I know a few weapons do gain a bit of an advantage, but it would be nice to have improved mechanics in the future for players that want to take a more subtle approach.  (Masking your firing location if you're not spamming the trigger, reduced recoil, no muzzle flash, etc.)  

Obviously there should be some drawbacks as well. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Speaking of suppressor, I would love for a suppressor mod to put on any gun.

• Like 2

On 6/10/2018 at 9:06 PM, TrinityFSB said:

Will weapons with a mod slot permanently taken up by a suppressor gain any significant perks for having one? I know a few weapons do gain a bit of an advantage, but it would be nice to have improved mechanics in the future for players that want to take a more subtle approach.  (Masking your firing location if you're not spamming the trigger, reduced recoil, no muzzle flash, etc.)  

Obviously there should be some drawbacks as well. 

They already reduce recoil, and iirc they also get rid of muzzle flash and tracers.

5 minutes ago, Similarities said:

They already reduce recoil, and iirc they also get rid of muzzle flash and tracers.

Ive seen muzzleflash from the watchmen...or at least ive seen increased brightness from it.

10 minutes ago, Similarities said:

Pros and cons of having a suppressor equipped aren't even NEAR consistent across the board.  What would be AMAZING, is if we could not only have that, but also the ability to attach/detach muzzle accessories from our weapons on the fly.  

The adaptability of being able to fire suppressed from afar, and then "going loud" when closing on a target or asset would be invaluable and fun as hell. 

I am still waiting for cr5 silencer... and honestly supressors or silencer w/e, should not take weapon slots and be mostly comsetic. "Removing tracers and reducing muzzle flash" should be in the weapon description and not a mod.

18 hours ago, Excalibur! said:

I am still waiting for cr5 silencer... and honestly supressors or silencer w/e, should not take weapon slots and be mostly comsetic. "Removing tracers and reducing muzzle flash" should be in the weapon description and not a mod.

Perhaps, but if/when tracers are added back into the game, NOT having them appear when you fire your weapon would be a huge advantage for obvious reasons.  Not only that, but suppressors naturally are something that should be removable unless it's integrated into the barrel. 

19 hours ago, Excalibur! said:

We shouldn't even have multiple weapons with just one subtle cosmetic difference in the first place. A lot of people have been asking for full weapon customization for a long time. I mean look at armas. Some weapons like the Obeya/Atac/N-Tec, etc... have 3 different types of reskins with only slight visual changes like a different scope, stock or barrel

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, SuperToaster said:

We shouldn't even have multiple weapons with just one subtle cosmetic difference in the first place. A lot of people have been asking for full weapon customization for a long time. I mean look at armas. Some weapons like the Obeya/Atac/N-Tec, etc... have 3 different types of reskins with only slight visual changes like a different scope, stock or barrel

Full customization would be awesome, but that's a bit much to ask for right now.  If that were to be implemented, you'd still want to limit the number of mods per weapon to something not too ridiculous.  We don't want another COD clone. *shivers*

1 hour ago, TrinityFSB said:

Perhaps, but if/when tracers are added back into the game, NOT having them appear when you fire your weapon would be a huge advantage for obvious reasons.  Not only that, but suppressors naturally are something that should be removable unless it's integrated into the barrel. 

If that ever happens.... i am okay without them, it looks even better.

Not sure about supressors. I would like to add/remove supressors but you know how it is.

59 minutes ago, SuperToaster said:

And customizing skins yourself...

I doubt that ever happens too ;p

8 hours ago, TrinityFSB said:

Full customization would be awesome, but that's a bit much to ask for right now.  If that were to be implemented, you'd still want to limit the number of mods per weapon to something not too ridiculous.  We don't want another COD clone. *shivers*

I just think you should be able to customize the gun and make it look however you want regardless of mods. Obviously stuff like magazine/clip types/sizes and suppressors should have a physical effect on the gun. Like extended mag would obviously give you an extended magazine, suppressor gives you a suppressor, etc..

I know it's asking for too much atm just suggesting lol. LO has already said APB needs a visual upgrade. They definitely need to do an art and animation pass on the weapons. We still don't have any proper reload or firing animations for literally all the guns ingame

7 hours ago, Excalibur! said:

If that ever happens.... i am okay without them, it looks even better.

Not sure about supressors. I would like to add/remove supressors but you know how it is.

And customizing skins yourself...

I doubt that ever happens too 😜

Pretty sure a dev touched on gun skin customization years back and they mentioned it was possible. APB needs a ton of optimization plus a server upgrade before we see anything like that

Edited by SuperToaster