Sign in to follow this  
TzickyT

[GUIDE] A mugging guide

- check out the youtube video of saintbro's if u don't want to bother to read -

This guide is no guide how to mug. but a guide how to mug efficiently.

hi i am TzickyT and im going to tell u that there is some sort of a strategy behind mugging. I looked trough youtube and most people say just what u have to do. on the forums there is also nothing about efficient mugging or anything in general. so i thought why not make one myself as i am doing a mugging challenge i want to express what i think is the best way to mug in the game of apb.

How to mug.

becous some people would ask. press F on a NPC u see in the pictures below. and u wil start mugging.

How to mug efficiently

Mugging efficiently exists out of 3 parts. the loadout (the right equipment), the Grind (The Right Mindset), and The Mug( Mugging the right NPC's for being able to go efficiently)

The Equipment.

As first I would like to tell u about the best character setup a person can have. Keep in mind u would need joker tickets for a few items to be able to run them if u are under the rank of 195.

when u are mugging u want to finish the mug as fast as possible and a good item for this is a "Street Jacker H169". This equipment gives u a reduced time to mug a civilian of 40%.

CklJn24.jpg

Character Modifications: the best combination at this moment would be adding weapon Field Supplyer Wide Radius - Fragile – Hard landing – Med Spray

XUp7W5T.jpg

reason why I take those is a personal preference. The most important modifications are fragile and consumable meds the other two are just there for crucial things or places where I mug the most. Fragile offers u to run faster to your next target while consumable meds help u regain life faster than u can with fragile. Using it once wil give u a fast way to get out of certain situations. Make sure u always have a way out around enforcers.

when a criminal is mugging an npc whitout fragile he wil be able to mug 4-5 npc's in a minute. when he mugs whit fragile he wil be able to mug 6-7 npc's a minute.

When I get witnessed hard landing gives me a way out in waterfront. This Item offers me in waterfront to get away by jumping of a platform in the mall falling recovery is reduced with 100%.Poorly enough it does nothing for me in financial. The supply box on the other hand can give me a way to get another gun or resupply grenades when I need it in that situation.

UMTIz5T.jpg

on later note i found out that spotter would be also a decent way to know where your enemy is going to counter u in your quest of delivering your items.

Than if u figured out your load out than its time to start mugging.

Mugging the right NPC's for being able to go efficiently

like i already set if u don't know how to mug. just press F on an NPC who is walking on the street. The NPC's who are sitting or standing to watch something u can’t target. stil if u want to target those. go stand on the other side of the street and shoot with your gun. or stand in a radius of 7 tiles away from them while mugging someone else. if they start running or if they crouch, than u failed.

here is the information what for xp u gain and how much mugs it takes to go to the next bounty level.

XP Gain non premium.

at 0 star bounty u wil get 12xp a mug / only need 1 mug to progress

at 1 star bounty u wil get 12xp a mug / only need 4 mugs to progress

at 2 stars bounty u wil get 15xp a mug / only need 4 mugs to progress (wierd that it doesn't take 8 mugs to level this up.)

at 3 stars bounty u wil get 18xp a mug / only need 16 mugs to progress

at 4 stars bounty u wil get 24xp a mug / only need 19 mugs to progress

at 5 stars bounty u wil get 30xp a mug

XP Gain with premium

at 0 star bounty u wil get 18xp a mug / only need 1 mug to progress

at 1 star bounty u wil get 18xp a mug / only need 4 mugs to progress

at 2 stars bounty u wil get 20xp a mug / only need 4 mugs to progress (wierd that it doesn't take 8 mugs to level this up.)

at 3 stars bounty u wil get 25xp a mug / only need 16 mugs to progress

at 4 stars bounty u wil get 30xp a mug / only need 19 mugs to progress

at 5 stars bounty u wil get 40xp a mug

The NPC's Rank.

There are 3 kind of people u can mug. i have named them 0 stars , 2stars and 4 stars. this is basicly the patern what the npc's wil drop.

0 star NPC's who u mug who never drop an item. for efficiency u don't need to pick these. but if u get griefed best to hunt these down too.

IuNTC1g.png

2 star NPC's who u mug that drop 2 items. Pick these NPC's of the street when u don’t see 4 stars.

NlQBKkM.png

4 star NPC's who give 4 items or an equilivant of it or more. these are mostly the jackpot NPC's.

ICyR5FB.png

I hope this guide helped u guys a lot for having more fun or more efficience in mugging.

PS: i miss a few more pics of putting all NPC's in a category. i did 4 rotations but in total there are 7-8 rotations of NPC's runnig around san paro.

Edited by TzickyT
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Replace field supplier with blowtorch

On 3/22/2020 at 9:34 AM, TzickyT said:

As first I would like to tell u about the best character setup a person can have. Keep in mind u would need joker tickets for a few items to be able to run them if u under the rank of 185.

195*

• Like 1

edited topic with a calculation i did for a while. ( with all my calculation. i think its possible for a normal player to gain faster max level with mugging there way to 255 than gaining it by doing missions.)

topic has been edited ( Xp information has been added per bounty and per mug.)