Selali

Shotgun Balance Update

3 hours ago, SHEMER said:

Shotguns should have an advantage at a distance of up to 30 meters!

ok suggestions discarded

On 2/9/2020 at 2:11 PM, Flaws said:

What do you make out of these then?

https://i.gyazo.com/731d9af7f07109b6befdf4583ec14b71.mp4

Your second shot seems to mainly hit the door and only partially your opponent.

What I find more odd here is that his first shot doesn't seem to hit at all, yet he still kills you with the second.

Second shot doesn't appear to have registered at all, there is no hitmarker. Third shot was aimed far above the player, must have at most graced them.

Second shot only graces his feet.

All hits look like partial ones.

To me your settings seem to wildly exaggerate how well you hit an opponent. The blood spatter appears way more prominent than under "normal" settings. Watching the footage frame-by-frame (or at least in the smallest steps that gyazo by dragging the mouse around) shows fairly reasonable explanations why each situation happened the way it did.

Admittedly the first one is pretty odd, but the others seem clear-cut to me.

1 hour ago, Revoluzzer said:

-

I don't feel like shotguns (namely CSG) should be THAT ineffective if you shoot (literally) 1px off which is about as much as I get in these. Especially considering how small the crosshair is with these stats.  But if that's the point then the JG must suffer greatly from what it is like in Prototype currently.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Revoluzzer said:

Your second shot seems to mainly hit the door and only partially your opponent.

What I find more odd here is that his first shot doesn't seem to hit at all, yet he still kills you with the second.

he was tagged from earlier and he got one shot cause of that, id assume

19 hours ago, Flaws said:

I don't feel like shotguns (namely CSG) should be THAT ineffective if you shoot (literally) 1px off which is about as much as I get in these. Especially considering how small the crosshair is with these stats.  But if that's the point then the JG must suffer greatly from what it is like in Prototype currently.

1 pixel off is a lot smaller than you think lad and you can't move your mouse and/or crosshair by 1 pixel, git gud.

24 minutes ago, 悲しい春 said:

1 pixel off is a lot smaller than you think lad and you can't move your mouse and/or crosshair by 1 pixel, git gud.

Imagine taking that literally.

19 hours ago, Flaws said:

Just now, Flaws said:

Imagine taking that literally.

I highlighted a word in your post that should make the reason for that very obvious ....

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Kevkof said:

I highlighted a word in your post that should make the reason for that very obvious ....

And yet, I don't think that anyone really thinks I mean 1px exact. It looks like about a pixel off. Regardless, 1px or 2px I think it's close enough to the target.

Edited by Flaws

On 2/14/2020 at 11:20 PM, Flaws said:

Especially considering how small the crosshair is with these stats.  But if that's the point then the JG must suffer greatly from what it is like in Prototype currently.

Since the crosshair on shotguns only encapsules the area in which a spread-pattern originates (i.e. pellets can go way outside the crosshairs) it makes perfect sense that being even a tiny bit off target can have drastic effects.

With fixed patterns it arguably helped to aim next to a target beyond a certain distance, but right now your best bet is to target center mass every time it is visible. Not the feet, not the head, not (literally) 1px off.

The Shredder's spread is so tight you might consider it a single projectile in CQC. If you're off target at all, you most likely miss.

Conversely the JGs spread is so wide you can hit an enemy even if your aim was flawed.