Sign in to follow this  
ramell

Real Zombies for Halloween

I wish LO can make real Zombies in the streets of SP, I.e: pedestrians that actually attack players.

anyone thinks the same?

iirc something about the AI of the peds not being up for it? Or something. Post EU, maybe.

The "AI" in APB is ridiculously basic. It can only travel on preset paths, and if knocked off this path (crashing into a car) they are completely incapable of even finding their way back onto it. An AI that just swarms a player is likely not too complicated either, but it would have to be able to do a lot of things that they cannot do at all atm, which includes stuff like: Open doors, climb ladders/walls, respect collisions of the world and props in their pathing, car jack players (so that you can't just sit in a car and insta win) and a whole pile of stuff I can't even think of right now.

In general, PvE is off the table for the foreseeable future, APB has a LOT more pressing concerns to work through than adding a buttload of systems for a zombie horde mode

7 hours ago, WhiskeyTangoFoxX said:

The "AI" in APB is ridiculously basic. It can only travel on preset paths, and if knocked off this path (crashing into a car) they are completely incapable of even finding their way back onto it. An AI that just swarms a player is likely not too complicated either, but it would have to be able to do a lot of things that they cannot do at all atm, which includes stuff like: Open doors, climb ladders/walls, respect collisions of the world and props in their pathing, car jack players (so that you can't just sit in a car and insta win) and a whole pile of stuff I can't even think of right now.

In general, PvE is off the table for the foreseeable future, APB has a LOT more pressing concerns to work through than adding a buttload of systems for a zombie horde mode

Not necessarily all this, maybe the pedestrians don't need to be "super intelligent" to be zombies, just give them some very basic pathing and if someone goes inside a car just make them wail at the car until it's destroyed or the player comes out. You know, like you would expect a real brainless zombie to do.

2 hours ago, ColorBauss said:

Not necessarily all this, maybe the pedestrians don't need to be "super intelligent" to be zombies, just give them some very basic pathing and if someone goes inside a car just make them wail at the car until it's destroyed or the player comes out. You know, like you would expect a real brainless zombie to do.

Define "basic pathing." Any pathing that isn't just simply what APB civilians already do is by definition not simple. Any free-form path finding is complex and requires an absolute butt load of level design work

19 minutes ago, WhiskeyTangoFoxX said:

Define "basic pathing." Any pathing that isn't just simply what APB civilians already do is by definition not simple. Any free-form path finding is complex and requires an absolute butt load of level design work

What I mean by "basic pathing" is that whenever you go close enough, say 20-30 meters, pedestrians will run straight at you, and if they collide with something they will keep trying to run straight at you until you are out of their range. After all, if they are implemented to mission districts and actually chase you down through doors, ladders etc. like you suggested it could be a bit much.

54 minutes ago, ColorBauss said:

What I mean by "basic pathing" is that whenever you go close enough, say 20-30 meters, pedestrians will run straight at you, and if they collide with something they will keep trying to run straight at you until you are out of their range. After all, if they are implemented to mission districts and actually chase you down through doors, ladders etc. like you suggested it could be a bit much.

Yes. That’s exactly what I mean in the first place. It will sure attract players from other shooting games!