Spudinskes

Thoughts On Bringing Back Threat 15 Or Something Similar?

Good idea in theory but lets be honest here in APB's case all it would realistically do is increase toxicity, breed more edgy "win at any cost" tryhards & just generally make the playing experience for normal players pretty bad.

I remember the old 10 level threat system & i also remember how toxic some players were to any player not max threat.

APB players in general (especially on jericho) need to stop being edgelord twats to newer players if this game has any hope of coming back from the brink of death.

Edited by Nysyth
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Nysyth said:

Good idea in theory but lets be honest here in APB's case all it would realistically do is increase toxicity, breed more edgy "win at any cost" tryhards & just generally make the playing experience for normal players pretty bad.

I remember the old 10 level threat system & i also remember how toxic some players were to any player not max threat.

APB players in general (especially on jericho) need to stop being edgelord twats to newer players if this game has any hope of coming back from the brink of death.

That's like every game with matchmaking out there. Every game has toxicity and APB is no more toxic than other games like CSGO, Overwatch, and especially LoL. Despite the "toxicity" and tryhards the matchmaking in those games are fine. There are tons and tons of new and nooby players taking a part of matchmaking.

There are also other modes out there like open conflict. There are tools available for people that want to avoid matchmaking and threat levels.

Edited by Spudinskes

Just now, Spudinskes said:

Every game has toxicity and APB is no more toxic than other games like CSGO, Overwatch, and especially LoL.

Are we playing the same game? In all my time playing APB I've encountered 10x more toxic behavior than any other game. Whether it's abusing any & all glitches to win missions (i.e glitching item holds in impossible to reach places etc), trolling other players, being toxic asshats to new players in chat etc. You are deluding yourself if you don't think a sizeable portion of high rank players in APB could use a serious attitude adjustment going into the Little Orbit era of APB.

7 minutes ago, Nysyth said:

Are we playing the same game? In all my time playing APB I've encountered 10x more toxic behavior than any other game. Whether it's abusing any & all glitches to win missions (i.e glitching item holds in impossible to reach places etc), trolling other players, being toxic asshats to new players in chat etc. You are deluding yourself if you don't think a sizeable portion of high rank players in APB could use a serious attitude adjustment going into the Little Orbit era of APB.

Have you played those games? It's pretty toxic if you aren't a god. even the lower ranked people still tell people to get off certain champions/heroes when they are slightly lower rank than them. And if they don't switch and don't completely frag out they get yelled at. Toxicity and being rude is not special to APB in the slightest. As for glitching, that's up to LO to fix them. It's the same way every other company handles glitches and unfair spots, they patch them out. APB likely isn't going to change how people act in video games, but LO has the power to prevent and punish abuse.

Edited by Spudinskes

APB needs hidden MMR and a removal of threat segregated mission districts. The pop is too small, especially on the NA servers, to segregate the player base between 4 threat tiers.

Edited by indi
  • Like 1

Although I know we need a new threat system, I still love the rank symbols system, so It would be nice if we could keep them and add a new threat rank symbol (and new system), parallel to eachother.

34 minutes ago, indi said:

APB needs hidden MMR and a removal of threat segregated mission districts. The pop is too small, especially on the NA servers, to segregate the player base between 4 threat tiers.

Preach it. Visible threat's so vague it barely helps estimate skill level anyways. I can't tell you how many times I've won matches "against the odds" or lost when my team was "better" on paper, because visual threat doesn't mean shit.

IDK how anyone can want something based on a game like Overwatch after watching tons of videos on how everyone thinks comp in OW is broken, and talks about all the ways you need to play to trick your MMR to be higher (or worse) and all of the different issues with a game based around a precise and competitive rating. All the shit and grief people go through over rank in those games in ridiculous, and I don't want that in APB.

Honestly, if anything, I'd just keep the Green-Gold system, but if push came to shove I'd choose hidden threat over showing exact threat.

the reason they removed tl15 and then g10 was because it was viewed as "rewarding" to hackers, if the game is going to be for the majority hack free, the game needs a tiny bit of that competitiveness put back in