Sooney

Sugest: food expiration.

Hi, how do you fare. I'm quite new here, so "hell'o all":  I'll try not to space myself, if I can help it, and be clear with what I'm sugesting. Not that I don't hope this will ever exist in the game, but I know can be tricky and enough should have already in the table of LO for just caring about my rumblins... I just sometimes feel the need of sharing my thoughts... that's that, and would be nice as a hardcore RPG player, hardening a bit sometthing related to FOOD. (also the need of resting and be fed or thristy... well, other history)

Let's go: Food expiration.

Now: We have reserves of all kind of food: meats, fruits, vegetables, etc. that lays still in our vaults, stockpiling, waiting to be used in recipes or sold.

Problem: too easy, isn't it, if we have done just enough realism for having to feed our horse or refueling our vehicles or making ammo to our guns I just don't see how magically those Bankers are sood good keeping our stuff. Unless wastenland's vaults have refrigeration, all that food pile should have gone to rot in a matter of days if we do a RL perspective.

Solution: give food, or food materials, an expiration time. An edible meat, should degrade to it's next lower questionable meat when it expires. Same a questionable item degrades to tainted grade next time and maybe a rotten grade should be added to the end of it. (this rotten grade should be nice for fishing bait, soil fertilizat..., th's other thing)

Maybe we found the issue if giving each item or the full stack the expiration time, also wich rate.... The point is not having those stacks that should be gone to waste if stored too long inside a storage with no preserve conditioning (we could create a new type, for food storaging, that uses batteries or gasoline for it's generator to work and have all those items fresh and healthy...)

Well, besides it's ableability, wouldn't be fun opening one day your vault and find all is rotten away?... now you have more free slots availale, yeah 😉