What's up with OTW?

So, i have discovered these little details, when launching the OTW Version of APB and you can't login, sure, but there are few strange things i wanted to know.

1. Why when i type my email and my password it says "Account Login failed! Please check your User ID and Password (error 11004)?

It should say servers are offline or are actually in maintenance, if im not wrong, i tried to log in using different accounts but given same error, i tried to create a new account and it given again the same error, strange.

Still normal because obviously servers can't be online or the login too.

2. Why? As you can see under here i posted a pic where the game don't show it's name anymore like the normal version but says exactly:

"Default | Singleplayer mode 17/04/19 13:04:06 Release_USER 1-20-0_EMOTION@806091 Inst:0"

OTW Version

UEmJaAO.png

LIVE Version

O3fmbAH.png

I swear i didn't changed nothing for make it to appear like that

3. Singleplayer mode for APB? Possible?

I don't want to say nothing, really, but that name isn't casual, if it would be casual could have been too:

"Build tot number blabla 238729057,0 Release" or more casual "sdvnlz dovhniszoòihngofsghnios 35823095230327"

4. Why it says Exactly Singleplayer mode?

Maybe i am wrong, for sure, about something, but if they have put that text there, need to exist a reason.

Edited by Guest

20 minutes ago, AlishaAzure said:

1. Why when i type my email and my password it says "Account Login failed! Please check your User ID and Password (error 11004)?

It should say servers are offline or are actually in maintenance, if im not wrong, i tried to log in using different accounts but given same error, i tried to create a new account and it given again the same error, strange.

This is because the OTW servers are still locked for closed testing, it then uses a different account database so it can't find your account.

22 minutes ago, AlishaAzure said:

2. Why? As you can see under here i posted a pic where the game don't show it's name anymore like the normal version but says exactly:

"Default | Singleplayer mode 17/04/19 13:04:06 Release_USER 1-20-0_EMOTION@806091 Inst:0"

The window title on the testing client of the game can have additional information be displayed, it doesn't have to be using the exact window title the live client does. This is nothing to worry about

3 minutes ago, Kevkof said:

This is because the OTW servers are still locked for closed testing, it then uses a different account database so it can't find your account.

The window title on the testing client of the game can have additional information be displayed, it doesn't have to be using the exact window title the live client does. This is nothing to worry about

Okay, so how are we supposed to enter it if we don't have our account login there? I mean when tests are opened to the public.

I used to use my own account for OTW back with G1.

Yes i know there is nothing to worry about, update the topic and check my first comment updated, i wanted to know few more things

Edited by Guest

5 minutes ago, AlishaAzure said:

Okay, so how are we supposed to enter it if we don't have our account login there? I mean when tests are opened to the public.

The login will open up for everyone if there is a public test happening.

Edited by Frosi

Just now, Frosi said:

The login will open up for everyone if there are public tests happening.

What i was thinking, thank you very much Frosi ❤️

5 minutes ago, AlishaAzure said:

I used to use my own account for OTW back with G1.

When it's time for those public tests, I'm sure they'll switch the account database back to the full one (As mentioned by Frosi). 

Once that's done you'll be able to use your own account.

As for the questions on the window title, I don't know the code by heart but I'd imagine certain things just have certain names.

Most of the aspects of that window title won't mean much to anyone other than the staff members involved in actually coding/compiling the game.

1 minute ago, Kevkof said:

When it's time for those public tests, I'm sure they'll switch the account database back to the full one (As mentioned by Frosi). 

Once that's done you'll be able to use your own account.

As for the questions on the window title, I don't know the code by heart but I'd imagine certain things just have certain names.

Most of the aspects of that window title won't mean much to anyone other than the staff members involved in actually coding/compiling the game.

Yeah, obviously.

Well, thanks for your answers, is fun to talk and look at certain things, to have better knowledge of what's going on.

1 hour ago, AlishaAzure said:

So, i have discovered these little details, when launching the OTW Version of APB and you can't login, sure, but there are few strange things i wanted to know.

OTW Version

UEmJaAO.png

LIVE Version

O3fmbAH.png

I swear i didn't changed nothing for make it to appear like that

3. Singleplayer mode for APB? Possible?

I don't want to say nothing, really, but that name isn't casual, if it would be casual could have been too:

"Build tot number blabla 238729057,0 Release" or more casual "sdvnlz dovhniszoòihngofsghnios 35823095230327"

4. Why it says Exactly Singleplayer mode?

Maybe i am wrong, for sure, about something, but if they have put that text there, need to exist a reason.

You simply can't login because the servers aren't offline , they just use a different database, a private one that doesn't have your account in it so only specific people can acess it.

OTW has been closed for internal testing for a while now, still not sure why it's call OpenTestWorld as it's mostly closed to public rather than the opposite .

here's when it will be open for the RIOT testing next week :

5GDiqdJ.png

As for the title of the window that has been there since the last two OTW patches , just some debug info that the devs forgot to remove.

Edited by Ketog

Close this topic, please