Sign in to follow this  
LazyLizard

BSOD on startup

So at this point, i am completelly puzzled regarding to actually whenever this is fixable or not outside of re-installing my OS. Every time i try to start APB:R, i can get past the launcher, but a couple seconds into the splash, it BSODs into the driver_overran_buffer code. The stranger part is: Other games run absolutely fine, even 2019 ones with no problems outside their own bugs and crashes, only APB:R is having this issue. A member on discord suggested it might be related to an AMD cpu, but i'm not too sure whenever it's accurate or not.

I don't think it's a hardware issue, considering i've been able to run this just fine before. I've checked windows updates, drivers, done the cmds for chkdsks, etcetera, but none of these seem to work.

Edited by LazyLizard

I assume it hasn't been always like this? 

7 hours ago, _chain said:

I assume it hasn't been always like this? 

Nada, wasn't. A community member suggested i'd try to start up apb on a lower graphical setting ot see if it works, testing that tmorrow.

Update: didn't work.

Edited by LazyLizard

i have FX8320 + R9 270x game works fine it must be driver issue (at 80% chance) install older ones ? propably or uninstall them and try to run game like that (if it will even run like that)

its propably one of the issues goin on related to newest drivers / did u update them in near past ?

PS this will fix that.
go to updates turn it off - uninstall lastest updates in like range to 2-5 days old - you propably uses windows 10 😉 same as me i got updates turned off entirely

5 minutes ago, TheSxW said:

i have FX8320 + R9 270x game works fine it must be driver issue (at 80% chance) install older ones ? propably or uninstall them and try to run game like that (if it will even run like that)

its propably one of the issues goin on related to newest drivers / did u update them in near past ?

PS this will fix that.
go to updates turn it off - uninstall lastest updates in like range to 2-5 days old - you propably uses windows 10 😉 same as me i got updates turned off entirely

^what he said. Your safest bet would be to reinstall old drivers. Try doing everything, from GPU to SO updates. I found a couple of older games did something similar (but only crashed the pc, only option was to force reboot, no bsod though), but it was related to my pascal gpu and directX. 

If you use win10... Uninstall that shit until they finally get it right hahaha. (last year an update made my usb ports not work, had to go back to w7) 

Good luck dude

@_chain im using win 10 because its more stable then win 8 or 8.1 and its strangely faster then that hmmm... Anyway i got turned off almost everything from Win 10 - i used Win JG10 build - its a custom maded windows 10 by some maniac 😉 - he fixed almost everything that microsoft cant ... and installation files weight ~2.5GB

about the case uninstalling windows updates from lastest ones could help you (alot of that cases in the internet)