VickyFox

Had enough of 2FA

Just a bit of feedback to LittleOrbit.

I got and enabled 2 factor authentication when it was first implemented, but it too overbearing and marking the box "remember me" when logging in to APB seems to only last a week at most.

Web browsers ALWAYS asks for 2FA when not already logged in despite using the same browser on the computer, also there is no "remember me" toggle for external browsers.

Even while logged in game and I want to switch servers or character, You press the Escape key and click on Return to Lobby... To get to the character selection screen it may randomly ask for 2 factor authentication despite being logged on.

Sometime I log into APB and I accidentally click on the wrong character or wrong server and need to go back, again press escape key and Return to Lobby from District select and 2FA asks for a code despite logging on 2 minutes ago and clicking the wrong charater/server.

...and I'm ranting now but I do find myself looking at my monitor going "excuse me, can I help you to getting lost?" 10 seconds later "Here's you code and ---- you very much!" It almost developed into an irrational hatred within me.

We shouldn't have to enter a 2 factor authentication code to switch servers or characters while logged in game!

I hate to say security is becoming a nuisance but with G1-2FA, It really is inconvenient when APB takes at least 4 minutes to load a district. Every time I log on to Armas it feels like going to your favourite bar and the bouncer asks for ID despite being of a legal age... and coming to the same place every night earlier that week, and yet the bouncer is not convinced and doesn't remember you!

Recently my email was breached somehow so I am online security conscious more than normal, My Netflix account was also access but it later turned out to be as a result of data breach.

At the end of the day I am living on my own and not sharing my computer, I do not have a reason to be concerned about my online security more than anyone else, I don't believe I'm more at risk than anyone else.

I shouldn't post this to the internet but I'm confident I could recover my G1 account. So  yeah... I've removed 2FA from my GamersFirst account.

Does anyone else feel like 2 Factor Authentication is being over reactive?

• Thanks 1

Yes, i felt the same thing, like you, this is why i have disabled it in the past, used for a month and was tired of putting the code every single time, from the same device (desktop).

I think LO should do some improvements for it too, i do love it but sorry, i won't turn it on until few annoying things will be gone or atleast adjusted.

1 hour ago, VickyFox said:

We shouldn't have to enter a 2 factor authentication code to switch servers or characters while logged in game!

oh my, is that really a thing???

2 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

oh my, is that really a thing???

Unfortunately so. Something that never crossed my mind till now...

I'm not sure if it is possible to press the Escape key to exit the game when the 2 Factor Authentic blank black screen shows up while trying to "Return to Lobby".

Someone might want to check that when they next appears.

I agree - it really is annoying.

Remember me only works for about a week, or until the next character switch.

It's also rather strange that my codes never seem to work until they're halfway through their expiry time.

33 minutes ago, VickyFox said:

I'm not sure if it is possible to press the Escape key to exit the game when the 2 Factor Authentic blank black screen shows up while trying to "Return to Lobby".

Someone might want to check that when they next appears.

You can just click cancel to go back to the login menu

1 minute ago, GhosT said:

It's also rather strange that my codes never seem to work until they're halfway through their expiry time.

That got fixed for me (and quite a few others) with one of the recent server downtimes.

13 minutes ago, Kevkof said:

That got fixed for me (and quite a few others) with one of the recent server downtimes.

Damn, really?

Gotta try that. I've always waited till the codes were at half time because they wouldn't work.