Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Sivebrady

Gib Armas Guns

Recommended Posts

So I'm gonna start this off with a quick response to people who think about using the "you can just buy it response" I do buy stuff on Armas i own multiple account perm guns and loads of other stuff. 

 

Now lets get started

 

So currently when it comes to ways for people who cannot afford to buy guns on Armas is through Joker and the grind just to keep one of them weapons is really tough, along with this there are guns on Armas that you still cannot get on the Joker store or even obtain without buying a pack (looking at you revelations). So with this I would like to propose a way to handle introducing Armas weapons into game and making them easier to obtain.

 

So my suggestion is that an attempt is made to eventually move all guns to be available through contacts on leases with Armas being mainly used to permanent buys and the joker store as a holding ground. So for example when a new gun releases on Armas it is at the same time released on the joker store, when it comes around to release a new contact LO can look at the guns in the Joker store and select the guns that have been there the longest and use them with new contacts. Doing it this way means that the guns are able to be accessed by almost every player on release and in time giving access to literally any player if someone enjoys the gun they are still going to go to Armas and purchase a permanent version but a player who wants to try it out can eventually go to a contact and purchase it without having to use their joker tickets or real money. 

 

APB needs more content and restricting guns to just Armas or just the Joker store can limit some players ability to use a gun they like, this could start with bringing some guns that are currently on the joker store now to the new contacts that are coming after 3.5. I personally believe giving players access to as much of the games content as possible is beneficial for APB looking into the future and I hope you agree. 

 

I'm not the best at putting these posts together so if you have any questions feel free to ask away 🙂

 

-Explosion

 

Edit: When i refer to the revelations pack i meant as a perm buy the only way to get the guns from it is through the pack which like come on we should be able to buy them guns separately! 

Edited by Sivebrady
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My only concern is the game being profitable. 

If there's no benefit to spending money, why spend?

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

My only concern is the game being profitable. 

If there's no benefit to spending money, why spend?

I was concerned of this too, but it seems for some people, constantly renewing a lease for a gun is apb$ draining or a hassle they don't enjoy doing. it could work out

 

with that said, help me finish my nerf .45 thread :^)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

My only concern is the game being profitable. 

If there's no benefit to spending money, why spend?

The only issue i have with this as well.

If i could just get a CSG like a JG, why spend money on it for armas? Other then getting it permanent. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

My only concern is the game being profitable. 

If there's no benefit to spending money, why spend?

Lots of people own permenant versions of guns you can lease from contacts already I don't think it would change that really, Like I usually want a perm gun because i use it a lot and dont want to have to continually buy leases.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a person that pays for their guns i disagree with this topic.

Paid perm guns are ingame for a reason to support the game developers.

And there are guns that act the same ingame already.

Changing the system might plunder down the community even more.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CuddleBunnyLucy said:

As a person that pays for their guns i disagree with this topic.

Paid perm guns are ingame for a reason to support the game developers.

And there are guns that act the same ingame already.

Changing the system might plunder down the community even more.

This post wasn't about getting permanent guns most of us buy perms on armas, however i just think it would be fair to bring some of the armas guns in the joker store to future contacts. As well it can encourage people to buy a permanent version of the gun off of armas because personally my first armas perm purchases were from guns i used in game that i didn't want to keep leasing. Also while yes there are guns that are reskins their are a lot that are not as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Sivebrady said:

Lots of people own permenant versions of guns you can lease from contacts already I don't think it would change that really, Like I usually want a perm gun because i use it a lot and dont want to have to continually buy leases.

 

That is why most people buy guns in armas which begs the question why have more armas guns with contacts for lease?

There are some people that are adamant about not spending money on a free to play game, and fair enough... that is their choice.

 

For exotic unique weapons though, I don't think they should be released to contacts because these weapons being exclusive to Armas is what keeps bringing in the money for APB. That and new JMB releases but people don't like loot boxes.

 

Some may say that Armas exclusive weapons makes the game Pay 2 Win but how else is APB going to make money?

 

One suggestion would to have more feature and content locked behind premium, but there isn't enough content to do that right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, VickyFox said:

 

That is why most people buy guns in armas which begs the question why have more armas guns with contacts for lease?

There are some people that are adamant about not spending money on a free to play game, and fair enough... that is their choice.

 

For exotic unique weapons though, I don't think they should be released to contacts because these weapons being exclusive to Armas is what keeps bringing in the money for APB. That and new JMB releases but people don't like loot boxes.

 

Some may say that Armas exclusive weapons makes the game Pay 2 Win but how else is APB going to make money?

 

One suggestion would to have more feature and content locked behind premium, but there isn't enough content to do that right now.

With plans to add new contacts there is going to be guns added for them would you rather have LO spend time working on guns exclusively for these new contacts or pull from the massive pool of guns we have that are only on Armas? I think its more reasonable to use guns we already have available to us to be placed on these contacts instead of using precious development time on making new guns. I'm fine with Armas exclusive weapons when it comes to reskins eg: the vas , but when it's a completely unique gun i personally believe it should be obtainable in game. Is it hard to believe that someone wouldn't still buy a permanent from Armas if they enjoy a gun 

 

Also to pin all Armas revenue just on loot boxes and weapons is unrealistic while many of us players who have played for longer own most of the clothing content, a pack with a outfit and a gun is usually the first thing most players tend to purchase (one with a car as well if they have the cash) and that is pretty obvious when you see mid level players wearing a full pack with some basic colour changes.

 

I personally don't believe locking features behind premium is a good way to go about it as the only free to play games that do this successfully are games such as runescape that get away with doing it more because of the games age. Personally I would prefer if LO held APB to the standard of warframe allowing players to gain anything in the game from just playing and keeping the cash store elements as more of a pay for convenience sort of system. It has been shown to be one of the most successful models to follow in recent years in the western F2P market.

 

Side note cause I know someone will think it yes warframe is a hugely popular game and realistically APB is unlikely to ever reach the current popularity of the game however this business model has been the basis of warframe since its early inception and proves to be effective.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think i would really like to be able to lease most of armas, if not all armas weapons so i can trial them for a period longer than 30minutes, just so i can get the feel of the weapon and decide if i want to purchase it, because now i feel like purchasing the armas weapons feels more like a gamble, as i don't know how the weapon will perform in longer periods, example i'd really like to try out the weapons gated behind packs like Revalations weapons (Please remove the pack gate, let me buy some weapons without buying the whole pack) but i can't even trial them, let alone lease them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Sivebrady said:

With plans to add new contacts there is going to be guns added for them would you rather have LO spend time working on guns exclusively for these new contacts or pull from the massive pool of guns we have that are only on Armas? I think its more reasonable to use guns we already have available to us to be placed on these contacts instead of using precious development time on making new guns. I'm fine with Armas exclusive weapons when it comes to reskins eg: the vas , but when it's a completely unique gun i personally believe it should be obtainable in game. Is it hard to believe that someone wouldn't still buy a permanent from Armas if they enjoy a gun 

 

Also to pin all Armas revenue just on loot boxes and weapons is unrealistic while many of us players who have played for longer own most of the clothing content, a pack with a outfit and a gun is usually the first thing most players tend to purchase (one with a car as well if they have the cash) and that is pretty obvious when you see mid level players wearing a full pack with some basic colour changes.

 

I personally don't believe locking features behind premium is a good way to go about it as the only free to play games that do this successfully are games such as runescape that get away with doing it more because of the games age. Personally I would prefer if LO held APB to the standard of warframe allowing players to gain anything in the game from just playing and keeping the cash store elements as more of a pay for convenience sort of system. It has been shown to be one of the most successful models to follow in recent years in the western F2P market.

 

Side note cause I know someone will think it yes warframe is a hugely popular game and realistically APB is unlikely to ever reach the current popularity of the game however this business model has been the basis of warframe since its early inception and proves to be effective.

Most people would be happy to buy a perm version of a gun if they got to trail it first for free, there is a very small minority that just do not understand that Free to Play games need some source of income and take the term Free to Play seriously as a principle. They are uncommon but when I have meet someone in game saying I'm Pay to Win for having Armas items and that they don't have any Armas items, they say it pride and conviction! I meant what i said about them being adamant in not wanting to spend money.

But again it a very small minority.

 

Unfortunately a lot of shooter Massive Multiplayer Online games, Battle Royale Games and Free to Play games (including mobile) use Loot Boxes and premium currency to get income for their games.

I don't need to remind you that EA's BattleFront 2 caused many country's sovernments to stop and consider if lootboxers are gambling

RuneScape 2 has a good 90% of it's game locked behind a paid monthly subscription, Never played World of War Craft but I think it's entire game is a subscription service from what I heard in the past.

 

One thing I will say I have observed is there is often hype around the newest and latest content, and there may be a bit of a frenzy to get it from Armas even if it is from a Joker Mystery Box.

 

If you're going to release Armas exlcusive content to contacts in game for leasing out, well you're I think something is going to be needed to compensate for the income deficit.

Yes some people may buy some of those guns permanatly but the population of APB right now is under 1000 players at peak hours... 

 

 

I am not suggesting loot boxes or (premium) subscription restricted content is the way forward for APB and nor would I personally want those, That post was a set of observations and a broad idea of what the wider gaming industry does as businesses. I'm not sure why you've given me a down vote for but those are the options others considers and those options would not be appropriate or favoured by the APB community.

 

25 minutes ago, XanHighwind said:

I think i would really like to be able to lease most of armas, if not all armas weapons so i can trial them for a period longer than 30minutes, just so i can get the feel of the weapon and decide if i want to purchase it, because now i feel like purchasing the armas weapons feels more like a gamble, as i don't know how the weapon will perform in longer periods, example i'd really like to try out the weapons gated behind packs like Revalations weapons (Please remove the pack gate, let me buy some weapons without buying the whole pack) but i can't even trial them, let alone lease them.

It has been suggested that leases should be extended and I think LO are looking into it.

Again LO have heard the feedback of Bundled/Packed gear and the Deal of the week was their answer. It is a lot of work to unbundled packs for every single item unfortunately.

Edited by VickyFox

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, VickyFox said:

Most people would be happy to buy a perm version of a gun if they got to trail it first for free, there is a very small minority that just do not understand that Free to Play games need some source of income and take the term Free to Play seriously as a principle. They are uncommon but when I have meet someone in game saying I'm Pay to Win for having Armas items and that they don't have any Armas items, they say it pride and conviction! I meant what i said about them being adamant in not wanting to spend money.

But again it a very small minority.

 

Unfortunately a lot of shooter Massive Multiplayer Online games, Battle Royale Games and Free to Play games (including mobile) use Loot Boxes and premium currency to get income for their games.

I don't need to remind you that EA's BattleFront 2 caused many country's sovernments to stop and consider if lootboxers are gambling

RuneScape 2 has a good 90% of it's game locked behind a paid monthly subscription, Never played World of War Craft but I think it's entire game is a subscription service from what I heard in the past.

 

One thing I will say I have observed is there is often hype around the newest and latest content, and there may be a bit of a frenzy to get it from Armas even if it is from a Joker Mystery Box.

 

If you're going to release Armas exlcusive content to contacts in game for leasing out, well you're I think something is going to be needed to compensate for the income deficit.

Yes some people may buy some of those guns permanatly but the population of APB right now is under 1000 players at peak hours... 

 

 

I am not suggesting loot boxes or (premium) subscription restricted content is the way forward for APB and nor would I personally want those, That post was a set of observations and a broad idea of what the wider gaming industry does as businesses. I'm not sure why you've given me a down vote for but those are the options others considers and those options would not be appropriate or favoured by the APB community.

 

It has been suggested that leases should be extended and I think LO are looking into it.

Again LO have heard the feedback of Bundled/Packed gear and the Deal of the week was their answer. It is a lot of work to unbundled packs for every single item unfortunately.

That is why I suggested doing it after some time lets be real we have a massive back log of weapons that have been sitting on armas for quite a long time and if they were to even add one gun to each new contact it would take quite a while to get to anything new. Either way releasing them will make people mad (cause lets be honest people like getting mad) I can understand liking the idea of having something exclusive but I just personally like seeing everyone having the option to play the way they want. I do agree though that the people that are almost zealous about not paying money for free to play games are kind of mental but I also don't see them more then a handful of times till they just disappear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...