XanHighwind

Some Suggestions for devs from experience.

Let me start this by saying that this is not the subjective 100%.
I played this game for a while now (started in 2014) and i know a thing or two lets say.
Anyways, would like to give my ideas for improving the game, and mostly to be more welcoming for new players.

I tried to get some of my friends into this game, but it never worked, and based off what they said what they didn't like, i wanna see it improved upon some of these things.

Number 1
Increase the Cash gain from Missions!

My friend started the game, 2 hours in he goes to the marketplace and sees some cool vehicle, afterwards he asks me how to get the X amount of money fast so he can buy it.
I didn't know what to tell him, but i had to tell him its a tedious grind unfortunately.
I don't want that, Premium is great but make it so the cash you get with Premium is standard amount, and Premium doubles it!
That way Premium has more value and would be bought more often, and players without would get money faster, which results in a more fluid ingame market.
Farming almost an entire day for one Level 3 weapon mod is simply not fun nor is it progression.

Number 2
Removed Rank Restrictions on Mods,Vehicles etc,
"Wow i can move faster while aiming, now i need that for my Assault Rifle! Can i buy that?"
My friend was quite happy to see you don't have to move so slow in ADS thanks to the Mobility Sling, however i had to disappoint him AGAIN by telling him you have to be Rank 195 to be able to use it.
Such things are silly, why a rank restriction on a mod,vehicle or anything like that? 195 is more experienced for sure but it doesn't do anything, just limits the sales of said mods and limits mod builds of lower level players!
Mostly Modifications, if i could choose one thing to remove rank restrictions for, even though i would remove them all.
It takes over 200h to get to r195, maybe much much more, and raising rank is so slow its a bit painful to realise it will take hundreds more just so you can move faster while aiming down sights or if you want to remotely detonate your car.

Number 3
Remove all unnecessary costs.
"This cash grind really is slow isn't it", he says as he notices his wallet isn't reaching any bigger number anytime soon.
It really is, and one of primary reasons is that half of your mission reward is eaten by things like Car spawning and Purchasing ammo.
This was a cool concept early on but nowadays it doesn't help, it doesn't add to the depth, nor does it make it more interesting.
It is simply eating your cash that you already have trouble getting, and it needs to go away.

Number 4
Weapon balance doesn't have to be perfect, but it should be fun.
"How is this dude just strafing and killing me from this range?!" as he falls victim to the Joker Carbine.
Gun balance can't be perfect here, and it shouldn't honestly, but at least balance out things that don't require skill to pubstomp, and tone down secondaries like RFP and Colby 45 AP a bit so they aren't stronger than most primaries.
Guns like Joker Carbine, 45 AP,Manic, the list can go on but these weapons remove the core shooter mechanics that should be fused with player skill to achieve success, and they create mindless gameplay that becomes a point&click adventure.

Anyways this was all from me, i bet some might not agree, some might, i only care about the developers seeing this and taking some of my advice, as this was mostly experience my new players, not me.
Late night writing from me so its a bit lazy but i did my best.
Happy hunting in San Paro!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Number 1

My idea instead : special event for better cash gains and/or event like drug mule for a bigger cash flow.

Number 2

my idea : no current opinion or ideas

Number 3

my idea : see #1 but also an event to have a week or two of no ammo costs would be interesting but that's if it can be coded easily enough with no bugs or other drawbacks

Number 4
Weapon balance doesn't have to be perfect, but it should be fun.

my idea ; can not be currently done properly and other things that should be done first like finishing the engine upgrade. these current major issues are difficult as well as  time consuming so its one or the other

other ideas : random package pick ups to turn into contacts - dynamic event to where you just grab it and turn it in if you find it. you're not the only enf or crim in the city youre just the "official" ones if they "lose it" then it appears so just turn it in. their loss is your gain sort of story

king of the kill zone event. - time alive and in charge gives cash as long as opp req is met - phasing event sort of thing.

certain map parts like near justin teng where that art center is can be edited for a race track like how beacon was. doesnt have to be anything spectacular just need checkpoints n such

use the bridge and lap the art center would work. would need a car physics edit so that APB would allow you to re flip your car over though.

other persons ideas : witch queen video had a dump truck duel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_r9rUb7d10

Edited by Fortune Runner

15 hours ago, axel990 said:

Number 1

My friend started the game, 2 hours in he goes to the marketplace and sees some cool vehicle, afterwards he asks me how to get the X amount of money fast so he can buy it.
I didn't know what to tell him, but i had to tell him its a tedious grind unfortunately.
I don't want that, Premium is great but make it so the cash you get with Premium is standard amount, and Premium doubles it!
That way Premium has more value and would be bought more often, and players without would get money faster, which results in a more fluid ingame market.
Farming almost an entire day for one Level 3 weapon mod is simply not fun nor is it progression.

What you are suggesting is inflation, basically the real world equivalent of just printing more money so people can shop more and makes markets more active...

The problem is  if you increase the pay for everyone... Who is to say people selling won't raise the prices of items in market to meet the money's new value, there is no rule against it!

Yes everyone gets more money but in response, everything on the market will become more expensive sooner or later.

Within a day you will notice prices on the marketplace go up.

Number 2
"Wow i can move faster while aiming, now i need that for my Assault Rifle! Can i buy that?"
My friend was quite happy to see you don't have to move so slow in ADS thanks to the Mobility Sling, however i had to disappoint him AGAIN by telling him you have to be Rank 195 to be able to use it.

Now I do agree that some content unlocked at some higher ranks makes no sense at all...

I mean vehicle brick mods... a f-cking brick is unlocked at 195... How any criminal not get a brick in San Paro?! Forget being a computer game, that make no logical sense at all.

For mobility sling, sorry but it's a luxury but i would suggest it goes down to about rank 100 or so. 195 does seem a bit high, High magnification scope should stay where it is I feel.

Number 3
"This cash grind really is slow isn't it", he says as he notices his wallet isn't reaching any bigger number anytime soon.
It really is, and one of primary reasons is that half of your mission reward is eaten by things like Car spawning and Purchasing ammo.
This was a cool concept early on but nowadays it doesn't help, it doesn't add to the depth, nor does it make it more interesting.
It is simply eating your cash that you already have trouble getting, and it needs to go awa

To maintain a economy, there does need to be some money drains to stop the rich people getting infinitely rich forever and ever without anything to stop them.

Taxes normally do this which is 20% on APB's market place but there is also the Car Spawners and Joker ammo vending machines.

What could be suggested is to have the costs lower for lower ranks and then costs of car spawn and ammo increased when you get higher ranks. while it may seem like the game is harder for higher ranks then, it is easier on the wallet for new players.

Unfortunately the Market place tax cannot be changed or people will exploit it with new characters to try and get around the tax.

This shouldn't affect the market greatly but rather redistributes where the money is and goes.

I absolutely agree with #2.  I'd have to agree with Vicky on #1 and #3 though.  I hate that you have to lease guns, it only makes it more difficult for new players and doesn't have any effect on the ones nearing the halfway point (or anyone that buys a perm gun on Armas), but the other costs I feel are necessary money sinks.