Sign in to follow this  
Deedeedying

giving my friend a Christmas pressent

I wanted to buy gun for my friend from armasmarket place but there is no option gift is there any other way ? :( i wanted to buy some guns for christmas for him :(

Gifting was removed because too many people were using charge backs on throwaway accounts, sending stuff to their mains, and it took too much time and effort for LO to deal with all the investigations and punishments for those responsible.

Too many people abused the gifting system in bugs and exploits to get what they wanted costing the company time and money to deal with these acts. It takes only a group of people to ruin it for the rest of us. I know numerous of people who wanted to gift after it was taken down. S A D~
I think the only way is if it's linked to steam you can buy them a steam gift for steam wallet and they can use that to buy stuff from ARMAs Marketplace. I am not sure about the other cards and transactions that work with ARMAs marketplace for trade for currency of G1C.

this was posted 3 months ago.

5 hours ago, LovelyJasmine said:

Too many people abused the gifting system in bugs and exploits to get what they wanted costing the company time and money to deal with these acts. It takes only a group of people to ruin it for the rest of us. I know numerous of people who wanted to gift after it was taken down. S A D~
I think the only way is if it's linked to steam you can buy them a steam gift for steam wallet and they can use that to buy stuff from ARMAs Marketplace. I am not sure about the other cards and transactions that work with ARMAs marketplace for trade for currency of G1C.

there were no bugs, the only exploit was using stolen creditcards or using chargeback to get others banned (which they probably had to do or it'd get exploited to get "free" weapons...)

there's no real fix for this except only allowing safe payment methods that don't allow any kind of chargebacks... which unfortunately limits the possibilities severely.

alternatively they could remove the gifted items from said account after a chargeback or ask for the accountowner to pay for what was charged back

the former would still have issues since it increases the workload but also allows players to get weapons "free" temporarily without penalty. even a 3 strike rule wouldn't solve this longterm. maybe those players could somehow proof it wasn't them (close to impossible in age of vpns etc) but it would still create room for exploitation

the latter would mean holding the account as hostage for something you might've not even wanted and would still leave the same room for exploitation - scamming people out of their money instead of the account

a voluntary opt-in gift system where you agree to take responsibility in case of chargebacks seems another reasonable thing but watch people complain about the company anyway if they get fucked because they weren't careful enough

removing the gift system was probably best quick solution that completely got rid of all problems - whilst sacrificing own sales. which is a quite fair move.

but yes, gift them money on paypal or steam instead

Edited by neophobia

6 hours ago, neophobia said:

there were no bugs, the only exploit was using stolen creditcards or using chargeback to get others banned (which they probably had to do or it'd get exploited to get "free" weapons...)

there's no real fix for this except only allowing safe payment methods that don't allow any kind of chargebacks... which unfortunately limits the possibilities severely.

alternatively they could remove the gifted items from said account after a chargeback or ask for the accountowner to pay for what was charged back

the former would still have issues since it increases the workload but also allows players to get weapons "free" temporarily without penalty. even a 3 strike rule wouldn't solve this longterm. maybe those players could somehow proof it wasn't them (close to impossible in age of vpns etc) but it would still create room for exploitation

the latter would mean holding the account as hostage for something you might've not even wanted and would still leave the same room for exploitation - scamming people out of their money instead of the account

a voluntary opt-in gift system where you agree to take responsibility in case of chargebacks seems another reasonable thing but watch people complain about the company anyway if they get fucked because they weren't careful enough

removing the gift system was probably best quick solution that completely got rid of all problems - whilst sacrificing own sales. which is a quite fair move.

but yes, gift them money on paypal or steam instead

I heard there was bug or exploit where player 1 has the character bound weapon (not sure if bought or were buying at same time) and they would it gift to their friend as a character bound weapon and it becomes an account bound weapon somehow. I'm not sure how that was exploited.

Sign in to follow this