Sign in to follow this  
Bornstellar

Launcher Woes

I have two odd bugs when launching my game from Steam.

One is that it always reinstalls DirectX when I boot the launcher. This takes like 30 seconds which can get annoying.

The second bug is every time I hit "PLAY", after it's done with DirectX, it opens my internet browser with a page saying "LIKE us on Facebook!" with a piece of art from APB and a blank box.

Is this common or just me? Any way to fix it?

right, try clear your Windows Registry, 

launch of game your os remembers a "first launch" after installed or give "any" finish position os do registration of it at Windows Registry and that all after this. (you can see DXintall after verifying files at steam, everytime...)

about link just close it. 

*if not help I do refer to install clear/original os to your machine

Edited by Dahel

42 minutes ago, Anudureju said:

right, try clear your Windows Registry, 

launch of game your os remembers a "first launch" after installed or give "any" finish position os do registration of it at Windows Registry and that all after this. (you can see DXintall after verifying files at steam, everytime...)

about link just close it. 

*if not help I do refer to install clear/original os to your machine

I've done all of your suggestions.

My OS is a brand new install on an M.2 SSD so I don't think that's the issue.

Thanks for the help, though!

I can replicate your issue

at steam -> do a file verification (it's always replaces several files) -> run game = new DXinstallation.

close a game and repeat as described on top. at point maybe you need wrote down to steam support as they are responsible about file corruptible and why steam "thinks" it is new launch.

I'm one of players who used only G1 direct account no steam punk

Edited by Dahel

In Windows 10 this worked for me;

;

To be honest, we need a new launcher anyway. It's crap from the very beginning. I recall sending Jotunblut a message many years ago offering to make a new one for free, which they could then tie into their own systems. It was a no from him, sadly.

There are two fixes to it running DirectX startup every time, go to \steamapps\common\apb reloaded\_CommonRedist\vcredist\2012 and delete installscript.vdf, now try again, it should run DirectX setup once more and then never again, but if it continues to set up every time, you can also try to delete or rename the vcredist_*.exe files located in the same folder you deleted installscript.vdf from.