Darkzero3802

Proof Shredder Is Imbalanced

3 hours ago, Virgil said:

Just going to say something.

If a gun was broken before, and nobody noticed because it was used, and now that people complain about it because it's used, it doesn't make it any less broken. You can stop repeating that bullshoot.
It was never broken before though. It was broken when they overbuffed it. So you can stop saying that it's bs. As soon as it gets fixed to what it should have been with it's higher ttk (they will Nerf it's ir3 range soon) and hopefully pellet Overkill it will be balanced. Not that anyone will actually use it when it gets rebalaned to what it should of been though.

5 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:
9 hours ago, Virgil said:

Just going to say something.

If a gun was broken before, and nobody noticed because it was used, and now that people complain about it because it's used, it doesn't make it any less broken. You can stop repeating that bullshoot.
It was never broken before though. It was broken when they overbuffed it. So you can stop saying that it's bs. As soon as it gets fixed to what it should have been with it's higher ttk (they will Nerf it's ir3 range soon) and hopefully pellet Overkill it will be balanced. Not that anyone will actually use it when it gets rebalaned to what it should of been though.
Alot of ppl will stop yes but u will find afew that keep using it. Ppl who tend to spend money use their purchased stuff to get their moneys worth.

On 9/15/2018 at 8:18 PM, Darkzero3802 said:
Alot of ppl will stop yes but u will find afew that keep using it. Ppl who tend to spend money use their purchased stuff to get their moneys worth.
I mean, i've used it for years, when it was uselses and not, so ill probably still use it anyways even when balanced. /shrug, as long as its not nerfed to the ground like i keep seeing people suggest.
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:
On 9/15/2018 at 8:18 PM, Darkzero3802 said:
I mean, i've used it for years, when it was uselses and not, so ill probably still use it anyways even when balanced. /shrug, as long as its not nerfed to the ground like i keep seeing people suggest.
Everything is to the ground in APB thats why it takes forever to kill someone

Working as intended.

Honestly, its fucking hilarious how shit Little Orbit is at balancing

1 hour ago, a Pair of Socks said:

Working as intended.

One attempt doesnt mean their shit at it. It means their learning. Why not let em get afew officially released patches under their belts before u start saying whether they are good or bad at it.

On 9/14/2018 at 8:01 PM, Siamsol said:
So you think it is fair if the Shredder has: Better consistency, better range, full-auto firing, drive-by mode, better pellet grouping, better hard damage, and a better ammo capacity - and a single downside of slightly longer TTK. That's balanced? You're extremely short-sighted.

Dog Ear and Artemis have Shredder-tier hard damage? ...Do you even think before you speak, or do you just pass off your opinions as fact? ALIG top-end hard DPS is 412. That's without CJ3, since it blooms too much with it. And hell, it's lower than that due to its base bloom, tap-firing it leaves it around 330 HDPS or less. Whereas the Shredder has a CJ3 HDPS of 305, which is pretty much guaranteed, and plus it can be done from a car window. So maybe my statement of it being completely better than ALIG is exaggerated, but it's close. Yet the Dog Ear sits at 243 HDPS, and the Artemis at 250 HDPS. That's a bit high, with the DMR-AV PR2 at 242 HDPS, but if the DMR-AV is balanced, so are these guns. Artemis with CJ3 tops out a bit higher, but since I'm not sure how it performs with that mod, I will not make a concrete statement.

Yet JG is 196 HDPS (210 with CJ3). Also, the JG is meant to have high hard damage as a shotgun. The CSG is a JG competitor, made for the specific purpose of being better against people than the JG - and the CSG tops out at 170 HDPS, thus reaffirming the JG's role. So why does the Shredder deserve to have 150% of the hard damage of the JG, on top of all of its other benefits? Hard damage that out-classes all of the other guns that are literally dedicated to having hard damage as a selling-point? Hell, take the NFAS as an example, since you seem to think that being an automatic-shotgun somehow grants it magical car-destroying rights. NFAS is 189 HDPS, 204 with CJ3 (lol good luck hitting with CJ though). As a fully automatic shotgun, it does LESS hard damage. BECAUSE THAT'S PART OF WHAT MAKES IT BALANCED. In no situation will NFAS compete with a JG for hard damage with how much the NFAS misses.

And you know what, just to make my point easier to understand, here's a table: https://i.imgur.com/D14LdGq.png

While doing this table, I also added values for the Shredder after its rate-of-fire nerf. Note that it only gets moved down to the category of hard-damage-specializing weapons, still out-performing all other shotguns by a huge margin. Remember that being hard-damage-specializing is reason enough to nerf other parts of a gun to make it balanced, so the Shredder still maintains abnormally high HDPS as one of it's massive advantages.

Stop passing your opinion off as fact. Everything you say is literally provably wrong, over and over. Please never give balance 'advice' ever again.

And hey, LO? Please look at that table. Double-check it yourself, and realize the Shredder needs more nerfing. C'mon.
Do YOU even think before you speak? Your table just proved my point about the Artemis and Dog ear doing way higher amounts of damage to vehicles compared to other weapons. According to your own table, the Artemis and Shredder will have the exact same hard damage per second once they revert the rate of fire LMAO. Also the Shredder has always been one of the best shotguns to use for drive bys or against vehicles, so why is it only an issue now?

Yes I do think it's fine for the shredder as an automatic shotgun to have better range, accuracy, and ammo capacity because it's not an NFAS. The only thing those two weapons have in common is that they are both automatic shotguns. One kills you almost immediately but has garbage accuracy and therefore range, the other out-ranges all other shotguns but has the 2nd slowest TTK of all shotguns only being faster than the Strife or pump shotguns with IR3. Even then it will still be out-ranged by pretty much any assault rifle which isn't the ACES.

I thoroughly tested the Shredder's range in OTW with friends and we found the shotgun could only 3 shot kill within around 25 to 27 meters. regardless of if IR3 was installed or not. Basically if you're over 30 meters, the enemy has to take at least 4 shots and cannot kill you under 1.20 seconds. If they're using CJ3 where the 3 shot kill range is reduced to around 23 meters, then the minimum TTK beyond that point becomes 1.17 seconds at 4 shots. If you're somehow still managing to lose consistently against a Shredder from over 35 meters, you're probably a bronze. Edited by notHunky
  • Like 1

On 9/17/2018 at 2:51 PM, Darkzero3802 said:
On 9/17/2018 at 1:37 PM, a Pair of Socks said:

Working as intended.

One attempt doesnt mean their shit at it. It means their learning. Why not let em get afew officially released patches under their belts before u start saying whether they are good or bad at it.
there have been a few fucking official patches since they broke the shotgun so your point is now meaningless.

also, do you think that if they gave a shit about them being so overpoweringly broken and heard everysingle member of the communitys side about it... that they'd fix it right away??

On 9/29/2018 at 12:01 PM, a Pair of Socks said:
there have been a few fucking official patches since they broke the shotgun so your point is now meaningless.

also, do you think that if they gave a shit about them being so overpoweringly broken and heard everysingle member of the communitys side about it... that they'd fix it right away??
When I orig posted this there was no patch yet.