Sign in to follow this  
gordoIsMyName

Game Struggles in Today's Marketplace

On 8/27/2018 at 4:15 PM, uraputz said:
  • no new player enjoyment
  • hacking (triggerbots/aimbots/esp)
  • toxic player base
  • server lag issues

that's my take on the large reasons the game is struggling in today's market.

the players get rolled into fighting experienced players and find it a miserable experience. they run to the mission point and sometimes have their own teammates kill them or say toxic things to them in chat. not exactly 'fun' for the new player. then it's 'quite game, uninstall, leave negative review on Steam, playing another title...'.

whatever your opinion on the hacking, there are just a lot of "hmmmmm' episodes you experience while playing that are hard to explain. that does not build playing confidence in the game and does not build confidence in buying in-game items from Armas or for paying for a Premium account. with no financial support the game can't exist.

these are lot of the same struggles H1Z1 has faced. and their solution is potentially taking the game BACK to not being free, manually hunting down and banning hackers and manually patrolling the game for toxic players... all with instant bans from the game. and remember, H1Z1 had a players base of over 89k online at the same time at one point. and now, it is down to 4k. not all the decline has come from these issues, but they played a major role in the games demise.
Let's assume that there is a handful of hackers, ravaging the streets of San Paro, no ban on the horizon. They're far from the issue that veteran players who've never taken a break from the game are. To you, as well as to the closet hackers.

Not sure why are you mentioning H1Z1's solution if they're down to as many players as APB has.

On 8/27/2018 at 5:20 PM, Mozie said:

You got no clue what you're talking about, all games except for gw2 has toxic community.

Do you know whats worse than a toxic community? a victimized community.

guess you never encountered a guild-mom in gw2 and overly thirsty guildmates when one woman/girl enters teamspeak/the guild in general.
this is not just as bad as other mmos but possibly even worse.

19 minutes ago, neophobia said:
guess you never encountered a guild-mom in gw2 and overly thirsty guildmates when one woman/girl enters teamspeak/the guild in general.
this is not just as bad as other mmos but possibly even worse.
Well that's because I've played sPVP since the betas, people are just more confident over ts/disco so guys who dont talk to girls irl are confident to do so online.

On 8/27/2018 at 11:20 AM, Mozie said:

all games except for gw2 has toxic community.

You're just not looking in the right places.  Though I did have fun watching the meta die then make them watch me finish the boss solo that one time.  They looted the chest then rage quit the group.

Edited by Shikoba

1 hour ago, Shikoba said:
You're just not looking in the right places.  Though I did have fun watching the meta die then make them watch me finish the boss solo that one time.  They looted the chest then rage quit the group.

Im not looking in the right places? What do you mean by that?
Only time I've played meta in gw2 is when they nerfed the meta so what I played became meta.

Sign in to follow this