Marinesoul1009

Remove or Change The Threat System

Hello i would like to see the threat system changed or removed because i need to get into waterfront but the only waterfront with players is a bronze threat one and i am always gold and i mean ALWAYS i could go silver but its just for one round and i am back up to gold, the current game population does not really support such a system, back then it did but now i can't even join Waterfront when i NEED to go there for my contacts i have been looking at the server list for 2/3 days now and have yet to see a SIlver Waterfront to join.

So ways to fix this is to either:

1. Make it so gold can join bronze 
2. Be able to pledge to Waterfront contacts from Financial
3. Just remove the system all together or disable it which ever is easiest.

Please do something because i need waterfront and i don't really want to dethreat.

Image of what it usually looks like: https://gyazo.com/6bcbd9fd6c7d65c73650d986eceb4623

Edited by Marinesoul1009

37 minutes ago, Marinesoul1009 said:

1. Make it so gold can join bronze   
2. Be able to pledge to Waterfront contacts from Financial
3. Just remove the system all together or disable it which ever is easiest.

1. Yeah no bad idea, gold people in bronze are terrible so they should not be called gold in the first place, bronze is for newbies to train.
2. Yeah this is helpful
3. We have OC for a reason.

2 minutes ago, MoeEveryWeek said:
1. Yeah no bad idea, gold people in bronze are terrible so they should not be called gold in the first place, bronze is for newbies to train.
2. Yeah this is helpful
3. We have OC for a reason.
The image i placed shows OC pretty well.

1, This is somewhat how threat worked prior to Q1 2013 patches that introduced the points system alongside semi-segregated districts. Anyone could join any district, but were penalised for joining those in a much lower threat than their own (gold in bronze lost something like 40% of cash and standing). Used to be much easier for newbies to get into the game (speaking from experience - I joined just a few weeks before this patch).

2. Maybe as a temporary solution until the big future updates, sure, but not permanent. It would just make for far less variety in the game (not that there currently is much anyway) - no one would play on Waterfront, given the option (which we see right now). Once the engine upgrade is out, servers are improved, and we have cross-district matchmaking then we'll see an increase in player count again and start filling up both.  Just have to wait and hope LO can really turn things around.

3. Disabling/hiding threat completely will be the final nail in the coffin for APB. No one played on Open Conflict for a reason, with it having non-existant matchmaking, where a single trainee was matched up against a group of four R200+. What SHOULD be done is they revert a majority of changes G1 made after Q1 2013 (see above) as that's where things started going downhill.

What I could suggest is trying to get a group of friends or a clan together to do organised matches there, you're not the only one that's fed up that you can't level up right now.

Edited by Kiida

3 minutes ago, Kiida said:

1, This is somewhat how threat worked prior to Q1 2013 patches that introduced the points system alongside semi-segregated districts. Anyone could join any district, but were penalised for joining those in a much lower threat than their own (gold in bronze lost something like 40% of cash and standing). Used to be much easier for newbies to get into the game (speaking from experience - I joined just a few weeks before this patch).

2. Maybe as a temporary solution until the big future updates, sure, but not permanent. It would just make for far less variety in the game (not that there currently is much anyway) - no one would play on Waterfront, given the option (which we see right now). Once the engine upgrade is out, servers are improved, and we have cross-district matchmaking then we'll see an increase in player count again and start filling up both.  Just have to wait and hope LO can really turn things around.

3. Disabling/hiding threat completely will be the final nail in the coffin for APB. No one played on Open Conflict for a reason, with it having non-existant matchmaking, where a single trainee was matched up against a group of four R200+. What SHOULD be done is they revert a majority of changes G1 made after Q1 2013 (see above) as that's where things started going downhill.

What I could suggest is trying to get a group of friends or a clan together to do organised matches there, you're not the only one that's fed up that you can't level up right now.

I'm pretty much done with financial i literally have one contact that is lvl 7 right now and rest are waterfront so once i am leveled up i will probably have to just load up the game and see if waterfront has pop if not just try another day, But i went on bronze waterfront and i saw Gold weapons and level 130+ in every single match so i think a majority (NOT ALL of course) of players are de-threaters trying to get into waterfront. I even had a few matches on bronze where someone was gold on my team and they did nothing hoping to get back down to silver to stay in the server.

I honestly don't know at the end of the day when i had played YEARS ago everything was fine but now with the population i feel like there needs to be some sacrifices until population can get back up.

From: Someone who just wants to do contacts so he can get better equipment/cars