Sign in to follow this  
Virgil

Completely Overhaul Spawn System

Before, it was infuriating not being able to pick your spawns and you were forced into specific, bad locations that were easily predictable and pushable.

Now, you have the same system as before, but you get to pick your spawns. This further reinforces how bad the system was, because, it seems in many missions you win or lose based on spawns. People should never be getting spawns more than 150m from an objective, especially as their only option, especially when in that same instance you have the opposite team spawning on the point.

In the past 4 hours alone, i've lost a capture mission with a lead because our team was wiped and our spawns were poor. The only spawn open for me was 400m away, and on my respawn there, it moved my entire teams respawn back as well. Why? why is that a thing?

I've also had another mission where we were able to get a 200ish meter YD/TD objective instantly, because I died as the stage ended, and guess what? It let me spawn 15 meters from the objective.

Both of the above examples should really never happen, and the system doesn't really make sense seeing as how everyone who plays a bit knows where the preset spawns are, and knows what ones would be reasonable to have available and what isn't reasonable.

Car spawners were added as G1's half-assed solution to this issue, and theyve only made it worse as they aren't really balanced. There are many instances of people spawning in car spawners less than 20m from an enemy, and the normal spawn system wont let you spawn within a football field of an enemy. Again, another thing that needs to be looked at.

I've probably left a few things out, but yeah, point made.

• Like 1

i agree the spawn system needs an overhaul but imo its something that needs to be done manually, and therefore its a pretty huge task

What they need to do is show all spawns on the map, not just the small set you get on the death screen. Then, have the system block spawns based on objective locations. It might be better to have this done on the user's client so there's less server load, but I could see this being a security issue.

7 hours ago, MrsHappyPenguin said:

What they need to do is show all spawns on the map, not just the small set you get on the death screen. Then, have the system block spawns based on objective locations. It might be better to have this done on the user's client so there's less server load, but I could see this being a security issue.

i feel like this would be really exploitable for seeing enemy locations based on spawn denials

14 hours ago, BXNNXD said:
21 hours ago, MrsHappyPenguin said:

i feel like this would be really exploitable for seeing enemy locations based on spawn denials
If spawns were limited to 150M from objectives it wouldn't be as easy to exploit.

For me it kinda seems like the spawns are based on where you died. Say for example if the objective marker changed to the opposite end of the map, killing the enemy would not allow them to spawn across the map beside the objective, but only to spawn relatively close to where they died. This allows you to "hold them off" so that in order for them to spawn near the objective's general location they have to physically get there in order to move their spawns closer to the objective. That's kinda how I think it works. It's backed up by the fact that if you die farther from the objective, your spawns typically move farther as if to show your team is being pushed back by the enemy. 

This can be annoying though since it punishes you for getting killed and makes it harder to make a comeback. At the same time though if you hold off an objective successfully it would give you a reasonable amount of time to resupply and prepare for the next wave of opposition.