Sign in to follow this  
MattScott

Open Letter to the Fallen Earth Community

Hello Fallen Earth community,

My name is Matthew Scott and I’m the CEO of Little Orbit.

Today we have announced the acquisition of GamersFirst, and many other assets including Fallen Earth. To go along with that announcement, I thought I would take some time and write a personal letter to you.

Let me start by sharing an introduction to Little Orbit so you can get to know us. We started as a small game developer in 2003, and in the last 8 years we have grown into a small retail publisher. We are not a big studio, and trust me, you wont find any of our previous titles impressive. But recently we have started taking steps to transition into the publisher we want to be.

Fallen Earth was the first game I played at GamersFirst. I had the unique opportunity to meet the very small team of dedicated folks that help keep the game alive, before they knew Little Orbit would be acquiring everything. I saw their love of Fallen Earth and their frustration with the inability to properly support everyone. I got to see the passion of several internal employees who worked tirelessly to put on our first event in years.

I also got to play the game, and I was pleasantly surprised by how fun it was. 

We have a lot to do in the next 30 days. Expect to see GDPR updates for GamersFirst including new privacy policies, code of conduct, and term & conditions. We will also be cleaning up the social pages, implementing a new forum, showcasing a general roadmap and announcing a significant change to our banning and cheating policies.

This is all critical for setting up an environment where you can give us feedback.

Nothing is going to happen overnight with Fallen Earth. But it's clear to me that there is something special here worth rebuilding. We need to spend more time mapping out exactly what that looks like.

I look forward to sharing more information with you soon.
Thank you for your patience and support.

Sincerely,
Matthew Scott

(Reposted from forums-old)
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2