Sign in to follow this  
Zolerox

New Friends List System Is Flawed

With the new friends/ignore list system from the recent update (obviously going for a Steam style)
You can not add people if they are not Online.

Steam you can they don't have to say yes but you don't need to stalk them wait for them to go online and then add them You can't even send them a message in their mailbox for example.
"Hey we had a fun match together you told me to add you then you crashed lol Add me k?"
Because you both need to be online at the same time.

I'm not waiting for someone Specific to show up just to add them.

This could be a bug and non intended (not even in the patch notes or mentioned officially)

@Androvald

P.S This "issue" was caused because the new friends system uses the same "Would you like to invite your recent teammates to a group" Prompt after you complete a mission for adding new friends (as you can notice by the 60 second timer) So this prompt can't trigger if the recipient is offline.

could be a bug, but you're right,  having the alert like a group invite only works, for instance,  if you friend a teammate you just played with.  If it's not a bug they may have just had the mindset that you'd only be adding people you just met.  As opposed to adding old friends back that you already know,  but aren't online.  Hopefully an easy fix. 

Sign in to follow this