BrandonBranderson

Fixing Broken Vehicles

17 hours ago, trashpanda said:

I think everything related to vehicles need an overhaul. Currently APB vehicles feel as if their top speed is 50 KM/H and as if they’re gliding on the road instead of actually driving, just as if you’re playing with a toy car on a table. Cars need to handle and accelerate a lot more realistically, and also act very differently on impact. Currently, in crashes, they simply bounce off or slow down, with minimal damage to the hull. (I’m guessing the current engine doesn’t allow many changes to be made, whether it be handling, top speed, or crash aftermath) Cars should behave as if they would in the event of a crash. Even GTA V, has far better vehicle mechanics, regardless of being crapped on compared to GTA IV. I know it’s a HUGE amount of work to re-do it completely, I’m sure UE has more realistic default car crash physics which can be used to improve upon.

Anyway, my intention wasn’t to create any  conflict or to criticize LO’s work, especially since they haven’t done any on vehicles just yet. Wanted to get my opinion out there. Small adjustments to specific vehicles would be nice, but the whole system needs rework in my opinion.

While at it, NPC vehicles also need work. Their behaviour is completely irrational, as they will completely freeze once lightly tapped. They will also not move if there’s an obstacle on the road.
Believe it or not, the vehicles in the game, specifically the Vegas, max out at 23 m/s which is equal to 51.## mph, or 82.8 km/h (not even highway speeds)
Since the Vegas is the fastest in the game (without nos, just stock cars).

Considering how much of the game is based on the vehicles, and missions sometimes requiring driving across the map, the mechanics must be certainly engineered in that spaghetti code.

I agree, some adjustments need to be made to promote more diversity with the vehicles, the meta Vegas's and Pioneers are certainly boring.

NPC's are pretty simple, they do move if given enough time to observe them, they'll go around in the next lane over. However, if the civ vehicle gets hit, if it moves (what it thinks is on it's original course, it'd be just off, if even a little, but enough to skew it off the road. etc. This should be able to be worked on after the engine update.

4 hours ago, Sergsininia said:
NPC's are pretty simple, they do move if given enough time to observe them, they'll go around in the next lane over. However, if the civ vehicle gets hit, if it moves (what it thinks is on it's original course, it'd be just off, if even a little, but enough to skew it off the road. etc. This should be able to be worked on after the engine update.
It'd be funny as hell if the civi drivers were given GTA like AI, where the slightest thing causes them to freak out and run down a crowd waiting to cross the road.

16 hours ago, BrandonBranderson said:
20 hours ago, Sergsininia said:
It'd be funny as hell if the civi drivers were given GTA like AI, where the slightest thing causes them to freak out and run down a crowd waiting to cross the road.
Well they don’t even react to 50 cal rifles pointed at their faces so it needs a change lol

First time I got in a Morai and tried to reverse, I thought my keyboard was broken.

Edited by CookiePuss