Sniperturtle

Mint APB$ Crypto-Currency

Hey,

just an idea to bring people (back) to the game:

Every time an APB$-Reward is given out (so missions or other activities) mint that reward as an actual crypto-currency and add it to the character's wallet.

Each character gets a wallet upon creation, the funds can be transferred freely between addresses on the same net, and traded at exchanges.

The whole thing could be a L3 based for example on Polygon. But ofc this would require the in-game purchasable item list to be increased.

If these are tradable outside APB for real cash, it will flood this game with farming bots, like what happened in TF2.

• Like 1

On 6/2/2024 at 12:30 PM, Sniperturtle said:

Hey,

just an idea to bring people (back) to the game:

Every time an APB$-Reward is given out (so missions or other activities) mint that reward as an actual crypto-currency and add it to the character's wallet.

Each character gets a wallet upon creation, the funds can be transferred freely between addresses on the same net, and traded at exchanges.

The whole thing could be a L3 based for example on Polygon. But ofc this would require the in-game purchasable item list to be increased.

On 6/4/2024 at 7:48 AM, BlatMan said:

If these are tradable outside APB for real cash, it will flood this game with farming bots, like what happened in TF2.

Sadly not only TF2, a lot of games are used for reclying dirty moneys in crypo or viceversa, some companies like GameForge based their profits mainly by  this business, not their players . . .

That's why years ago one of the reasons I was happy and thought LO may've been quite the serious company for the fact they continued keeping the mechanic of not making (except very few exceptions and legendaries ) armas restricted weapons, skins tradable and winnable from casual matchups.

On 6/4/2024 at 7:48 AM, BlatMan said:

Sounds like the solution to the low player base problem, since basically the only way to make APB$ is by interacting with other players, OR by interacting with the world in a manner that will allow other players to react to you.

Merged.

On 6/10/2024 at 1:35 AM, PingOVER9000 said:

Sadly not only TF2, a lot of games are used for reclying dirty moneys in crypo or viceversa, some companies like GameForge based their profits mainly by  this business, not their players . . .

That's why years ago one of the reasons I was happy and thought LO may've been quite the serious company for the fact they continued keeping the mechanic of not making (except very few exceptions and legendaries ) armas restricted weapons, skins tradable and winnable from casual matchups.

While i struggle to understand your definition of "dirty money" (and the ensuing insinuation here) you can rest assured that drug cartels and prostitution rings would most definitely not pick a game currency to store liquidity since the volatility of such assets is extremely high and usually points down unless a sufficient amount is burned in some way, say by in-game purchases. Either way it will not work as a financial security or commodity of any sort in the long run.

On 6/20/2024 at 12:09 PM, Sniperturtle said:

While i struggle to understand your definition of "dirty money" (and the ensuing insinuation here) you can rest assured that drug cartels and prostitution rings would most definitely not pick a game currency to store liquidity since the volatility of such assets is extremely high and usually points down unless a sufficient amount is burned in some way, say by in-game purchases. Either way it will not work as a financial security or commodity of any sort in the long run.

Say it again . . . 

https://tensig.eu/nl/insights/money-laundering-in-video-games

For clarify, I wasnt exactly reffering to just game currency, but more about NFT & cryptocurrencies.

Anyway You can just  google by yourself and see how much and so many example confirming you're inaccurate, and that it's just the tip of the iceberg. . . I dont know from where came such confidence and assurance which I don't care because your words already proved being inaccurate, honestly me too I am not very informed, but for the fact I've to work sometimes for security automation systems, sometimes I exchange two words with someone of the profession, so I can say and remind I was quite shocked too when they told me vague speech about how crazy it's becoming on the net.

And little info for you: the real chiefs behind cartels, mafia etc managing criminals actions are nowadays people with university degrees with legal activities at their names and respectable family at the eyes of the society... and Not just today, it's several decades, they can be engineers, lawyers, tech guys, "a bunch of things"...

As their fathers before sending them to college, the sons have learnt to apply the same rules aka try and testing any exploit for making their business and now, as businessmen themself, OFC they've learnt the first rule as entrepreneurs: NEVER invest everything and efforts on just one product/ activity... it can be successful and fruitful, but it can also gone bad one time for just losing everything.

On 6/23/2024 at 9:18 PM, PingOVER9000 said:

Say it again . . . 

https://tensig.eu/nl/insights/money-laundering-in-video-games

For clarify, I wasnt exactly reffering to just game currency, but more about NFT & cryptocurrencies.

Anyway You can just  google by yourself and see how much and so many example confirming you're inaccurate, and that it's just the tip of the iceberg. . . I dont know from where came such confidence and assurance which I don't care because your words already proved being inaccurate, honestly me too I am not very informed, but for the fact I've to work sometimes for security automation systems, sometimes I exchange two words with someone of the profession, so I can say and remind I was quite shocked too when they told me vague speech about how crazy it's becoming on the net.

And little info for you: the real chiefs behind cartels, mafia etc managing criminals actions are nowadays people with university degrees with legal activities at their names and respectable family at the eyes of the society... and Not just today, it's several decades, they can be engineers, lawyers, tech guys, "a bunch of things"...

As their fathers before sending them to college, the sons have learnt to apply the same rules aka try and testing any exploit for making their business and now, as businessmen themself, OFC they've learnt the first rule as entrepreneurs: NEVER invest everything and efforts on just one product/ activity... it can be successful and fruitful, but it can also gone bad one time for just losing everything.

So reading the article, the only thing of relevance to this suggestion i found was: "A criminal can play the game using a hacked or stolen account, earn cryptocurrency, and then exchange it for real-world money."

You see how they are struggling to make a valid point here since the only punishable legal offense in this example would be the means of acquiring the access data to the account which is the only thing that would make the person in this example be considered a criminal. While the rest are obviously considered breaches of the ToS they do not suffice as reasons for legal prosecution.

Let me point out to you that anything else mentioned in the article can already be done with APB as it is right now. A criminal can theoretically use unlaundered money from cash-cards and fill an entire account with shop items then sell the entire account, thereby effectively turning dirty money into clean money.

• Like 1

On 6/30/2024 at 8:52 AM, Sniperturtle said:

A criminal can theoretically use unlaundered money from cash-cards and fill an entire account with shop items then sell the entire account, thereby effectively turning dirty money into clean money.

It seems so, and also probabily much worse  ... Good, you learnt something new, I guess? 

Bye