Sign in to follow this  
BubbaJ

Steam account link

Hello. I want to link my steam account to my gamersfirst account. Created a ticket 3 days ago but didn't receive any answer. Anyone knows how long does this procedure takes?

It takes until support gets off there fat lazy asses to do it.

or if you used the same email as your steam account you should be able to just go ahead and do it.

4 hours ago, cowhorseman said:

or if you used the same email as your steam account you should be able to just go ahead and do it.

No, unfortunately I used different emails for my account here and Steam.

14 hours ago, BubbaJ said:

No, unfortunately I used different emails for my account here and Steam.

That's strange. Last time I was linking Steam account it basically just ask you for e-mail and password to link. And that's it. F2A is checked upon login.

Unless you need to first unlink account. In this case you need support because not a single dev though of such simple feature in-game...

Edited by Mitne

On 2/12/2024 at 1:17 AM, Mitne said:

That's strange. Last time I was linking Steam account it basically just ask you for e-mail and password to link. And that's it. F2A is checked upon login.

Unless you need to first unlink account. In this case you need support because not a single dev though of such simple feature in-game...

Umm... I've got a steam version of the game and when I start it there is a steam login button but when I press it, it gives me an error "PASSWORD EXPIRED." (error code 11002). It says to change my password for gamersfirst account, but after I changed it it didn't do anything, the error is still there.

9 hours ago, BubbaJ said:

Umm... I've got a steam version of the game and when I start it there is a steam login button but when I press it, it gives me an error "PASSWORD EXPIRED." (error code 11002). It says to change my password for gamersfirst account, but after I changed it it didn't do anything, the error is still there.

I changed my password twice for Gamersfirst account and never had error, only prompt to type new password when I tried to login through Steam.

This is bizzare. If you have time to kill, I would recommend clean reinstall of APB first. Doesn't hurt to try.

On 2/13/2024 at 2:27 PM, Mitne said:

I changed my password twice for Gamersfirst account and never had error, only prompt to type new password when I tried to login through Steam.

This is bizzare. If you have time to kill, I would recommend clean reinstall of APB first. Doesn't hurt to try.

Didn't help. After reinstalling I get the same 11002 error about my password being expired.

19 minutes ago, BubbaJ said:

Didn't help. After reinstalling I get the same 11002 error about my password being expired.

Then only support can help you.

4 hours ago, Mitne said:

Then only support can help you.

Oh my god I think I figured it out! It looks like I have 2 accounts for some reason - one of those is original that I created when I first bought the game (before reloaded) and it got migrated into gamersfirst and doesn't have link to steam, and the other one - is when APB Reloaded went to steam and I played on it too. So now I guess the question is - how to make the original account linked to the Steam? Should I delete the other account and change the email on my original one to the email I use for steam? Would it work?

On 2/15/2024 at 8:35 AM, BubbaJ said:

Oh my god I think I figured it out! It looks like I have 2 accounts for some reason - one of those is original that I created when I first bought the game (before reloaded) and it got migrated into gamersfirst and doesn't have link to steam, and the other one - is when APB Reloaded went to steam and I played on it too. So now I guess the question is - how to make the original account linked to the Steam? Should I delete the other account and change the email on my original one to the email I use for steam? Would it work?

Multiple other topics suggest that deletion of account which is linked is only way to link other one without contacting (dead) support.

If there is nothing worth of value on it, why not?

Edited by Mitne