Comp4ny

What is the Problem - 1 sec Lags

There used to be "tweaks" or unofficial solutions to fix the problem some time ago, but I can't find them anymore.

I am at a loss as to where and why these lags in the video are coming from.
They are different, not in every fight but also outside of that. But they make them come often in situations (in the middle of the fight) and you end up dying.

https://ody.sh/YY8nWTbMoO

A brief glimpse of these "freeze frames / lags".
The problem existed a few years ago, then there were manual adjustments, since then not only my hardware has become much better, but Windows also reinstalled the one or other time.

Someone ne idea?

These freezes happen when garbage collection runs. You can reduce how often it occurs or disable it, but it can cause other performance issues during longer play sessions.

Open this fire: APB Reloaded\Engine\Config\BaseEngine.ini. Find this at line 85: TimeBetweenPurgingPendingKillObjects=60

This is how often the garbage collection will run in seconds. Increasing it will cause it to run less often. I recommend 120 or 180. Setting it to 0 will disable it, but it will increase memory usage, and cause the game to run poorly after an hour or so, due to all the unused data saved in memory.

12 hours ago, BlatMan said:

These freezes happen when garbage collection runs. You can reduce how often it occurs or disable it, but it can cause other performance issues during longer play sessions.

Open this fire: APB Reloaded\Engine\Config\BaseEngine.ini. Find this at line 85: TimeBetweenPurgingPendingKillObjects=60

This is how often the garbage collection will run in seconds. Increasing it will cause it to run less often. I recommend 120 or 180. Setting it to 0 will disable it, but it will increase memory usage, and cause the game to run poorly after an hour or so, due to all the unused data saved in memory.

are you allowed to do this?

13 hours ago, BlatMan said:

I recommend 120 or 180. Setting it to 0 will disable it, but it will increase memory usage

recently cleaning GC is happening on the death screen

• Like 1

On 8/10/2023 at 9:58 PM, NRK said:

hey there!

try this out

First, thanks for the link!
Have seen that much has been changed in the config AND have tested it Financial, Waterfront and Asylum.

These lags are indeed so far gone.

BUT... that's the downside, after each game start it overwrites the file again. Means you have to start the launcher, then replace the file, then press "Play" in the launcher.

19 hours ago, BlatMan said:

These freezes happen when garbage collection runs.

Also thanks for the tip!

Problem as addressed in the quote above, any change to the file(s) must be done after the launcher start, as the launcher overwrites the change on each start.

But I'll give it a try.

Regarding the RAM capacity, currently have 32 GB.
Previously "only" 16 GB at my most active times.

Yes I know the problem that the game runs shit at some point and the mates then said "must restart APB".

@Gamersfirst

I do not understand why in all these years exactly such problems, which can be solved "easily", have not been solved.

On 8/11/2023 at 10:22 PM, Comp4ny said:

First, thanks for the link!
Have seen that much has been changed in the config AND have tested it Financial, Waterfront and Asylum.

These lags are indeed so far gone.

BUT... that's the downside, after each game start it overwrites the file again. Means you have to start the launcher, then replace the file, then press "Play" in the launcher.

Also thanks for the tip!

Problem as addressed in the quote above, any change to the file(s) must be done after the launcher start, as the launcher overwrites the change on each start.

But I'll give it a try.

Regarding the RAM capacity, currently have 32 GB.
Previously "only" 16 GB at my most active times.

Yes I know the problem that the game runs shit at some point and the mates then said "must restart APB".

@Gamersfirst

I do not understand why in all these years exactly such problems, which can be solved "easily", have not been solved.

to fix that you have to make a shortcut of APB.exe and add this to TARGET line -language=1031 -nomovies -nosplash  and then launch the game from this shortcut

Merged.

On 8/11/2023 at 3:49 PM, Bluequadre said:

are you allowed to do this?

yes you are

12 hours ago, eue said:

recently cleaning GC is happening on the death screen

I saw GC notifications in the logs, but memory usage still climbs and performance goes down overtime. Maybe I don't die enough.

And to the OP. Yes, it is safe to use. The .ini files are designed to be modified by the end user.

Edited by BlatMan

Hey thanks for the answers.

I play APBR normaly with steam atm

But is then first so that I have to start it via direct link first.

Sad that you just can not get it in all these years.

On 8/10/2023 at 10:58 PM, NRK said:

hey there!

try this out

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Eusg-_Wr3qxfyQnaFZ_U7Cm26ra3KAeC?usp=sharing

just drag Engine folder in main apb reloaded folder and replace files lmk if it worked

you're a godsend i wanted to thank you earlier and i forgot, btw the link is down now

you should make a steam guide with this, easy steam point farm

Edited by Optimus_Crime