Sign in to follow this  
Yapopal

Health interface is useless

The health interface is useless. It begins to manifest itself a fraction of a second before death. There is also no sound of bullets hitting. That is, it is completely unclear to me whether I was shot or not. The combination of performance problems, stuttering, ping reduces the time for which the player can react. The game is not aimed at the average player...

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Yapopal said:

The health interface is useless. It begins to manifest itself a fraction of a second before death. There is also no sound of bullets hitting. That is, it is completely unclear to me whether I was shot or not. The combination of performance problems, stuttering, ping reduces the time for which the player can react. The game is not aimed at the average player...

you don’t notice the giant red directional arrows?

8 hours ago, glaciers said:

you don’t notice the giant red directional arrows?

It renders for 1/3 the shots, and sometimes it is so delayed I see it after I killed the player.

I wonder if it's related to the radar bug introduced when the  Raptor 45 'Condor' was added. Players used to show up on radar for every shot fired, and the red dot would follow them. After the 'Condor' addition, it stopped following players, and many shots don't show up on radar for every weapon. Players leaning out of a vehicle sometimes have the red dot blink twice, even though they shot once. The 'Condor' often does not show up on radar, even after the player with it killed another player.

Regardless, I rather have a health value like in Counter Strike.

Off topic rant about networking.

Then there's the network problems that often don't show hitmarkers, even though you know you hit the player because they died. It's not a ping issue, because for me it happens mostly on US West, and occasionally on US East and EU West. Last few times I played on EU West, my ping was fluctuating between 90ms and 300ms, but my hit registration and overall server responsiveness was near perfect, other then the latency. There were no missing hit markers, and I didn't die behind cover like I do on US.

Support is kinda useless, although it's not their fault. They ask you to run trace routes. It's useless, because the end user can't see the internal routing between the DDoS protection nodes and the district server. The end user cannot tell where each individual packet is being sent. ICMP can be taking one route, and APB's UDP packets another route. Upstream packet loss cannot be measured by the end user, and low amounts of packet loss on the downstream shows 0 in game. They'd need to get Path involved to figure out where stuff is getting mixed up, but they probably don't have the resources to troubleshoot.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, BlatMan said:

It renders for 1/3 the shots, and sometimes it is so delayed I see it after I killed the player.

I wonder if it's related to the radar bug introduced when the  Raptor 45 'Condor' was added. Players used to show up on radar for every shot fired, and the red dot would follow them. After the 'Condor' addition, it stopped following players, and many shots don't show up on radar for every weapon. Players leaning out of a vehicle sometimes have the red dot blink twice, even though they shot once. The 'Condor' often does not show up on radar, even after the player with it killed another player.

Regardless, I rather have a health value like in Counter Strike.

Off topic rant about networking.

Hide contents

Then there's the network problems that often don't show hitmarkers, even though you know you hit the player because they died. It's not a ping issue, because for me it happens mostly on US West, and occasionally on US East and EU West. Last few times I played on EU West, my ping was fluctuating between 90ms and 300ms, but my hit registration and overall server responsiveness was near perfect, other then the latency. There were no missing hit markers, and I didn't die behind cover like I do on US.

Support is kinda useless, although it's not their fault. They ask you to run trace routes. It's useless, because the end user can't see the internal routing between the DDoS protection nodes and the district server. The end user cannot tell where each individual packet is being sent. ICMP can be taking one route, and APB's UDP packets another route. Upstream packet loss cannot be measured by the end user, and low amounts of packet loss on the downstream shows 0 in game. They'd need to get Path involved to figure out where stuff is getting mixed up, but they probably don't have the resources to troubleshoot.

it seems like the underlying issue is the poor netcode, in which case there’s no change to the HUD that can fix that - a health bar will be just as delayed as damage indicators or gun shots or any of the other current mehcanics