Sign in to follow this  
Popyconman

INSTALL NEVER WORKS (ERROR MESSAGE CANT PLAY)

Trying to reinstall the game after uninstalling it (understandable). However I would like to play it again. Tried through steam, through the official site. I can get the launcher up but when it comes to downloading it always gets an Error. I've done everything I can think of. Getting rid of old files, firewall, etc. That red error button continues to appear.

I would like some help in the matter

Thank you.

Merged.

The data in the error report is always "C:\Program Files (x86)\GamersFirst\APB Reloaded\Launcher\launcher.log"

On 7/1/2023 at 11:23 AM, cowhorseman said:

it's a sign to not play, or try the adv laucher

Adv launcher doesn't work either

1 hour ago, Popyconman said:

Adv launcher doesn't work either

then it's a sign from god to not play apb. you should take this blessing and your sanity aswell as time and go play something better.

Don't ask me what that is i have stopped playing MMOs as i'm to old for there bullshat

Some (unsuccessful) troubleshooting: 

• Firewall exception
  • Turning off antivirus
  • Tried newer files from my laptop 
  • Uninstall/ reinstall (Steam and Official)
  • Computer specific (works fine on my laptop)

Key take aways:

• The infamous Red 'ERROR' message on the launcher when this happens
  • always fails on the Binaries folder as a whole, no specifics (file download failed Binaries\APB.exe:StatusDownload)
  • Always fails on something from the maps folder 
    • Commonly:
      •  APBGame\Content\Release\Maps\PGBeaconDistrict\PGBeaconDistrict_Block09.APB:StatusDownload APBGame\Content\Release\Maps\FinancialDistrict\FinancialDistrict_Block21.APB:StatusDownload APBGame\Content\Release\Maps\FinancialDistrict\FinancialDistrict_Block35.APB:StatusDownload APBGame\Content\Release\Maps\FinancialDistrict\FinancialDistrict_Block34.APB:StatusDownload APBGame\Content\Release\Maps\FinancialDistrict\FinancialDistrict_Block26.APB:StatusDownload APBGame\Content\Release\Maps\AsylumDistrict\AsylumDistrict_CentralSection.APB:StatusDownload APBGame\Content\Release\Maps\FinancialDistrict\FinancialDistrict_Block17.APB:StatusDownload APBGame\Content\Release\Maps\FinancialDistrict\FinancialDistrict_Block22.APB:StatusDownload APBGame\Content\Release\Maps\FinancialDistrict\FinancialDistrict_Block15.APB:StatusDownload
      • APBGame\Content\Release\Maps\AsylumDistrict\AsylumDistrict_SEWing.APB:StatusDownload
      • APBGame\Content\Release\Maps\FinancialDistrict\FinancialDistrict_Block33.APB:StatusDownload

All this information im getting from the Launcher Log. Couldn't really find any info anywhere else. If anyone knows what to do here that would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Popyconman
Accidently Hit enter

On 7/5/2023 at 4:57 AM, Popyconman said:

Some (unsuccessful) troubleshooting: 

• Firewall exception
  • Turning off antivirus
  • Tried newer files from my laptop 
  • Uninstall/ reinstall (Steam and Official)
  • Computer specific (works fine on my laptop)

Key take aways:

• The infamous Red 'ERROR' message on the launcher when this happens
  • always fails on the Binaries folder as a whole, no specifics (file download failed Binaries\APB.exe:StatusDownload)
  • Always fails on something from the maps folder 
    • Commonly:
      •  APBGame\Content\Release\Maps\PGBeaconDistrict\PGBeaconDistrict_Block09.APB:StatusDownload APBGame\Content\Release\Maps\FinancialDistrict\FinancialDistrict_Block21.APB:StatusDownload APBGame\Content\Release\Maps\FinancialDistrict\FinancialDistrict_Block35.APB:StatusDownload APBGame\Content\Release\Maps\FinancialDistrict\FinancialDistrict_Block34.APB:StatusDownload APBGame\Content\Release\Maps\FinancialDistrict\FinancialDistrict_Block26.APB:StatusDownload APBGame\Content\Release\Maps\AsylumDistrict\AsylumDistrict_CentralSection.APB:StatusDownload APBGame\Content\Release\Maps\FinancialDistrict\FinancialDistrict_Block17.APB:StatusDownload APBGame\Content\Release\Maps\FinancialDistrict\FinancialDistrict_Block22.APB:StatusDownload APBGame\Content\Release\Maps\FinancialDistrict\FinancialDistrict_Block15.APB:StatusDownload
      • APBGame\Content\Release\Maps\AsylumDistrict\AsylumDistrict_SEWing.APB:StatusDownload
      • APBGame\Content\Release\Maps\FinancialDistrict\FinancialDistrict_Block33.APB:StatusDownload

All this information im getting from the Launcher Log. Couldn't really find any info anywhere else. If anyone knows what to do here that would be greatly appreciated.

how much ram and what kind of graphics card are you running. and OS i know steam is phasing out win 8 and this game eats your ram like fat man at a buffet. graphics card could also be the issue as out of date or certain ones might not be able to run apb. i know you said there uo to spec, but on paper vs in practice are very different. also log for any error logs inside of the files themselfs like steam apps common so on so forth

Edited by cowhorseman
yuhujghnmgjh

8 minutes ago, cowhorseman said:

how much ram and what kind of graphics card are you running. and OS i know steam is phasing out win 8 and this game eats your ram like fat man at a buffet. graphics card could also be the issue as out of date or certain ones might not be able to run apb. i know you said there uo to spec, but on paper vs in practice are very different. also log for any error logs inside of the files themselfs like steam apps common so on so forth

I have 32gs of ram a  RTX3070 on an i5-9600k (ik the processor is a bit of a bottle neck for the gpu, idc everything works fine). Im on Windows 10 (really dont want to use windows 11)

Ive never come across this issue. Ive tried installing on a separate drive. Same shit. Didn't find anything out of the ordinary looking through logs in other places.

5 minutes ago, Popyconman said:

I have 32gs of ram a  RTX3070 on an i5-9600k (ik the processor is a bit of a bottle neck for the gpu, idc everything works fine). Im on Windows 10 (really dont want to use windows 11)

Ive never come across this issue. Ive tried installing on a separate drive. Same shit. Didn't find anything out of the ordinary looking through logs in other places.

one thing i would try, but i would get in trouble for. is getting a copy of the files that are having an error from someone with a working copy. then swapping out those files. i can't help you here, but i also can not stop you from seeking that out ethier trying a second pc or contacting someone you may know

and if a fourm mod wishes to say anything to me my answer is already kiss my patootie alteast i'm trying to help with what info i got

1 minute ago, cowhorseman said:

one thing i would try, but i would get in trouble for. is getting a copy of the files that are having an error from someone with a working copy. then swapping out those files. i can't help you here, but i also can not stop you from seeking that out ethier trying a second pc or contacting someone you may know

and if a fourm mod wishes to say anything to me my answer is already kiss my patootie alteast i'm trying to help with what info i got

I tried that already with files from my laptop. Didn't change the outcome. I appreciate the effort tho. Idk whyd anyone would get on your patootie for that. Seems like a pretty logical solution

15 hours ago, Popyconman said:

I tried that already with files from my laptop. Didn't change the outcome. I appreciate the effort tho. Idk whyd anyone would get on your patootie for that. Seems like a pretty logical solution

file sharing. a big no no for gaming companies. fairly sure it's against TOS. but sorry i can not help you any farther i'm out of ideas other then something on your pc blocking it for whatever odd reason, though that is unlikey

interesting read. 

So , some things im sure you have already tried. but to cover  base il run through a check list. 

first of all, check your account allows you to install programs on your system. sounds stupid but there has been a known ms update that changes your account setup, 

So 

1) Uninstall the game via "control panel / Add remove programs" 

2)a) go to your install directory and make sure their is no direct folder titled apb Reloaded, some times some files can get left behind  ,.,  

2)b) If you installed via steam,, go to your steam storage / default directory, (steamapps) you should see "appmanifest_113400.acf" delete this file,. additionally go into "shadercache" and if you have a folder with the same app id "113400" delete this as well. 

2)c) if you installed the game from the stand alone launcher you will need to locate the directory you selected and double check it is clear, additionally go to 

C:\Users\"your account name"\AppData\Local - Look for anything folder related to gamersfirst of apbreloaded. and delete them. Within this same directory you should have "battlEye" Delete this folder and contents. 

also 

C:\Users\"your account name"\AppData\Roaming - check for gamers first / APB folder and delete them. 

You do not need to go diving into each folder or delete anything from temp files. 

3) Restart your system, this is vital when uninstalling / reinstalling games / programs as the system has to finalise files/process. 

4)  download the latest Direct X (link for the lates DX Via Microsoft site)  and NetFramework (link for the latest 4.8 via microsoft site) for your os.   also look to check your system drivers are up to date. 

5) antivirus, if you are running 3rd party antivirus, check it is not restricting installations, you should also be able to see a history log, if all looks clear  continue., 

6) download a fresh installer from the game site or steam library. try installing the game via the launcher, I would recommend not changings its default installation directories, unless you want it on a secondary device      if you know what your doing,   3

DO NOT do anything whilst it is downloading., once it has complete the download and install, do not run the game and close the launcher, you can now check your antivirus again to see if it has detected anything or isolated any files. if it looks clear,  then try to load the game. 

if you got an error whilst downloading the game,  then normally i would look at a program, like your antivirus or anti-malware, defender or something is monitoring and restricting  your traffic , for a good reason but it could be a false flag. 

Note that if you are on a business class router or behind a business server this can be a problem.  

Copying files..  

As a rule copying the game from one Device to another providing both are yours and your accounts its not an issue, as this is how you can backup your games. so if it is working on your laptop simply copying the game directory contents (files with in the apb directory folder) and placing them in the directory folder on the other system should be fine.,

So  for example

pc1\c:\programfiles\gamersfirst\APB Reloaded\ "contents 

to 

pc2\e:\steam\common\APBReloaded\ "contents"

- you can then load the launcher go to options and Verify files. BUT they must be your files linking to your gamersfirst account. 

if the issue persists then yes you have a deeper problem.