Sign in to follow this  
G4B3

Cross Server Trade + Marketplace

As matchmaking is developed and begins to include cross-server matching, what will become of trading and the marketplace?

As easy as it would be to declare the storage load too great and simply disallow trading and sales between characters that don't share a server,
I would consider it a mandatory feature, to add to the process of pooling the player-base, that access to the marketplace, trading, whispers, friends lists, and mail are cross-server, as well.

Unless the intention for cross-server matchmaking is to never display player symbols nor chat messages from your teammates, much less allow you to add cross-server friend or ignore list entries, I see little reason that these features would involve inventing an entirely new system. I'm sure it's more complicated than I'm making it sound, but I'm sure the LO team is acutely aware of the massive draw that this game's unparalleled customization has for its ability to give players a place to build an identity, an ego, and a cultivatable alternate self that keeps them coming back to play the base game despite the many modern alternatives to it.

When could we expect to see these implemented in relation to the matchmaking system? Any insight or even musings are appreciated.

PS: Thanks for keeping this thing alive, LO. ❤️