Sign in to follow this  
ZacAttackLeader

A small breath of fresh air!

Ever since you guys did that engine update to 64bit... the server pop has went up. 

I have seen a lot of new faces and some returning.  This isn't 2400 players like it was in 2016, but its back to the old Pre-server migration numbers of just under 1000.
I love this game and wish it had more content, like maps and vehicles ( not just weapons or clothes ).

Thank you for continuing the support of the game, even when we reached under 150 players consistently. APB's glory days might be over, but there is still some fun to be had in this little gem.

• Thanks 1

This game's glory days are yet to begin if they just focus on adding anything but the quick broken cash grab gun they'll have to upset everyone about and rebalance later. 

Literally anything but that - a new permanent gamemode or purchasable but non preset'ed clothing, even existing weapon or vehicle reskins and kits would more than do. 

Brush up on the UI design and eliminate these fps stutters that plague this game even after the 64 bit update. More importantly look into the new player experience and see how it could be improved. 

Edited by Optimus_Crime

15 minutes ago, Optimus_Crime said:

This game's glory days are yet to begin if they just focus on adding anything but the quick broken cash grab gun they'll have to upset everyone about and rebalance later. 

Literally anything but that - a new permanent gamemode or purchasable but non preset'ed clothing, even existing weapon or vehicle reskins and kits would more than do. 

Brush up on the UI design and eliminate these fps stutters that plague this game even after the 64 bit update. More importantly look into the new player experience and see how it could be improved. 

I'm a bit of Hopium, but I believe we'll start to see more, since the backend stuff is finally getting fixed. Fingers crossed

44 minutes ago, Optimus_Crime said:

you and a couple others mentioned FPS drops. I haven't had any, but I also have a 3900x and a 3090. So im not the best to ask on stability.

One of the Devs was in game, Secret. he said theyd rather buff non-meta weapons then nerf meta ones, cause taking someone's fun away ruins the experience. Tonight was great though. Dev did events, answered questions, and everyone in the lobby seemed pleased. 

I hope they do this on a monthly basis. just to see how the community feels and keep engagement up.

1 hour ago, Optimus_Crime said:

Thanks for the laugh.

2 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Thanks for the laugh.

Ignorance is bliss

6 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Thanks for the laugh.

Save me your typical snarky dipshit replies, deep down you know and hope for this game to succeed. You would've dropped it and anything to do with it including these forums a long time ago otherwise. 

There are games older than APB that are still actively played, in fact some of them such as tf2 hit their peak player count not too long ago. It would be naive to think it'll reach such popularity sure, but I believe they can turn this sinking ship around if they focus on it and not several at a time. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

46 minutes ago, Optimus_Crime said:

Save me your typical snarky dipshit replies, deep down you know and hope for this game to succeed. You would've dropped it and anything to do with it including these forums a long time ago otherwise. 

There are games older than APB that are still actively played, in fact some of them such as tf2 hit their peak player count not too long ago. It would be naive to think it'll reach such popularity sure, but I believe they can turn this sinking ship around if they focus on it and not several at a time. 

Well duh I wish and hope for that, but I am also realistic.

Also tf2 hit its peak because of bots.

3 hours ago, Optimus_Crime said:

You do realize that tf2 is owned by Valve right ? It's in a completely different universe compared to G1 and LO. There's nothing snarky about his comments. We've been here for 10+ years in many cases and we have seen all of the empty promises and mismanagement. Small changes that people have been asking for since the beginning of the game were never implemented and they probably never will at this rate. Of course everyone wants APB to be great but you gotta manage your expectations and actually look at the past.