Sign in to follow this  
Reprimand

After my first few games back

IAPB is feeling and playing much better. 

On my first few games back there were a few things that still bother me:

Weapon modifications: Having to clear and add the same few modifications for each weapon is tedious and time consuming. Make it so when you buy one you can apply it to every weapon, even when switched. It saves time and energy. 

Ammo: Replenishing ammo when low takes a long time, even when using the portable refill. Please speed up the time it takes to do this or have it be something as simple as a button press on a machine. 

Animations: Once the new slots are added, please add modifications to speed up certain animations (ladder climbing, car jacking) 

These are things which slow down the game play and long out missions. 

45 minutes ago, Reprimand said:

Ammo: Replenishing ammo when low takes a long time, even when using the portable refill. Please speed up the time it takes to do this or have it be something as simple as a button press on a machine. 

It is meant to be slow as a balancing mechanic.

2 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

It is meant to be slow as a balancing mechanic.

Balancing how? I get on the portable refill it will be slower but going to a machine mid match? You already have to drive across the map between objectives. 

6 hours ago, Reprimand said:

Balancing how? I get on the portable refill it will be slower but going to a machine mid match? You already have to drive across the map between objectives. 

Because you can do it anywhere.

It is also there as a trade off for time refilling vs time playing the objective/killing.

2 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Because you can do it anywhere.

It is also there as a trade off for time refilling vs time playing the objective/killing.

This is illogical. You don't have a choice to refill your weapons. It has to happen as a condition of playing the game. Playing the objective has to happen too. 

Just now, Reprimand said:

This is illogical. You don't have a choice to refill your weapons. It has to happen as a condition of playing the game. Playing the objective has to happen too. 

Okay, let's just allow everyone to instantly refill their weapons from a portable or machine with zero downside. I'll start spamming out the explosives en masse with no drawback.

APB's round timer is a set resource that you have to play around. Everything you do takes from that resource. That includes refilling ammo or switching weapons. You are spending time (resource) to allow you to either continue or adjust your playstyle for that particular moment. This also extends to everything else. Taking a flanking route that takes longer? Resource/Time. Driving between objectives? Resource/time. Etc etc etc.

1 hour ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Okay, let's just allow everyone to instantly refill their weapons from a portable or machine with zero downside. I'll start spamming out the explosives en masse with no drawback.

It doesn't have to be instant. But a little faster so people can focus on playing the objective would be nice? You're forgetting that there are players defending the objective, respawn time, driving around as well as spawn place which all naturally run down the timer. 

Also, "I'll start spamming out the explosives en masse with no drawback." This is just stupid. Don't be stupid. 

1 hour ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

APB's round timer is a set resource that you have to play around. Everything you do takes from that resource. That includes refilling ammo or switching weapons. You are spending time (resource) to allow you to either continue or adjust your playstyle for that particular moment. This also extends to everything else. Taking a flanking route that takes longer? Resource/Time. Driving between objectives? Resource/time. Etc etc etc.

Tactics ≠ Refuelling. If I choose to change weapons, it shouldn't take up to a minute to have to quickly switch modifications, change weapons and wait for the ammo to refill. The more time players spend killing each other, the better. 

6 hours ago, Reprimand said:

It doesn't have to be instant. But a little faster so people can focus on playing the objective would be nice? You're forgetting that there are players defending the objective, respawn time, driving around as well as spawn place which all naturally run down the timer. 

That's the point. To have to direct time/resources away from those to refill/switch.

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit