Sign in to follow this  
1ShawnMichaels1

Make a table with the monthly Rating of guns (for easy balancing)

I suggest that the developers post such a table every month.
The table will contain statistics for the past month.
the table will show the ratio of the player's deaths and the number of frags when using a certain weapon.

We will collect the data in the table from all players and display the average number from them.
With the help of such a table, we will all see which weapons are playing well at the moment and which weapons need a buff or nerf.

• Like 1

I remember reading someone was asking for a colby pistol to be buffed because it's OP. I got one and it fires so slowly it's useless, I'd be dead five times over before I shot anyone with it. They say it's a three shot kill but you'd never manage to shoot anyone more than once with it whatever weapon they are using

I like the idea of creating a kind of statistic service for all weapons. I think it will improve the overall balance of the game.

On 5/25/2022 at 10:20 AM, FartyBumBumGuff said:

I remember reading someone was asking for a colby pistol to be buffed because it's OP. I got one and it fires so slowly it's useless, I'd be dead five times over before I shot anyone with it. They say it's a three shot kill but you'd never manage to shoot anyone more than once with it whatever weapon they are using

If you mean the Colby RSA, yes it's garbage compared to other pistols with similar range.

- Too long draw time for close range.

- Too low ttk for close and mid range.

- Too much bloom for mid range.

- Too low minimum damage for long range.

- Too low over damage for clotting agent 3.

You're better off with the ACT .44 GM or R-2. Both have faster ttk and lower draw time. Heck, using a Cobly .45 as your primary and a NCR 'Anubis' as a secondary would still be better in most cases than any weapon combo with the RSA.

• Thanks 1

One value people keep forgetting about as a balancing mechanic for weapons is ammo cost, Sure many weapons share the same ammo but that is easily changed.

Why can't weapons which are disliked for being too good become balanced by excessive ammo cost and weapons which are underwhelming become valuable for their profitability? 

Essentially what would happen is that good players gain a reason to handicap themselves against bad players who retain a means to level the playing field.

Edited by Someone