Sign in to follow this  
badass1234

APB RELOADED IS LITERALLY UNPLAYABLE FOR A YEAR BECAUSE OF NON-EXISTANT AUTOIT BATTLEYE DETECTION

For over a year I have described the issue in great detail with multiple troubleshooting attempts done in order to play the game without reformatting the PC.

I can use Valorant's ring0 anticheat, I can use faceit ring0 anticheat, I've never had this problem for 10+ years of gaming, most of which I played online.

I'm willing to do a lot to finally be able to play this game again as you can see by the efforts I've been through described in the thread above.

It seems like those 2 new threads I've made on the forums and 2 tweets I've sent to APB and LittleOrbit twitter are truly exhausting every possible means of getting this bug resolved or at least identifying what could be getting detected by your game, because I'm literally clueless.

I have stopped writing this thread for one more attempt to play the game, this time I manually closed every possible application that has any services/connections with mouse/keyboard including RTSS, Afterburner and a few more, but this doesn't change anything, each Corsair iCue process killed, not just the main iCUE.exe, Aurora RGB also completely killed, but still this:

R1n0rUJ.png

Hi @badass1234 , Hope your good. 

kick this off with a small bit of dribble. ,, iv been thinking and researching this issue and I have been meaning to jump on and try to help. 

so firstly I just want to help clarify AutoIt and the issues around it, with Battleeye and the global use of Autoit.

its always easy to compare "anticheat" software/applications to others. each have there own strengths and weakness, some have a prime time and some fade.  I could happily compare Ring0 and Battleeye against the Warzone one and Laugh A Lot! plus everyone has there own preferred opinion on which to use.  from a business view Little Orbit may have (I am not speaking for them) chosen to stay with BE because of contract, cost, difficulty of changing or even simply they found it the best fit for the game which is normally the main decider. 

When it comes to detecting Applications there is a real grey area in how they operate, the amount of access and information that is gathered etc. some AC simply don't do enough. 

AutoIt although being a great application for those who wish to use it correctly or efficiently for projects, workflow. this application can also be abused for cheating, and more importantly Malware. if used for malware even the most "common" AM packages will not detect it. to my understanding Companies like Razor have moved away from using it but only in their most recent "application packages".   Some data mining companies or companies that monitor your activities to use for marketing do also use "auto it/Runs" to do this. 

Now, even if you say open "task manger" and disable an application from starting on boot, or you even go into "processes" and close an application, you will never actually close the application or stop it from running, most malware or "safe" applications that require to autorun will have a safety trigger to detect when being stopped and "auto Run" . 

List of known "applications" that use Auto runs abusively  is huge,   Browser plugins can be infected ,  browser toolbars,  download packages from unsecure websites where you think your downloading a wallpaper but you have to download it as a "zip" file. or even downloading a "download manager" to get that application off a dodgy site. these can all hold hidden autoruns. and I am sure non of that applies to you. 

Actions for you to try/take. This is at your own risk how ever (👈 I have to state that) 

1. Download AVG + Malwarebytes, Run and update these, then power off the system unplug/disable your "connection" to your internet.  power up and let your system stabilise with out being used, then load avg and run full scan , do the same for Malwarebytes afterwards. Not at the same time. once you have your results back either - or + and you have cleaned or happy with the results. reconnect your connection and run the scans again.   

What this is doing is creating a "safe" zone with in AVG and Malwarebytes, then once your connection is active any "application" that becomes active based on the connection will be check under a "live scan".  

Some "Malware" can be missed, and like iv referenced to, a lot of applications that autorun will auto re-start/run so the next step is to look into what is actually running in the background. 

2. AutoRuns - by Microsoft  (link here )

This sounds crazy to download an "autorun" application to combat "autoit". I would personally download the "run only" version of this application (run only versions do not install to your system like .exe versions) , again i would once downloaded disconnect your self from the net and load "autoruns", then scan your system.   I STRONGLY advise you read up on there wicky.

With in this application it will list all "automated applications". it is not for the faint hearted, before you begin disabling anything, i would take screen grabs of the list or applications you are not sure off. then like the scans, re-connect your self to the net and run "autoruns" again, to compare your scan, if you have any "auto runs" based on an active connection. 

Now, this is not to say you have any malware or dodgy applications,  using "autoruns" will also allow you to check for razor(like) applications and be able to disable them , but some may cause unwanted effects elsewhere so be careful. 

once you have tweaked and think youve found the issue give the game a try.  this will how ever be very "rinse repeat" 

👌 good luck.

Edited by Sgt Drayke

On 4/25/2021 at 10:28 PM, Sgt Drayke said:

Hi @badass1234 , Hope your good. 

kick this off with a small bit of dribble. ,, iv been thinking and researching this issue and I have been meaning to jump on and try to help. 

It's been resolved now, but thank you very much for help also! :classic_happy:

As this issue has been resolved I have marked it as such.

~@mayii