MaxJedburgh

Never seen this bug before...Launch Box

This one has me stumped. Every time I've launched the game tonight, all I get is a blank launch box.

It says it's updating, but the progress bar doesn't move. There's no images or sidebar news posts,

just a close button [X].

I took a screenshot of it because I'd never encountered it before.

It's been a while so I nolonger know how to post the image, unfortunately.

Logging in to the Forums I got a DDoS warning of some kind.

Is NA under DDoS attack? That might explain it...don't know.

Merged.

I've tried Options> Repair....Repair button not lit/won't work either.

There is many many reason why this might of happened.  Game is being blocked by AV / AM / Windows firewall & defender,  OR  launcher has corrupted / unlinked.  Also run environment (OS updates)

Easiest is simply uninstall the game,  restart your system, re-install game .   

If you installed it via steam then open up steam library and right click the game > manage > uninstall. 

If you installed directly from APB Launcher,  then open Windows start menu > Type "add remove programs"  and locate "APB Reloaded" > Uninstall .  

¬> if you wish to install from Launcher File again, get the latest version from the site , do not use old ones. 

If you are still having this issue after a clean install of the game from the newest launcher , then I would definitely question your security applications or RE (OS updates,) 

Edited by Sgt Drayke
  • Thanks 1

I came here expecting lunch, I'm dissapointed. 

• Thanks 1

Sorry Zoley, my launch box was empty before I got here. Lunch box, doubly so. It's a sad state of affairs, man. 

Thanks, Sarge! I'll try that out. It's been somthing like 3 years since my last fresh install, never would have thought of it myself.

Descendant of Luddites here, and something about apples and trees.

As this issue has been resolved I'll mark it as such.

~@mayii