Sign in to follow this  
R3ACT3M

A way to lower the skill ceiling a bit, and an SMG change

So I have played many games in the shooter category and I found out what APB lacks that other, more arcade-y shooters have and that is Automatic recoil recovery.

Two games that I play that come to mind would be Siege and Fallout 4 both have a system in place where shooting full auto will eventually bring the crosshair back to where it was.

No something like this wouldn't work for EVERY weapon in APB. But if you shoot in APB you can sort of see a small amount of this recoil recover.

So if you ever played games like ARMA, or post scriptum these types of shooters don't have this recoil recovery because they focus on being much more true to real life. Simulators 

I think adding this recoil recovery to something like assault rifles would be the most beneficial, as adding it to other weapons would in turn either make them useless or overpowered.

Another thing is APBs meta in this day and age revolves around strafing. 

So what should counter an SMG? typically a shotgun or if lucky an assault rifle but because most PROS can strafe with ease with an smg making them a super hard target to hit ONTOP of being able to dish out accurate blows is very unfair. And playing a shotgun recently I tried something and was kinda surprised. How come with a shotgun if you ADS, your movement is slowed? While SMGs don't suffer from such a debuff. One could argue that because shotguns are able to dish out kill in as little as 2 kills this makes it fair. But it really isn't due to SMG users having the ability to fire non-stop while strafing at running speeds. So? Simply increase the max bloom, and encourage aiming an SMG then add a movement debuff to that. This would make fighting an smg much more fair. They should still dominate the Close quarters field so in turn assault rifles should have their full auto bloom increased at least a bit. 

Assault rifles should dominate the mid range to long range

While SMGs, Shotguns, and misc rifles like the joker carbine dominate close.

Because the Shotgun pellet spread rework encourages aiming SMGs should also have some kind of aiming requirement

Hopefully there are no spelling/grammar errors in this post im writing this tired.

APB already has really little recoil, the only weapon which requires the most recoil control which comes to my mind is the Tommy Gun. Recoil isn't an issue in APB, it's more the bloom control of the gun. You can't full auto a NTEC at long range.

JG is what dominates CQC, not SMG. You just see more SMG's because a) they have more range b) skilled people refuse to use JG because it's stupidly OP. 

You see a lot of stupid russians use JG all the time because they think it's actually more skillful to use than SMG, which isn't true. 

You shouldn't nerf something which requires skill. Don't punish a player for having good movement. If you can't hit a guy with good movement it's your aim, so it's your own problem. Nerfing something like strafing will only make APB slower and braindead.

Train your aim and brain instead of using JG 

5 hours ago, UwUMaster666 said:

APB already has really little recoil, the only weapon which requires the most recoil control which comes to my mind is the Tommy Gun. Recoil isn't an issue in APB, it's more the bloom control of the gun. You can't full auto a NTEC at long range.

I should have mentioned that I would like to see better accuracy in trade for more recoil, which would also make recoil recovery more viable. And like I said this feature is very common across games. Most HARDCORE shooters don't have this kind of feature which is probably very jarring for the new player. So adding in a feature like this to some guns could help lower said skill ceiling. Bloom control isn't very engaging and can be very frustrating. Many people hate the "RNG" feel of this game. So that's why you see more accurate guns picked over less accurate guns. Unless they reliably can get kills fast in CQB.

JG is what dominates CQC, not SMG. You just see more SMG's because a) they have more range b) skilled people refuse to use JG because it's stupidly OP.

Id like to have what you're smoking. I doubt anyone in APB would purposely pick a more "skillfull" weapon. That just doesn't make sense. Because if this statement was true people would be playing the norseman.

Don't punish a player for having good movement.

Pressing wasd in a circle isn't "skilled" movement. Jumpshot (which were nerfed) are an example of skilled movement.

If you can't hit a guy with good movement it's your aim, so it's your own problem. Nerfing something like strafing will only make APB slower and braindead.

Then more guns should be able to strafe like an OCA. Why is it my fault that the enemy im fighting gets to move at running speed while shooting me as if I was standing still. LO should bring back assault rifle jump shots then. Because skilled good movement should beat out who has the better gun then.

Train your aim and brain instead of using JG 

I love how many times you say JG even though I mentioned it 0 times. There are other shotguns you know? But I guess someone who joined the forums this year wouldn't know that. You're clearly just a salty oca user. 

Typical "shotgun skill weapon!! smg noob!! hold mb1 to win!!" random who has no idea of how the game is played at high skill. 

Norseman is shit, there is a difference between a gun that requires skill to be good against actual good players and a gun that is just plain bad. 

Jumpshot skillful... strafing noob... holy fuck I always drop fucking IQ points when I read what people think is skillful in this game. Please proceed with "strafing" wasd, so I can ttk the fuck out of people like you. 

Oscar, carbine have even crazier movement than SMG. Other guns don't have that just because they weren't designed to shoot constantly in hipfire. 

I mention JG because it's literally broken, use any other shotgun if you want, idc, except CSG all other shotguns are shit.

Maybe I shouldn't mention aim and brain to someone who opens a thread to ask for help how to aim?

2 hours ago, UwUMaster666 said:

Typical "shotgun skill weapon!! smg noob!! hold mb1 to win!!" random who has no idea of how the game is played at high skill. 

Norseman is shit, there is a difference between a gun that requires skill to be good against actual good players and a gun that is just plain bad. 

Jumpshot skillful... strafing noob... holy fuck I always drop fucking IQ points when I read what people think is skillful in this game. Please proceed with "strafing" wasd, so I can ttk the fuck out of people like you. 

Oscar, carbine have even crazier movement than SMG. Other guns don't have that just because they weren't designed to shoot constantly in hipfire. 

I mention JG because it's literally broken, use any other shotgun if you want, idc, except CSG all other shotguns are shit.

Maybe I shouldn't mention aim and brain to someone who opens a thread to ask for help how to aim?

300px-You_Are_Not_a_Clown._You_Are_The_E

Personally i think it is not necessary to add aim assist to the game becuase like uwuMaster666 have said ,apb guns have little recoil,and the biggest problems new players have,it is not the fact that they cannot aim,it is their lack of knowledge of the game added to the fact of difference of equipment they have(cars,guns,mods,equipment,etc) compare to the most of the players of the game which are veterans.

What APB needs is a proper tutorial that actually shows to new apb players how apb works,so they dont try to take down a sniper which is 90m away with an oca for example.

2 hours ago, RCooper said:

Personally i think it is not necessary to add aim assist to the game becuase like uwuMaster666 have said ,apb guns have little recoil,and the biggest problems new players have,it is not the fact that they cannot aim,it is their lack of knowledge of the game added to the fact of difference of equipment they have(cars,guns,mods,equipment,etc) compare to the most of the players of the game which are veterans.

What APB needs is a proper tutorial that actually shows to new apb players how apb works,so they dont try to take down a sniper which is 90m away with an oca for example.

I should edit the post with less bloom more recoil because then something like a recoil rebound system would make sense. But honestly I don't think a tutorial will help new players. It just wont. Not in a game like this. I feel like something like kill cams would sooner teach players what they did wrong. Tutorials would only be good for teaching stuff like how mods work, and chat functions. Unless some serious PVE content comes out this is what a tutorial will be limited too. APB is a game you learn how to play by playing it but for new players to stick around the skill ceiling HAS to be lowered via gameplay changes. Not weapon changes. I suggested the SMG change but they could also make it so Shotguns get no movement debuff while aiming if aiming is what they are encouraging.

Also it's not really "aim assist" not like a console aim assist, im just suggesting what other arcade shooters do. Most hardcore shooters don't have weapon recoil rebound because that's realistic. But APB is far from realistic. The only problem I could see with such a system is maybe fighting such a system. (like over compensating the rebound just because veteran muscle memory)

I will also reiterate that you cannot call it fair how the SMG class of weapons can super strafe while every other class is standing still by comparison. I could see myself enjoying CQB weapons much more if I didn't feel like I was cheesing everyone out of kills because you can strafe at lightning speeds and hold lmb.

APB has some recoil recovery. It's really annoying on the N-HVR-243. It took a while to get used to.

Current SMGs, like the OCA, PMG, and CAP40, no longer have a niche. They can't utilize cover in cqc like shotguns, and they have too low max damage range to fight ARs and carbines. I find myself using the Colby .45 as my primary when I have an SMG equipped. At range it out TTKs most ARs due to good accuracy and low bloom, which also means it can be used against shotguns and SMGs outside of cqc.