Sign in to follow this  
FireHitPanic

LMG rework proposal.

I feel LMGs in this game are pretty much useless. All except for maybe the Kraken. I also haven’t used all LMGs so this is based on what I have used.

My proposed rework is this:

- Bloom - Have the LMGs reach max bloom after about half of its ammo before reloading.

- Damage - Make damage dependent on fire rate. But have them on the weaker side. 
- Movement Speed - Have the speed you move while holding a LMG slow you down more. Slow as in between where it is now and as if your holding a Volcano rocket launcher.

So my thinking for this changes would change LMGs to be a more aggressive support weapon. The Reduced Bloom and Damage will help you lay covering fire to keep the opposing team away to let teammates go in at a different angle or come from somewhere else. You will do decent damage but would also want to keep your distance if you have a direct engagement with the enemy.

I enjoy using LMGs in games but I just can’t figure them out in this game. They don’t seem to do good damage to vehicles. They are more inaccurate than assault rifles and some SMGs at a medium to long distance. They also don’t deal good damage due to recoil and needing to crouch at short to long distances. Even crouching can do nothing for some guns as the bloom is worse than a sniper.

If you think LMGs are fine as is, please let me know which LMGs are worth giving a shot, what mods to slap on it, and strategies on using it effectively. I am willing to adjust if I am using these guns wrong.

Thanks for reading.

FireHitPanic

On 11/4/2020 at 12:57 AM, FireHitPanic said:

I feel LMGs in this game are pretty much useless. All except for maybe the Kraken. I also haven’t used all LMGs so this is based on what I have used.

- Bloom - Have the LMGs reach max bloom after about half of its ammo before reloading.

- Damage - Make damage dependent on fire rate. But have them on the weaker side. 
- Movement Speed - Have the speed you move while holding a LMG slow you down more. Slow as in between where it is now and as if your holding a Volcano rocket launcher.

So my thinking for this changes would change LMGs to be a more aggressive support weapon. The Reduced Bloom and Damage will help you lay covering fire to keep the opposing team away to let teammates go in at a different angle or come from somewhere else. You will do decent damage but would also want to keep your distance if you have a direct engagement with the enemy.

I enjoy using LMGs in games but I just can’t figure them out in this game. They don’t seem to do good damage to vehicles. They are more inaccurate than assault rifles and some SMGs at a medium to long distance. They also don’t deal good damage due to recoil and needing to crouch at short to long distances. Even crouching can do nothing for some guns as the bloom is worse than a sniper.

If you think LMGs are fine as is, please let me know which LMGs are worth giving a shot, what mods to slap on it, and strategies on using it effectively. I am willing to adjust if I am using these guns wrong.

Thanks for reading.

FireHitPanic

They're fine, I recommend AMG (0.585s), rabid(0.6s) and Shaw(0.56) they don't need Cooling J3 as they have a well TTK hence their accuracy are not ruined and u can put other utilities in place...I haven't tested but they seem well off on paper, play with the modifications selection on APB.DB.com generally consider bandolier, 3 point sling 3, extended mag or Hunting sight 3 or even mag. pull....mods i didnt mention max rank is because counter parts can be better in consequence dep. on the gun. Honorable mentions, Nssw with CJ3 to cut ttk, and Alig/bolo with maybe CJ (().72 s base ttk is alright...still rec. CJ). The swarm also, 0.8 secs ttk kills it so CJ3 to bump it up . Do NOT use heavy barrel unless it doesn't change the kill time and has a notable diff. it generally breaks the edge over rifles. This is in theory, go prove it as thanks for my 1hr research...XD maybe 36 if i count how much time on the database. Your welcome in advance.        

Edited by Theronguard
The swarm

clearly you do not know about the power of the SHAWcopter in asylum

On 11/4/2020 at 5:57 AM, FireHitPanic said:

Thanks for reading.

FireHitPanic

for context the ingame lmgs SHAW and alig are set on there roles shaw being a anti personal weapon and alig being anti vehecail you can use them for either way but that's the main propose

the Euryale seems to be a different version of shaw and the kraken seems to work as a in-between of the two and the CASE series is a version of the alig of course i stick to smg and rifles so i could be off here  

• Like 1

Shaw | Muzzle brake + Hunting Sight 3 + MagPull 3 | Godly

AMG | Hunting Sight 3 or 3PS3 + Muzzle brake | Broken

Alig | don't use, unless against cars but the DMR av is better lmao | rng cannon

Rabid | (Just an AR but with big mag) Hunting Sight 3 + Improved Rifling or Cooling Jacket 2 (imo) + 3PS3/Mobility Sling | Really fun

NSSW/VAS SW2 | Improved 3 (for missions with long ranges)/ Heavy Barrel 2 (does no reduce stk) + Hunting sight 3 + 3PS3 | LASER

if i forgot a gun soz.

Edited by Chabbo
  • Like 1