Sign in to follow this  
R3ACT3M

Can we get a list?

Can someone who works with or for Little Orbit make a list of every gun and what changes are being considered made for them?

It would be nice to see a nod/acknowledgement on people's complaints on weapon balance. Even if the list said guns were considered balanced.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Uhh... are you ok?

I wanted to see if I could get people to dislike me if i asked...experiment resulted in more likes

Also, I understand LO is hard at work on the engine, how many mods work on the forums?
Its damaging to moral to think that the current state of weapon balance might be the end all be all.
So I don't think it's unreasonable to see progress and their thoughts on weapon balance should be

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, R3ACT3M said:

Also, I understand LO is hard at work on the engine, how many mods work on the forums?

what do the forum mods have to do with weapon balance

1 hour ago, R3ACT3M said:

I wanted to see if I could get people to dislike me if i asked...experiment resulted in more likes

Hahahaha that's the forums for you!

2 hours ago, 404 said:

what do the forum mods have to do with weapon balance

Can they do anything besides tell people to not say the N word?

Do they work close at all to Little Orbit, because the only thing i've seen moderators post is statements on anti-cheat and the new engine.

As excited as I am for the new engine, it's still APB at the end of the day, so a bit of a hey we are aware of the problems it still has would boost morale, and possible attitudes toward the current state of the game

2 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Hahahaha that's the forums for you!

😛 a bit of a social experiment 

Reply with more than just confused emotes, i'm not gonna bite your heads off if the shit that comes out of my  mouth  fingers makes no sense.

I made this thread as a bit of a rant, but hopefully as something constructive can come of it.

5 minutes ago, R3ACT3M said:

Can they do anything besides tell people to not say the N word?

Do they work close at all to Little Orbit, because the only thing i've seen moderators post is statements on anti-cheat and the new engine.

As excited as I am for the new engine, it's still APB at the end of the day, so a bit of a hey we are aware of the problems it still has would boost morale, and possible attitudes toward the current state of the game

i mean their job is to moderate the forums, that's why they're called forum moderators 

7 minutes ago, 404 said:

i mean their job is to moderate the forums, that's why they're called forum moderators 

Well it would be nice to see more than just Matt posting Dev updates, unless LO is a conspiracy and he is the only Dev

2 hours ago, R3ACT3M said:

Can someone who works with or for Little Orbit make a list of every gun and what changes are being considered made for them?

It would be nice to see a nod/acknowledgement on people's complaints on weapon balance. Even if the list said guns were considered balanced.

People's complaints/feedback belong to one of the following:

- Genuine, objective complaints about weapons that need to change for the overall betterment of the game.

- Selfish complaints that try to steer weapon balance into personal preference, even if it screws the game over.

- Trollish complains that try to steer weapon balance towards making busted weapons even more busted, just to see the game fail.

----------------------------------------

Regardless of the source of complaints, the problem is that from LO's perspective, those people obviously have conflicting facts and opinions about weapon balance, so there would naturally be nothing concrete to publicly document on the forums with satisfactory level of detail...

The best you can ever get right now is LO saying: Players wish to see Ursus get nerfed, Harbinger buffed, and more.. your feedback matters to us and we shall revisit weapon balancing after the Engine Upgrade goes live.

Just now, R3ACT3M said:

Well it would be nice to see more than just Matt posting Dev updates, unless LO is a conspiracy and he is the only Dev

i imagine its easiest for mattscott to post updates because not only should he have all the information but he's the person who has to greenlight any info release anyway, it seems kind of redundant for anyone else to seek approval to do the same thing he could already have done

On 8/1/2020 at 12:10 AM, 404 said:

i imagine its easiest for mattscott to post updates because not only should he have all the information but he's the person who has to greenlight any info release anyway, it seems kind of redundant for anyone else to seek approval to do the same thing he could already have done

True, butt it from a community stand point having Matt announce big plans such as the engine makes sense. Then assign another developer the role of giving smaller news out. I'm also assuming that because of this engine upgrade, is the reason why we don't see this type of info. 

I just know I was really disappointed when on one of the streams Matt said that weapon balance was in a good spot and in my personal opinion it is not. 

On 8/1/2020 at 12:07 AM, LilyRain said:

People's complaints/feedback belong to one of the following:

- Genuine, objective complaints about weapons that need to change for the overall betterment of the game.

- Selfish complaints that try to steer weapon balance into personal preference, even if it screws the game over.

- Trollish complains that try to steer weapon balance towards making busted weapons even more busted, just to see the game fail.

I genuinely care about the game, and i'm not one to say nerf every gun BUT this one because it's what I like and what I like goes.

I don't roll that way, I said it before that I rather loose a close and well matched game than have to try 4 times harder because some weapons are the "golden goose" guns.

It feels like you have the main guns NTEC, HVR (non scout), JG, then OCA or PMG. and because these guns are the golden ones every other weapon is either good in only 1 field or none at all.

And if you read one of my replies to this thread, I did mention that it is a rant but I wanted something constructive to come of it. 

Another thing I recall Matt saying is that he is relying on the community to tell their team what is and isn't balanced. And it is very true that it's delicate because 1 small number change can cause a landslide in balance for this game and it's most likely because of how weapon bloom works. So if you liked how a weapon played, sounded, looked, felt ingame means absolutely nothing if 1 weapon can ensure victory most of the time.

Most people complain about the PMG and it appears that there has been absolutely no statement on that weapon or any weapon (send me a link if I am wrong plz) besides how shotgun spread works.

What I think Little Orbit should have up is a survey of sorts, let people put tickets in on what guns should be evaluated and see which ones pop up the most.

What pisses me off even more is the fact how multiple voice their concerns on a weapon and they get met with an outrageous amount of dislikes even if they put it in a reasonable tone.

This community is Toxic as hell, the only people responsible for this game's death is YOU!

Merged.

not weapon balance but this is the behavior im talking about that I wish to be more frequent 

Sign in to follow this